I was under the impression that the Magnum and/or the Dakota were not going to be slider devices (speculation of course)...looks like I was wrong. I really am not a fan of the slider form. I would be so happy with a phone like my 9700...except if it were touch screen, as well. Am I alone here in not liking the slider?
    03-09-10 06:21 PM
    I was under the impression that the Magnum and/or the Dakota were not going to be slider devices (speculation of course)...looks like I was wrong. I really am not a fan of the slider form. I would be so happy with a phone like my 9700...except if it were touch screen, as well. Am I alone here in not liking the slider?
    full size screen
    real keyboard

it's the only one i do want.

best of both worlds.

someday i expect they'll add a touchscreen so it has both.
    03-09-10 07:32 PM
    I worry about the actual slider because of the moving parts. More that can go wrong! I can picture the threads now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 07:38 PM
    Dakota is not the slider. Talladega aka Mr. T is the slider.
    03-09-10 08:01 PM
    But people seem to think that the dakota/magnum concept led to the slider and that the dakota concept will be left on the pre production concept cutting room floor. All rumor mill of course.

03-11-10 07:38 AM
    Dakota is the 9000 with a touch screen.
    03-15-10 08:19 PM
    i agree with the slider hate as well. I've had sliders and i just don't like them , plus it adds to the bulkyness of a phone which BB is already pushing the limit on in my opinion anyways.
    03-16-10 09:20 AM
    down with sliders!!
    03-16-10 07:05 PM
    Lol only sliders I like are those lil burgers that I get @ my local bar

03-16-10 07:07 PM
    The Magnum/Dakota concept probably isn't gone, simply pushed back by a carrier wanting a slider before that and having the order numbers to convince them too.
    03-17-10 05:26 AM
    can't wait for a slider... it's the only way to have both a LARGE screen and a PHYSICAL keyboard... unless you want a friggin tablet sized device... i welcome the slider with open arms... I hope it comes soon so I can ditch android...
    03-17-10 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD