09-18-14 05:20 PM
96 1234
tools
    They don't have the resources to update both the QWERTY and All Touch Lines, so for now that are going with what the "feel" will be the most successful. But I really wish they had a Z10 replacement for Enterprise to be looking at when BES12 comes on line.
    I think that it is more than about resources, they need the market to be there as they cannot afford huge amounts of device write-downs again.

Despite it being a larger device, the z3 lte will be intended as the z10 replacement for Enterprise, if they up the screen to 720p then they would probably phase out the z30 too and on the qwerty side of things the classic is not a high-end product either and they probably expect to phase out q5 and q10 once it turns up. Besides those more mass-market offerings you have the passport and the niche porsche design devices, so a much more streamlined portfolio for them to build from.
    07-12-14 02:25 PM
    Unfortunately, end of 2015 will be far too late. BlackBerry can't afford to wait that long to release another high end touch device.
    You say that, but who is the actual market for a high-end all touch device from BB, businesses do not tend to buy their employees more expensive models when there are cheaper ones that do what they need and for those in charge of the buying decisions that want something nicer for themselves there is the passport.

A high end touch device is a me too device that will not convert people from their existing android etc. device, the passport stands a better chance in that area because it at least offers people something different.
    07-12-14 02:29 PM
    You say that, but who is the actual market for a high-end all touch device from BB, businesses do not tend to buy their employees more expensive models when there are cheaper ones that do what they need and for those in charge of the buying decisions that want something nicer for themselves there is the passport.

A high end touch device is a me too device that will not convert people from their existing android etc. device, the passport stands a better chance in that area because it at least offers people something different.
    The Passport will not be the Blackberry that gets people from Android to Blackberry that is a Fact.
    johnm137, eyesopen1111 and BKA22 like this.
    07-12-14 06:32 PM
    The Passport will not be the Blackberry that gets people from Android to Blackberry that is a Fact.
    Unless there are some Android and Apple ex BlackBerry users who switched and still miss their keyboard experience....

With the correct marketing showing that Android apps are supported, that could win some of those millions of lost customers...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:29 PM
    Unless there are some Android and Apple ex BlackBerry users who switched and still miss their keyboard experience....

With the correct marketing showing that Android apps are supported, that could win some of those millions of lost customers...

Posted via CB10
    There aren't many backwards people in this world though, there are some but not loads.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:28 AM
    I'm due for update in November. Classic and Passport just not doing it for me. Z10 is now getting very old

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 06:35 PM
    There have been a number of articles mentioning the release and possible specifications of the Manitoba that have come *after* the Z3 was released. My interpretation is that Z3 is the low budget option and the Manitoba will be a bit more of a high end device, for business and consumer sue.

[Edit: Nuts. Just read Bla1ze's comments. I still think it would be in BB's best interest to release a new slab phone early next year, with improved camera and a few other upgrades to keep them current with the competition.]

Pretty sure the Manitoba is just the Z3. Ontario is the Z30 successor. I would discount this article completely. Anyone can say anything, and this article is proof.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tim Heard; 07-14-14 at 03:57 PM.
    07-14-14 03:29 PM
    I'm due for update in November. Classic and Passport just not doing it for me. Z10 is now getting very old

Posted via CB10
    They're not doing it for me either. I've a Q10. I prefer a qwerty keyboard. What am I supposed to upgrade to? A full touch?

A Classic, to me, seems to be a step backwards. A Passport, well, I'm not a fan of larger phones and then learning an entirely new keyboard? Then to top it all off, reading through this thread and others like it, no one seems to really know what the next full touch is, should I go that route. So I'll repeat my question, what's my option for a Q10 upgrade? Anybody know?

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.2.1.3247
    07-14-14 07:40 PM
    They're not doing it for me either. I've a Q10. I prefer a qwerty keyboard. What am I supposed to upgrade to? A full touch?

A Classic, to me, seems to be a step backwards. A Passport, well, I'm not a fan of larger phones and then learning an entirely new keyboard? Then to top it all off, reading through this thread and others like it, no one seems to really know what the next full touch is, should I go that route. So I'll repeat my question, what's my option for a Q10 upgrade? Anybody know?

There isn't one. Closest thing would be the Classic, but if your don't like that there isn't anything else that has been announced or even rumored.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-14-14 10:30 PM
    I'm not sure you need to use the toolbelt to make it function, properly. I thought we could still use the swipe gestures

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:21 AM
    Well, we'll see. I guess some just need training wheels.

07-15-14 11:50 AM
    i just wish they would have a blackberry for everyone

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    07-18-14 08:29 PM
    By the time BlackBerry gets round to replacing the Z10 most Z10 users will have moved on.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 04:18 PM
    By the time BlackBerry gets round to replacing the Z10 most Z10 users will have moved on.

Posted via CB10
    It's sure looking that way. All except the real die hard BlackBerry faithful, that is.

The numbers are clear. The vast majority want all touch but Chen and BlackBerry don't seem to be getting that message. They're all about the keyboards.

07-21-14 12:25 AM
    They are all about maintaining their enterprise business customers. That means it's critical first for them to get the legacy customers upgraded to newer devices. ... That's what the Classic is about.
    The understand completely that lots of business users love slab phones now. They have made it clear that they are still going to be producing slab phones.
    You all are acting as if BlackBerry has abandoned this form factor completely, and there's no evidence at all to suggest that this is the case.

It's sure looking that way. All except the real die hard BlackBerry faithful, that is.

