My logic...

So we have:

Q5 = low end qwerty
    Q10 = Mid tier (when Aristo Arrives)
    Q15 = Highend qwerty (with buttons, lots more buttons / trackpad / dedicated end call key)

Z5 low end touch?
    Z10 = Mid tier (when Aristo arrives)
    Z15 = Aristo (high end touch)

All the Aristo is rumoured to be is a Z10 but on steroids (specs) and a bigger screen.
    I thought Blackberry was not in the spec race as it will still be running more than likely the same BB10 OS unmodified, so why not give us a Q15, high end qwerty keyboard with mega spec and control of a Bold 9900.

That there is 6 devices, what Blackberry said they will be launching this year or so, with an update for the Playbook soon.

Just some food for thought
    Last edited by mr_zed10; 07-02-13 at 03:07 AM.
    06-11-13 01:07 PM
    I'd much prefer a software implementation of the trackpad, such as Alt+swipe/Alt+tap to move and tap a cursor on the screen.

Having a hardware trackpad with the BB10 OS would get in the way of swipe gestures.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-11-13 01:10 PM
    Yeah I really don't mean to shoot ya down but no more physical buttons outside the keyboard.

Also the way I take is the Aristo is meant to specifically compete with the super smart phone behemoths and having a high end Q device doesn't fit the paradigm well so BlackBerry may leave Q10 and Q5 on their own, which makes more sense to me. More demand for high end touch screens.

~STV
    06-11-13 01:12 PM
    I quite like where your idea went
    06-11-13 01:14 PM
    Ah yes I agree when considering the Z10, but that's only solving 50% of the problem, that would work great after you have positioned the cursor, the track pad would allow one to guarantee the cursors positioning within text on a high end Qwerty model.

I find myself tapping a word, and it highlights it, other times it brings up the bubble for cursor selection, its OK when it pops up, but its usually hit and miss unfortunately.

For power users who write a lot, a software implementation just doesn't cut it, we need more control, a crash course courtesy of Blackberry.
    2cats1dog likes this.
    06-11-13 01:15 PM
    I'd much prefer a software implementation of the trackpad, such as Alt+swipe/Alt+tap to move and tap a cursor on the screen.

Having a hardware trackpad with the BB10 OS would get in the way of swipe gestures.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Absolutely! Plus the screen would be smaller or the device longer which would probably look very dodgy! The Q10 just looks so peculiarly nice without the trackpad and buttons!
    06-11-13 01:15 PM
    I like where this is going...
    I am holding out for the Q15 or high end QWERTY device, probably due next year around the anniversary date of the BB10 launch. While the Q10 would be nice, I need a bigger screen. Hopefully the highend QWERTY gets just that and more as the OP stated!
    06-11-13 09:01 PM
    I like where this is going...
    I am holding out for the Q15 or high end QWERTY device, probably due next year around the anniversary date of the BB10 launch. While the Q10 would be nice, I need a bigger screen. Hopefully the highend QWERTY gets just that and more as the OP stated!
    I guess you are holding out for a slider form factor. I'd like to see the return of the sidekick myself. I wouldn't use it, but it would be cool.
    06-11-13 09:34 PM
    I wish people would not make misleading titles for their threads on this site, this one clearly seems to imply that this is how the q15 would be when it is merely a wish for a future device, the reality is that they have moved on from the trackpad and other buttons and are not going to return to it for one device.
    06-12-13 04:07 AM
    After trying my wife's new Iphone I have realized that I can leave QWERTY behind.
    I see now where the Q10 could not be wider. It could be longer though. If the user needs those missing buttons and would happier with them ... then that is what BB should do.

Because the screen will be small anyway way BB NEEDS to provide "text reflow" for those sites that do not offer a reader mode option.

Text Reflow refers to text refitting itself onto the screen after you re-size it while using a browser. Some browsers will re-arrange text to fit the desired size you choose, while others will force you to move your window left and right in order to read (BB10 is the latter).
    06-12-13 10:28 AM
    After trying my wife's new Iphone I have realized that I can leave QWERTY behind.
    I see now where the Q10 could not be wider. It could be longer though. If the user needs those missing buttons and would happier with them ... then that is what BB should do.

Because the screen will be small anyway way BB NEEDS to provide "text reflow" for those sites that do not offer a reader mode option.

Text Reflow refers to text refitting itself onto the screen after you re-size it while using a browser. Some browsers will re-arrange text to fit the desired size you choose, while others will force you to move your window left and right in order to read (BB10 is the latter).
    The OS6 WebKit browser supported text reflow. I'm assuming these old "missing" features are eventually coming to OS10; they're just low-priority at the moment.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-12-13 10:40 AM
    The OS6 WebKit browser supported text reflow. I'm assuming these old "missing" features are eventually coming to OS10; they're just low-priority at the moment.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Given that the double tap is pretty much useless on BB10 and given that most smartphone users surf the internet and given that the Q10 has a small screen to begin with ... not a low priority? You pick up any other phone and you can easily read the text after a double tap. Major flaw IMHO.
    06-12-13 12:46 PM