96 ... 234
tools
    Which two?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    3 and 4
    Karben likes this.
    09-07-14 06:25 PM
    3 and 4
    No. The Z3 exists already, and is a 3G device. The Z20 has been announced and appears to be the LTE version of the Z3 with a few enhanced specs.

09-07-14 09:53 PM
    Attachment 296358

Find it in last BlackBerry OS leak... Size 1440x600
    It's for the Passport. Don't get ahead of yourself

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 01:05 AM
    3 and 4
    Haha ! Can't stop laughing.
    09-08-14 03:31 AM
    Haha ! Can't stop laughing.
    He has no idea what he's talking about.

09-08-14 06:26 AM
    I think the Classic and the Passport are the last "test" for BB for the physical keyboard smartphones. If they don't gain any traction, it will be clear the this segment of the market is pretty much dead.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-08-14 07:07 AM
    I think the Classic and the Passport are the last "test" for BB for the physical keyboard smartphones. If they don't gain any traction, it will be clear the this segment of the market is pretty much dead.
    I hope they are successful. If they aren't there will be further ramifications beyond just realizing that the physical keyboard is dead. The market won't look kindly at the failure of those phones. It will seriously hurt BlackBerry stock price and there will a loss of confidence in BlackBerry to rebuild.

I don't see the Passport being successful. It's form factor is only going to appeal to a very small segment. The Classic on the hand looks to me like it could gain some traction.

09-08-14 03:51 PM
    Product Development Teams don't sit idol, there is something new in the works beyond the Passport or Classic. However, this doesn't mean we will see these new devices, they can be axed at any time.

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Kitchener (Canada)
    09-08-14 04:26 PM
    It's going to be interesting to see how many that voted for a new "All Touch" BlackBerry change their mind and "accept" the Passport. LOL. I mentioned the pending Z3 LTE to someone and they started cursing. Not that serious.....well, not right now.

Posted from my Q10 on 10.3.0.1052
    For the amount of money BlackBerry is probably going to charge for the Passport, ie. $700+, people will not have to compromise or accept anything except what they want. You can buy pretty much any smartphone on the market for that price!

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    Karben, menshawy and MarsupilamiX like this.
    09-08-14 05:08 PM
    For the amount of money BlackBerry is probably going to charge for the Passport, ie. $700+, people will not have to compromise or accept anything except what they want. You can buy pretty much any smartphone on the market for that price!

I think that is going to be a major hurdle for Passport and Classic. For that matter it will be a hurdle for all future BlackBerry devices. If they insist on charging $650-$700 for their devices people are going to expect the same specs and gadgets as on the other leading devices. BlackBerry either needs to up the specs or reduce the price. They can't charge the same price while offering lower specs. Only BlackBerry faithful will buy their devices under those terms.

09-08-14 09:54 PM
    I think that is going to be a major hurdle for Passport and Classic. For that matter it will be a hurdle for all future BlackBerry devices. If they insist on charging $650-$700 for their devices people are going to expect the same specs and gadgets as on the other leading devices. BlackBerry either needs to up the specs or reduce the price. They can't charge the same price while offering lower specs. Only BlackBerry faithful will buy their devices under those terms.

Totally agree with you. BlackBerry have to be more realistic. The thing is, if people have the money to buy an iPhone they will do it and not buy another device. And especially not a BlackBerry one. That's it. Maybe it's unfair, but that's today market's reality.
    WE know how good and awesome could be the BB devices. But to others this is a dead brand that make old and crap devices. So will they spend iPhone 6 money to buy a BB ? No. Will us ? Yes. Personnaly, not for the Passport. I want a 2014 device. You know a full touch one with solid specs inside.
    menshawy likes this.
    09-09-14 03:00 AM
    Totally agree with you. BlackBerry have to be more realistic. The thing is, if people have the money to buy an iPhone they will do it and not buy another device. And especially not a BlackBerry one. That's it. Maybe it's unfair, but that's today market's reality.
    WE know how good and awesome could be the BB devices. But to others this is a dead brand that make old and crap devices. So will they spend iPhone 6 money to buy a BB ? No. Will us ? Yes. Personnaly, not for the Passport. I want a 2014 device. You know a full touch one with solid specs inside.
    I'm not sure where you live, but this is certainly not the case in the UK and most of Europe. Samsung, HTC, Sony and Nokia are all considered valid alternatives to an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:31 AM
    I'm not sure where you live, but this is certainly not the case in the UK and most of Europe. Samsung, HTC, Sony and Nokia are all considered valid alternatives to an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but they are all less expensive than an iPhone. And still doesn't change the fact that they will buy an Android or iOS flagship. And not a BB at the same price tag.
    09-09-14 05:25 AM
    Yes, but they are all less expensive than an iPhone. And still doesn't change the fact that they will buy an Android or iOS flagship. And not a BB at the same price tag.
    No, they are pretty much the same price.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Any phone is a valid alternative depending on what the user is looking for. I'm only saying that BlackBerry needs to consider price carefully if they are going to continue to use specs that don't compete with other devices in the same price range.

Karben likes this.
    09-09-14 08:54 AM
    Having just watched the Apple announcement of the iPhone 6, 6+, and Apple Watch, I think competitors' marketing a high end all-touch device will no longer be enough. Just as the software side has become decided by software app ecosystems, the hardware side is becoming dominated by hardware ecosystems.

"What, no Apple Pay?" and "Is this compatible with the Apple Watch?" types of questions. This means that any company that wants to charge Apple prices has to bring access to hardware and software ecosystems just to be competitive on an apples to apples comparison, so to speak. Even producing an iPhone quality device at iPhone prices is tough, especially given Apple's carrier relationships that lower the cash the customer has to pay.

Karben likes this.
    09-09-14 07:18 PM
    It's called the Z30, check it out.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:42 AM
    I may consider a Passport but it really has to wow me. Still want all touch at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on my carrier(at&t). If I have to buy directly from BlackBerry- just to get one, then my mind will be made up very quickly to either wait or go with something else.

Posted on my Z10 on 10.0.3.1152 OS
    09-10-14 03:41 PM
    In a real bind - want an all touch BB and can't find a damn thing through Verizon. As noted earlier, some business accounts might be able to find a Z30 through VZW, but thus far my attempts have crapped out. Unless a store has one in inventory, you are SOL. BB sells it on their site - $499 for retail is stupid money. VZW was giving them away for a while until they were gone. Z10 is two steps back.

Was hoping to see something dazzling from BB, and really bummed there is absolutely no product to meet this demand (I can't be the only one). Not a fan of the other available products, want all touch BB and want something that works well and is not phablet sized. Where is Chen's head? Bummed.
    Karben likes this.
    09-18-14 10:23 AM
    Having just watched the Apple announcement of the iPhone 6, 6+, and Apple Watch, I think competitors' marketing a high end all-touch device will no longer be enough. Just as the software side has become decided by software app ecosystems, the hardware side is becoming dominated by hardware ecosystems.

"What, no Apple Pay?" and "Is this compatible with the Apple Watch?" types of questions. This means that any company that wants to charge Apple prices has to bring access to hardware and software ecosystems just to be competitive on an apples to apples comparison, so to speak. Even producing an iPhone quality device at iPhone prices is tough, especially given Apple's carrier relationships that lower the cash the customer has to pay.

Ecosystem and apps are definitely of prime importance. Android runtime on BlackBerry is just a stopgap measure. I wish BlackBerry would realize that. Especially with Google applying pressure to developers to require their apps to have Google Play Services to run properly.

eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-18-14 12:16 PM
    In a real bind - want an all touch BB and can't find a damn thing through Verizon. As noted earlier, some business accounts might be able to find a Z30 through VZW, but thus far my attempts have crapped out. Unless a store has one in inventory, you are SOL. BB sells it on their site - $499 for retail is stupid money. VZW was giving them away for a while until they were gone. Z10 is two steps back.

Was hoping to see something dazzling from BB, and really bummed there is absolutely no product to meet this demand (I can't be the only one). Not a fan of the other available products, want all touch BB and want something that works well and is not phablet sized. Where is Chen's head? Bummed.
    Nope, you aren't alone !
    09-18-14 04:20 PM
96 ... 234