08-17-10 04:55 PM
29 12
tools
    On the other hand, it could be a win/win situation for RIM. It's no secret that RIM makes its money with selling BIS/BES additions to current mobile subscriptions and the sale on hardware/devices. Developing and maintaining an OS costs a lot of money. By implanting a BIS/BES app on Android, they have access to a current OS with all its cool features (which is good for the customers) and then they won't have to maintain their own OS and still have access to the new stuff. And more importantly, they can focus on what RIM does best: Making devices and supplying us with BIS and/or BES services.

And I would buy a RIM phone with BES functionality running on Android.
    I sent an email to our IT guy not 10 minutes ago saying that IMO "RIM will have an Android phone within three years". Interesting to hear that others would buy the same thing.
    08-17-10 04:44 PM
    I sent an email to our IT guy not 10 minutes ago saying that IMO "RIM will have an Android phone within three years". Interesting to hear that others would buy the same thing.
    That's interesting to you?
    If Android has as amazing of a keyboard as BlackBerry, and BBM, I'd switch to android in a heartbeat. BlackBerry running android would be the shiznit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 04:47 PM
    If Android has as amazing of a keyboard as BlackBerry, and BBM, I'd switch to android in a heartbeat. BlackBerry running android would be the shiznit.

Yes, yes it would be.
    08-17-10 04:50 PM

To bad rim would only put a 800mhz processor in there when the completion is upto 1.5 ghz.

08-17-10 04:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD