01-12-11 02:55 PM
70 123
tools
    If the storm 3 does hit. I hope its for both sprint and Verizon as that would be better for rimm as far as sales.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But that would break exclusivity contracts and the like.

Really hope this is coming soon.
    01-05-11 01:39 PM
    Really hope this is coming soon.
    Me too, just this morning I noticed the buttons on my S1 are starting to break off from the main device.
    rookie83#CB likes this.
    01-05-11 03:08 PM
    Also hoping. A tease at CES would be amazing. I think the Playbook can hold me off until May for a Storm 3 release even. Especially on a dual core QNX device.
    01-06-11 12:10 AM
    you know what my rep said? this is serious too.

after going back and forth with a cust service rep, and threatening to leave VZW, the wench actually made both these statements. 1) The executives at VZW are very smart, as they built this huge company, it doesn't matter what you think. 2) VZW is 80 million customers strong, and doesn't care if they lose you as a customer. (not back to back, but through the conversation)

I'm dead serious, I have no reason to lie about this. I was floored, and steaming mad, and had to hang up on the biatch, before I used enough profanity to melt my phone's transceiver.

I hate VZW, but they I live in one of their major test markets with blanket 3G coverage, but I their executive were rasied in the USSR.
    01-06-11 12:30 PM
    And I also like how what I was told could not be a potential leak. I mean it did come from someone that sells the product that we are discussing.

What's the big deal?

If you come back on Jan 11th and a new BB Storm device is released, your company's rep and your belief in your rep's insider knowledge will be vindicated. The plus is that the next time you get insider knowledge and post it, you'll have a lot of defenders.

If nothing happens on Jan 11th, then your rep was wrong and you'll have to accept the fact that you're naive and willing to go to a forum, put yourself out on a limb, and post rumors.

You did mean Jan 11, 2011, right?

See you next week.
    01-06-11 02:35 PM
    Call me out that is absolutely fine. It will truely have no bearing to me whatsoever. What I put myself out on a limb with what, information that I was told. In my original post I said I am not sure how true all of this is. Isn't that what a rumored devices thread is about?? It's not like I built a customer support thread for S3's. You can hold me to the fire that is fine. My S2 placed order in Nov,that was cancelled, was told by my rep that in the coming weeks, a S3 would be out and I should wait.

01-06-11 02:58 PM
    All I can add is that contacts I have at VZW, mostly in engineering, asked a few questions of the guys who handle BB at VZW. And basically VZW knows nothing about an S3 as of about 3 weeks ago. So it aunt coming anytime soon.

01-06-11 04:37 PM
    Nothing at the RIM booth at all. Not looking good unless they are saving it for an announcement!
    01-06-11 06:41 PM
    Nothing at the RIM booth at all. Not looking good unless they are saving it for an announcement!
    So you mean they have like 5 tables, and there is just nothing on them?
    Or do you mean that they have 5 tables, and its just all PB stuff...?
    01-06-11 07:12 PM
    there are tons of PB stuff. lots of accessories like cases and other stuff like that. some phone cases too. Check the video on CB front page made by kevin i think.
    01-06-11 07:22 PM
    So you mean they have like 5 tables, and there is just nothing on them?
    Or do you mean that they have 5 tables, and its just all PB stuff...?
    Yeah, its REALLy disappointing me. A few phones on the tables, plenty of PBs, and a lot of accessories, but no NEW phones. At least not that we've been told about. I thought for sure there would be an LTE handset or two out, but nothing. Even if it was just your standard Bold or Curve with an LTE radio and not one of more talked about handsets like the touchscreen Bold or Storm series.
    01-07-11 07:26 AM
    you know what my rep said? this is serious too.

after going back and forth with a cust service rep, and threatening to leave VZW, the wench actually made both these statements. 1) The executives at VZW are very smart, as they built this huge company, it doesn't matter what you think. 2) VZW is 80 million customers strong, and doesn't care if they lose you as a customer. (not back to back, but through the conversation)

I'm dead serious, I have no reason to lie about this. I was floored, and steaming mad, and had to hang up on the biatch, before I used enough profanity to melt my phone's transceiver.

I hate VZW, but they I live in one of their major test markets with blanket 3G coverage, but I their executive were rasied in the USSR.
    What does any of this babbling have to do with Storm3? Save it for the rants forum
    01-07-11 08:05 AM
    What's the big deal?

If you come back on Jan 11th and a new BB Storm device is released, your company's rep and your belief in your rep's insider knowledge will be vindicated. The plus is that the next time you get insider knowledge and post it, you'll have a lot of defenders.

If nothing happens on Jan 11th, then your rep was wrong and you'll have to accept the fact that you're naive and willing to go to a forum, put yourself out on a limb, and post rumors.

You did mean Jan 11, 2011, right?

See you next week.
    I noticed on the verizon LTE thread a link is posted for a verizon press conference on the 11th. Could it be??

01-07-11 04:45 PM
    you mean a press conference for an iphone release? doubtful
    01-07-11 04:59 PM
    you mean a press conference for an iphone release? doubtful
    Actually, that press release will be for the iPhone.
    01-07-11 06:22 PM
    Actually, that press release will be for the iPhone.
    I would kinda expect that too... I mean Apple is all about having its own day and a huge show when it releases something new.

I mean look what they did when the Beatles were released on iTunes... it was a HUGE ordeal for something so small (or at least imo)
    01-07-11 06:29 PM
    How dare you! The Beatles are the best thing that ever happened to Apple!

01-07-11 06:32 PM
    How dare you! The Beatles are the best thing that ever happened to Apple!

If by Apple you mean Apple Corps (The Beatles' record label) then yeah.
    01-07-11 07:27 PM
    I would kinda expect that too... I mean Apple is all about having its own day and a huge show when it releases something new.

I mean look what they did when the Beatles were released on iTunes... it was a HUGE ordeal for something so small (or at least imo)
    Yes, but that was an APPLE Press release that was done by APPLE.

Apple most likely will not allow another company to announce their new products, even if it's just a CDMA iPhone.
    01-07-11 11:17 PM
    Here's a response from a rep at Verizon which I sent an email to...

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Tasha, and I am happy to assist you regarding available Blackberry devices. I can certainly understand your concern with being able to purchase a new Blackberry as Blackberry is a great device.

Unfortunately, we do not have any information on the release of a new Blackberry device. I apologize for any inconvenience this may present.

Generally, we launched 3-4 Blackberry devices a year. last year we launched 4 new Blackberry devices. Normally, there is a new device for each quarter or every other quarter. Please be assured, we have not terminated our contract with RIM as Blackberry is one of our top sellers.

01-07-11 11:17 PM

Apple most likely will not allow another company to announce their new products, even if it's just a CDMA iPhone.
    +1

10 chars

01-08-11 03:15 AM
    I'm new at BB, can anybody help?
    how we can get Enterprise Activation Password to configure E mail setup?

01-08-11 03:19 AM

So Apple will have the same keynote as last year for the iPhone 4 with the only thing new being CDMA? What is there to talk about? Steve Jobs will be a guest at the VZW iPhone event, he will not be the main speaker (VZWs COO). This isn't even Apple event worthy, this is VZW event worthy. Apple released this same device 7 months ago. They held an event (WWDC) where the iPhone 4 was the keynote. Who would attend this if it was an Apple event. There's nothing new Apple could say/do. It's the same iPhone 4 we had in the summer.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-08-11 at 10:12 AM.
    01-08-11 10:08 AM
    So Apple will have the same keynote as last year for the iPhone 4 with the only thing new being CDMA? What is there to talk about? Steve Jobs will be a guest at the VZW iPhone event, he will not be the main speaker (VZWs COO). This isn't even Apple event worthy, this is VZW event worthy. Apple released this same device 7 months ago. They held an event (WWDC) where the iPhone 4 was the keynote. Who would attend this if it was an Apple event. There's nothing new Apple could say/do. It's the same iPhone 4 we had in the summer.
    There are some changes to the outside of the devices seen (maybe an antenna fix). It is possible that they'll do some magic on the inside too like more RAM, maybe more options like one with 8GB of storage since they don't have a 3GS to sell at $99 price point. Apple will probably have a keynote near the end of January for the iPad2.
    01-08-11 10:46 AM
    There are some changes to the outside of the devices seen (maybe an antenna fix). It is possible that they'll do some magic on the inside too like more RAM, maybe more options like one with 8GB of storage since they don't have a 3GS to sell at $99 price point. Apple will probably have a keynote near the end of January for the iPad2.
    Good points.

It's possible. Apple has barred Apple store employees from taking a vacation the last week of this month and the first two weeks of next month, so they definitely have something coming out. I think it'll be the VZW iPhone 4, with the iPad 2 being announced sometime before the PlayBook gets released and then both tablets getting released within a 3 week period. Of course the iPad 2 will overshadow the slightly better (spec wise) PlayBook, though.
    01-08-11 11:10 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD