n4bb.com just broke news of a BLACKBERRY 10000

what might this device look like......excitement much

BlackBerry Torch 10000 Hinted by Insurer Asurion | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

BlackBerry Torch 10000 Hinted by Insurer Asurion

It has been rumored many times if we’d see RIM break into the 5 digit range. According to the insurer, Asurion, we may see a BlackBerry Torch 10000, at least that’s what shows on their help site.
    Asurion is pretty buddy buddy with the. It wouldn’t surprise us if they had special access to upcoming roadmaps. The BlackBerry Torch 10000 is shown to be available from AT&T in an advanced search dropdown So far, we’ve seen real live image of what is codenamed the BlackBerry London. This slate device looks to have a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, LTE, 8MP, and of course BlackBerry 10. Although, it is unclear if the ‘London’ will be labeled as the first 10000 BlackBerry.
    What do you think is the BlackBerry 10000? A screw up by an Asurion employee? The iPhone 5 is also listed. Sound off!

tell me what you think
    Last edited by BooGz; 12-29-11 at 09:22 AM. Reason: HTML code in article
    12-29-11 09:17 AM
    At this point its as good of a guess as anything else i've heard.
    12-29-11 09:48 AM
    With the next OS being Branded BlackBerry 10 it makes complete marketing sense to go with a 10XXX name on the next generation BlackBerry's

10 Denoting the Launch OS
    X Denoting a Brand (Curve, Bold, Torch, Pearl, Style, Awesome)
    X Denoting a Subset of the Brand , (such as 9850vs9860)
    X Denoting a technology (Which LTE, Which 3G, Which 2G available on the device)

though I'm probably over thinking it
    Bobcat665 and howarmat like this.
    12-29-11 09:53 AM
    good reasoning as always
    12-29-11 10:27 AM
    Its a terrible idea. They need to give up on the numbers and go with names. (though they apparently cant do that without getting sued lol). The number doesnt make sense in todays market, and this would differentiate the BB10 devices from previous.
    Premium1 likes this.
    12-29-11 01:03 PM
    But Every phone has a numbering system in the computer, RIM just needs to actually make the numbering system they use Mean something so that people use their numbers as the SKU, They need Brand Names but the numbers do ad value. if they are intelligently applied
    12-29-11 09:17 PM
    Wouldn't a 10,0xx series just be embarrassing?
    12-29-11 09:25 PM
    im torn withthe whole number idea for the BB10 phones. Rusett makes a good point IF they can pull it off right. but i like just saying the name of my phone short and simple
    12-30-11 04:42 PM
    The last couple of leaked codenames were Rxxx (like the R020), so I thought that was where RIM was going.

And I can't see the next Torch being an x0xx device. All other torches were x8xx devices.

But in reality, only the Curves and the Pearls have had a usually consistent naming scheme (8300 -> 9300 ->9360, 8100 ->9100)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-11 06:43 PM
    The last couple of leaked codenames were Rxxx (like the R020), so I thought that was where RIM was going.

And I can't see the next Torch being an x0xx device. All other torches were x8xx devices.

But in reality, only the Curves and the Pearls have had a usually consistent naming scheme (8300 -> 9300 ->9360, 8100 ->9100)

I'm sorry the Curve Brand name hasn't been consistent,
    8300(10,20,30) 8900, 8520(30), 9300(30,50,60,70,80)
    12-30-11 07:08 PM
    Compared to the bold (9000, 9650, 9700, 9900), it has a little bit better track record.

12-30-11 07:17 PM
    I vote for roman numerals...

BB X, no need to show different numbers for the band variations as radio technology is close to making this irrelevant anyway as single chips will be capable of almost all bands needed anyway...

PG
    01-01-12 03:45 PM
    I think referencing the numbers, while nostalgic, is not a good idea. They need a clean break from the past to be able to truly separate themselves, distance themselves from the previous failings.

There needs to be three model lines (I've said so in a different post here - http://forums.crackberry.com/general...months-683356/).

Basic / Consumer / Professional styled handsets. Names need to be suited to that userbase.

Just read that post and chime in on my thoughts.

I kind of like the Roman numerals aspect, but where I think Apple has done something extraordinary is to simply call their phone the iPhone....even though there are versions (2G, 3, 3GS, 4, 4S and so on that is coming), it is ALWAYS an iPhone, which makes it recognizable. Even the phone itself simply says 'iPhone' on the back. It unifies everything, which from a marketing and branding perspective, is genius.

You'll need to assign something internally to reference it, but it should all run the same OS with no modifications between the groups (unification). Right now, the problem is that there are so many iterations of the OS based upon the handset and then when you couple the carriers making contraints upon the various handsets, things get incredibly slow with revisions and rollouts of newer iterations of the OS...this would solve that problem.

I would simply call it a BlackBerry, no numbers, no names, just classifications. I would call the different models this way - BlackBerry for the Basic model, BlackBerry Plus for the Consumer model and BlackBerry Pro for the Professional model. Simple and efficient. Nothing more.

Why would you need numbers and names and iterations to confuse the average consumer? Use a page from a successful thought process, less is more. If you know it is a BlackBerry, the software is the more important aspect and each year a new handset rolls out with new hardware, using the same name (just a revision number behind the scenes to support it). Again, keep it simple.

Don't make it complex, people already have to thing enough in their lives to have to be dragged down with all the extras.

People want simple. Give it to them.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-19-12 11:02 AM
    I would simply call it a BlackBerry, no numbers, no names, just classifications. I would call the different models this way - BlackBerry for the Basic model, BlackBerry Plus for the Consumer model and BlackBerry Pro for the Professional model. Simple and efficient. Nothing more.
    Simple names - I like that......though I would be tempted to say "Blackberry 10" and then as newer models of the phone are released (a la iphone3, 3g, 4, 4s etc) then the name of the Blackberry could be suffixed a .X for the release. For example "Blackberry 10.1", "Blackberry 10.2" etc. Or alternatively, "Blackberry 10" and then when the newer version of the OS was released then "Blackberry 11" etc etc
    01-20-12 08:16 AM
    I like this idea, K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) concept usually works. If I can recall, I suggested 2 handsets, I would like to recant that opinion and go with the 3 handset suggestion. It makes more sense to have 3 levels of handset devices as to appeal to all walks of life. It's way to many BlackBerry handsets on the current market. I also like your suggested name versions as well.....SIMPLE,
    03-29-12 07:21 AM
    I prefer the "go-to-market" name not be "10,000"...... keep those things internal or somewhere in the "about" section of the phone.
    03-29-12 06:38 PM
    It's interesting to note what happened to naming conventions in the wild, wacky world of add-in computer graphics cards:

What did ATI do when the model numbers of their famed Radeon line of video cards started bumping against the 10xxx barrier? They started prefacing their model numbers with "X": i.e. X300, X600, X1050, etc...

A little while later, ATI's chief competitor, nVidia, also faced the same 10,xxx naming bugaboo. Their solution? They reset the naming "clock" back to a triple digit naming system: 1xx for low end and 2xx for high end, then later on there was 3xx for low end and 4xx for high end...

Just my $0.02...
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 04-04-12 at 01:33 AM.
    04-04-12 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD