02-18-15 08:23 AM
134 ... 23456
tools
    Either one of those wireless charging models support all of the bands required to fully work on AT&T?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Maybe the SQC100-2. SQC100-3/5 is definitely the Verizon model.

ShopBlackBerry model is therefore the SQC100-4 (i.e. no wireless charging).
    ikalinin likes this.
    11-14-14 11:17 AM
    A new touch device
    Must be an upgrade of z30

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:27 AM
    Wow, a camera-free model? They are really pulling out all the stops with this one for the three letter agency folks.
    11-14-14 11:29 AM
    Smartwatch with blend included ?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:01 PM
    Smartwatch with blend included ?

Posted via CB10
    Better yet - a pager with Blend. It would be the ultimate companion device!
    11-14-14 12:27 PM
    Wow, a camera-free model? They are really pulling out all the stops with this one for the three letter agency folks.
    It's the only way to get them off BBOS. Some places won't allow a camera on a phone even if it can be disabled. It has to come from the factory with no camera.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:36 PM
    Either one of those wireless charging models support all of the bands required to fully work on AT&T?
    Yeah, most likely that SQC100-2. The 'LTE 700' is probably band 17. But that's not the one for sale through SBB. It looks like SBB US is selling the -4, while the European storefront is selling the -1.

@thurask, thanks. I really wish BB would switch to band numbers for LTE. 'LTE 700' doesn't tell us whether it's band 13 or band 17, or both in the phone. Thanks to SBB (never thought I'd say that,) we know it's both. But it's odd that the -1 docs are all over the FCC, while the -4 seems to have been mentioned in passing (i.e. no bands tested.) Maybe the paperwork will turn up in the next few days.

Edit: I wonder if the -2 truly lacks UMTS 1700, or is it a RFF91LW/RFK121LW type of a situation again?
    Last edited by raino; 11-14-14 at 03:09 PM.
    11-14-14 12:40 PM
    Well this is interesting for sure!
    11-14-14 02:25 PM
    Maybe the SQC100-2. SQC100-3/5 is definitely the Verizon model.

ShopBlackBerry model is therefore the SQC100-4 (i.e. no wireless charging).
    How do you go about getting a specific model? There's no way to choose which one? Or is there a retailer that normally would allow you to pick?? I wonder if there would be a way to pick when it comes out in December?

11-14-14 04:15 PM
    98% chance but AGAIN it's odd. It's different. It's not exactly a standard FCC listing for a smartphone that BlackBerry normally puts out.
    If you ever had to fill out those forms, it's easy to get confused and at some point you say "f it, this is good enough ". If a different engineer did the application, I can see how little things would be different.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:26 PM
    How do you go about getting a specific model? There's no way to choose which one? Or is there a retailer that normally would allow you to pick?? I wonder if there would be a way to pick when it comes out in December?

I believe in this case you'd have to buy it from AT&T, assuming they get off their butts and sell the thing.
    11-14-14 04:50 PM
    I believe in this case you'd have to buy it from AT&T, assuming they get off their butts and sell the thing.
    Ah, yes, wait for AT&T... They still don't have the Passport, lol. maybe they'll surprise us all and have both come December, lol. Wishful thinking I know...

11-14-14 05:40 PM
    Ah, yes, wait for AT&T... They still don't have the Passport, lol. maybe they'll surprise us all and have both come December, lol. Wishful thinking I know.
    The Classic that SBB is selling should work on AT&T's networks just as well as the one AT&T would release, and it is more compatible with TMO and other North American GSM networks. But the AT&T model, if it's designed as laid out above, has wireless charging and better non-American compatibility (American as in the two continents of N. and S. America.)
    11-14-14 05:54 PM
    The Classic that SBB is selling should work on AT&T's networks just as well as the one AT&T would release, and it is more compatible with TMO and other North American GSM networks. But the AT&T model, if it's designed as laid out above, has wireless charging and better non-American compatibility (American as in the two continents of N. and S. America.)
    Well, that's the entire point, I want the wireless charging.

11-14-14 06:47 PM
    No US Cellular version, how sad. It looks like I am going to have to switch to Verizon given that I almost became a wall hugger at a conference. Well at least my company's Verizon rep will be happy, but it will still not stop the Verizon guys, if I end up going to another conference, from pocking fun at the only blackberry having person that they have meet in years.
    11-14-14 07:55 PM
    new RHE150LW MODEL ON FCC NOW

L6ARHE150LW by BlackBerry Limited for Smartphone (L6A-RHE150LW, L6A RHE150LW)

SQC100-2 MODEL #
    raino likes this.
    11-17-14 11:43 AM
    That should make the AT&T people happy.

Is it just me or the does the company subcontracted to do the testing kinda suck? The old ones used to at least list the non-US radio bands that are present in these phones.
    11-17-14 12:47 PM
    That should make the AT&T people happy.

Is it just me or the does the company subcontracted to do the testing kinda suck? The old ones used to at least list the non-US radio bands that are present in these phones.
    Testing docs on FCC are from Foxconn's people, I believe.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:56 PM
    Hold on guys. Unless I'm missing something...

What if this is, in fact, the classic? Not the one that's being released in December though. What if it's the classic that's going to be released for other carriers like Verizon and sprint?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-17-14 08:22 PM
    Testing docs on FCC are from Foxconn's people, I believe.
    That would make sense, given the Taiwan address listed for the testers.

I remember the Verizon Z30 was tested by some German firm. They had a checklist for all bands present, with the US ones marked off. That was quite nice.

Soo it looks like AT&T might get the Classic before the Passport (if at all they get the latter...)
    11-17-14 08:31 PM
    That would make sense, given the Taiwan address listed for the testers.

I remember the Verizon Z30 was tested by some German firm. They had a checklist for all bands present, with the US ones marked off. That was quite nice.

Soo it looks like AT&T might get the Classic before the Passport (if at all they get the latter...)
    Imagine if AT&T surprises everyone and releases the Classic along with the launch date in December... Hey, one can dream right? lol.

11-17-14 08:59 PM
    SQc100-4 hits fcc

http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2443559#axzz3JLQlxXNq

One and only knight of the round table belonging to the Peevishlicious Crew- SirJes
    11-18-14 10:09 AM
    SQc100-4 hits fcc

http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2443559#axzz3JLQlxXNq

One and only knight of the round table belonging to the Peevishlicious Crew- SirJes
    Hats off to you, SirJes.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:42 AM
    Man you guys are quick. I just got the emails from them less than 10 minutes ago.
    11-18-14 12:01 PM
    Man you guys are quick. I just got the emails from them less than 10 minutes ago.
    How do you sign up for email updates? I'm on the site not and looking for blackberry doesn't bring up anything.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-18-14 03:37 PM
134 ... 23456