12-07-13 10:01 AM
35 12
tools
    so guys, is it just me, or is the charging port on its side ridiculously annoying?! you can't use the phone w/ it plugged. as specially if its a spring type cord.
    BUT, i do have it beat!! the Nokia 928 has the port on TOP!! WHAT?? yes.. on top.. so dumb!
    11-22-13 11:31 AM
    I use my phone plugged in occasionally, however, I never have an issue with hand placement (right handed).
    anon(5624621) and Otech#CB like this.
    11-22-13 11:33 AM
    I use my Z10 and now Z30 plugged in all the time. Maybe bottom would be slightly better, but I imagine it would be in the way if the internals for speaker & mic. Maybe bottom corner could work.

Any bottom port would mean you couldn't use device standing in portrait mode while plugged in, like with it propped up by Transform or Flip cases.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    11-22-13 11:40 AM
    Well most people are right handed so It makes sense to have it on the left, but lefties are left out.. haha

Where would you have them put the slot to open the back casing, there's no room in the top and it would look odd on the sides

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:53 AM
    I dunno, I don't mind it being on the side.

Come to think of it, it is more likely I would be using it in landscape mode, watching a video or something, if I have it plugged in, rather than being on a call.
    11-22-13 11:53 AM
    The side port works great for bedside mode on my Z10 when using the charging dock... oh wait :-)

Actually, it is pretty sweat as a bedside clock when using the dock, I don't understand why BlackBerry never released it to the public regardless of "waiting until the OS fully supports landscape."

That said, I find it less convenient than a bottom port when using a mobile charger or even just a USB cable, and if the Q's port is also on the side, that's just weird as there is no landscape for a square display.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:08 PM
    The side port never really bothered me, although putting charging contacts on the bottom would be sweet.

Posted via CB10
    nothingworks likes this.
    11-22-13 02:54 PM
    I don't care where the port is. My Samsung note plugs into the bottom and I don't find it any better than my z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:10 PM
    I think it is only really a problem if you have the device plugged in and you're trying to hold the device in your left hand. I for one would not like to see the USB port on the bottom because I put my phone in a stand every night so I can see the clock in bedside mode. If the USB. Port was on the bottom I wouldn't be able to do that.

Sent from my Q10
    11-22-13 10:27 PM
    I think it is only really a problem if you have the device plugged in and you're trying to hold the device in your left hand. I for one would not like to see the USB port on the bottom because I put my phone in a stand every night so I can see the clock in bedside mode. If the USB. Port was on the bottom I wouldn't be able to do that.

Sent from my Q10
    I hold it plugged in with my left hand no problem.

It would be easier to hold if the cord was longer, but that doesn't have anything to do with where the port is. I would perhaps like the USB port to not be right beside the HDMI port as I'm always trying to stick it in the wrong hole and usually upside down. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:10 PM
    so guys, is it just me, or is the charging port on its side ridiculously annoying?! you can't use the phone w/ it plugged. as specially if its a spring type cord.
    BUT, i do have it beat!! the Nokia 928 has the port on TOP!! WHAT?? yes.. on top.. so dumb!
    I don't think it's so dumb to have it on the top.
    I normally need to use my phone when it's charging in the car, sitting in the cup holder, and ideally, I would prefer it to be on the top.
    11-22-13 11:19 PM
    :survey says:
    Its just you.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:25 PM
    None of you guys obviously haven't tried to watch a movie on your device while charging, with your own hands.
    11-23-13 12:35 AM
    I like the side better. It's easier to use and hold while charging

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:38 AM
    None of you guys obviously haven't tried to watch a movie on your device while charging, with your own hands.
    I have. I prefer it being on the side as it's less awkward in landscape mode.

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    11-23-13 12:41 AM
    Charging on the bottom would allow for the charging cradles we used to love on OS7 devices to make a comeback. I prefer my cradles in landscape mode.
    11-23-13 12:42 AM
    I prefer the side. I use bedside mode all the time with the charging dock.

CB10'n it via da Z
    russworman likes this.
    11-23-13 12:44 AM
    It's more annoying on the bottom to be honest. And I'm pretty comfortable using it while it's charging. On top is even worse though lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:45 AM
    I had a Droid Razr Maxx with the USB on the bottom and I did not care for it. I prefer the side placement.
    11-23-13 12:45 AM
    The side port never really bothered me, although putting charging contacts on the bottom would be sweet.

Posted via CB10
    You read my mind!! I miss charging contacts soo badly on my playbook and 9900 please BlackBerry listen to us and bring them back i will instantly buy the next phone that has them included!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    Just Me and strongo like this.
    11-23-13 09:27 AM
    One thing to bear in mind, the antenna tends to be at the bottom of the device so putting the usb port there would have a potentially negative impact on antenna performance for negligible benefit if any.

Personally, I like the usb port being on the side as I am more likely to use it plugged in when watching a video and then having the port on the side actually works better.
    11-23-13 06:43 PM
    There's reasons for plugs on any side:

On bottom: if you do calls.
    On side: if you use a landscape dock.
    On top: if you use it sitting on desk.

Maybe putting sockets on each side would be the perfect thing to do...

Posted from my Z10/10.2.1.1055.
    11-23-13 09:59 PM
    I am left handed but actually use my right hand when I am doing the one hand operation. Just noticed that I am typing with my left hand now though. Not sure if anyone really cares so I will stop this post now

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    11-23-13 10:03 PM
    You read my mind!! I miss charging contacts soo badly on my playbook and 9900 please BlackBerry listen to us and bring them back i will instantly buy the next phone that has them included!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    Oh changing contacts how I miss you. Don't mind the current USB port location.

Need some pow.
    11-23-13 10:53 PM
    I don't mind the USB port on the side but now that I think about it, the bottom would probably be better.
    11-23-13 11:01 PM
35 12