The numbers are clear. The vast majority want all touch but Chen and BlackBerry don't seem to be getting that message. They're all about the keyboards.

07-21-14 10:33 AM
    They are all about maintaining their enterprise business customers. That means it's critical first for them to get the legacy customers upgraded to newer devices. ... That's what the Classic is about.
    The understand completely that lots of business users love slab phones now. They have made it clear that they are still going to be producing slab phones.
    You all are acting as if BlackBerry has abandoned this form factor completely, and there's no evidence at all to suggest that this is the case.
    I'm acting as if they aren't coming out with a touch device soon enough to keep the vast majority of people from considering other platforms. If their plan is to release the next flagship touch in late 2015, they might as well be abandoning the form factor completely.

07-21-14 02:53 PM
    To my knowledge, there's been no communication from BlackBerry regarding upcoming devices, with the exception of the Classic and the Passport.
    Since development of a new slab phone is far less complex than the development of either of those devices, and they already have a good start with the Z30, I don't know why people are thinking that it will be late 2015 before another slab is released. Granted, there's network testing that has to be done for service providers, but the more complex issues related to creating entirely new devices don't apply. You take what;s good about the Passport, give it an upgraded processor, improve the camera, possibly with both hardware and firmware improvements, and there you have it. Bob's your uncle. :-)

I'm acting as if they aren't coming out with a touch device soon enough to keep the vast majority of people from considering other platforms. If their plan is to release the next flagship touch in late 2015, they might as well be abandoning the form factor completely.

07-21-14 03:09 PM
    To my knowledge, there's been no communication from BlackBerry regarding upcoming devices, with the exception of the Classic and the Passport.
    Since development of a new slab phone is far less complex than the development of either of those devices, and they already have a good start with the Z30, I don't know why people are thinking that it will be late 2015 before another slab is released. Granted, there's network testing that has to be done for service providers, but the more complex issues related to creating entirely new devices don't apply. You take what;s good about the Passport, give it an upgraded processor, improve the camera, possibly with both hardware and firmware improvements, and there you have it. Bob's your uncle. :-)
    I hope you're right.

07-21-14 03:15 PM
    Me too. I generally am, except on those rare occasions when I'm not. :-)

I hope you're right.

07-21-14 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am a happy z10 user and will upgrade to Passport when it's available. It looks like passport will be the best of both world. It has a big touch screen and only 3 rows of qwerty.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 05:58 AM
    I am a happy z10 user and will upgrade to Passport when it's available. It looks like passport will be the best of both world. It has a big touch screen and only 3 rows of qwerty.

Posted via CB10
    I'm happy with my Z10 too. Unfortunately, it's starting to show its age. Restarts are more frequent and it is lagging at times with certain things. Right now it's okay, but by summer of 2015 when my contract is up I'll be wanting a new high end device. The low spec Z3 LTE won't do for me.

07-28-14 02:05 PM
    I'm not sure why the Z3 LTE is being discussed when the full touch high-end flagship is still clearly the Z30. If anything that's the full touch that will carry them through the rest of 2014; the Z3 LTE is the budget version. Perhaps it can be seen as the Z10 replacement, but few would want to downgrade their phones.. if you're upgrading get the Z30. An Octacore processor won't make BB10 run any better. 10.3 will.

I'm hoping 2015 will see the Z30's successor but I'm perplexed by people's dismissal of the device when it's not hardware that's holding BlackBerry back but software. It makes no sense to me to "threaten" to leave BlackBerry because you don't have a souped-up version of a Z30 when what you really should be clamoring for is 10.3 being a massive upgrade. A higher DP or faster processor won't improve the phone at all.
    07-28-14 02:43 PM
    I'm not sure why the Z3 LTE is being discussed when the full touch high-end flagship is still clearly the Z30. If anything that's the full touch that will carry them through the rest of 2014; the Z3 LTE is the budget version. Perhaps it can be seen as the Z10 replacement, but few would want to downgrade their phones.. if you're upgrading get the Z30. An Octacore processor won't make BB10 run any better. 10.3 will.

I'm hoping 2015 will see the Z30's successor but I'm perplexed by people's dismissal of the device when it's not hardware that's holding BlackBerry back but software. It makes no sense to me to "threaten" to leave BlackBerry because you don't have a souped-up version of a Z30 when what you really should be clamoring for is 10.3 being a massive upgrade. A higher DP or faster processor won't improve the phone at all.
    I don't think the Z3 LTE is being discussed as a replacement for the Z30. It has been suggested it will be a replacement of the Z10, but considering the rumored specs I don't even think it is an upgrade to the Z10.

07-28-14 06:19 PM
    I'm happy with my Z10 too. Unfortunately, it's starting to show its age. Restarts are more frequent and it is lagging at times with certain things. Right now it's okay, but by summer of 2015 when my contract is up I'll be wanting a new high end device. The low spec Z3 LTE won't do for me.

Great. I wonder why your z10 is getting slower though. Mine is as fast as ever.

However, I don't think you need to worry as BlackBerry should have a higher end all touch device by 2015. Before that, I would take passport as an alternative and perhaps I may stay in that form factor, too.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 09:25 PM
    Great. I wonder why your z10 is getting slower though. Mine is as fast as ever.

However, I don't think you need to worry as BlackBerry should have a higher end all touch device by 2015. Before that, I would take passport as an alternative and perhaps I may stay in that form factor, too.

Posted via CB10
    They should or they might?

07-29-14 09:51 AM
96 1234