08-11-14 02:56 AM
62 123
tools
    06-29-14 07:22 PM
    Thanks. Don't know how I could have missed that. I read at least 5 news sources everyday.

I'll look forward to reading that.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    06-29-14 07:27 PM
    Actually, that is my mind set. Sort of:

I do totally understand what you're saying. And you have a point regarding the slippery slope. And I don't think that your concern is unjustified at all.

I guess my personal view is that I'm willing to give up a bit of person freedom and privacy IF it means that the government is better able to detect and prevent terrorism. But, my willingness to allow government snooping only extents to national security, not other things

So for example, in Canada the government is currently debating a bill that would allow ISPs to give my Internet data to private businesses for the purposes of determining if I'm using torrents to download Captain America. This company could then sue me for copyright violation. That's not acceptable. Copyright violation isn't a matter of national security. In fact isn't even a criminal offense and they should not have access to my private data for the purposes of pursuing a tort claim in civil court.

The same bill would allow Police, and ANY "public Officer" such as a mayor, to get my internet usage, without a warrant, do investigate domestic offenses. Again not acceptable in my view. National security and terrorism only.

So I agree with you on the slippery slope. I was ok with them snooping after 9/11 for terrorism reason, but now that's being extended to other things and that I'm not okay with at all.

Just my personal view, about the amount of freedom I'm willing to give up. And I totally understand that will be different for each person and I can respect that.

Ah, well that's all nice and dandy if the freedoms my ancestors( and yours) died for are MEH! But if u get bused for copyright violations and have to pay some cash it's not ok...umm, no sir.

We fought hard for the freedoms we have and always will have to fight for them.

Don't be so cavalier about it, we're selling our souls by the installment plan, and when we do, you won't like it

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."

Thomas Jefferson.

Lovingly created by my Z30
    06-30-14 09:48 PM
    Ah, well that's all nice and dandy if the freedoms my ancestors( and yours) died for are MEH! But if u get bused for copyright violations and have to pay some cash it's not ok...umm, no sir.

We fought hard for the freedoms we have and always will have to fight for them.

Don't be so cavalier about it, we're selling our souls by the installment plan, and when we do, you won't like it

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."

Thomas Jefferson.

Lovingly created by my Z30
    Well that's the amount of freedom I'm willing to exchange for safety. It's personal to each person. I'm not suggesting that everyone should be willing to do the same as me.

06-30-14 10:03 PM
    Funny thing is, all the NSA would have to do is hack the server in the middle...
    Silent Circle doesn't have the long term record of Blackberry's security...

They can try and lock down Android as much as they want, however due to it being open source and loosely coded, there will always be a way into it...
    This also goes along with it's popularity (i.e. Windows)

So basically with a Blackphone, it's a so called "secure" version of Android that's still subject to operator error causing loss of privacy, and you'll be paying $10 a month for a data proxy (presumably not hacked) to route your calls through that are only end-to-end encrypted with another Blackphone...

No thanks... The security is an illusion
    07-03-14 12:40 PM
    How much you wana bet it gets hacked on the first day due to the fact that it's still android....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    And its already done. Lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-10-14 10:43 AM
    Do you predict stocks also? Good call.

Posted via CB10 on the great Z30
    08-10-14 10:47 AM
    And it got hacked at defcon in 5 minutes. No such thing as unbackable phone

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-10-14 12:50 PM
    LOL. Hacked in 5 minutes. To everyone who said BlackBerry should ditch QNX and go to Android, you don't build your house on sand.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Q10Bold, menshawy and theRock1975 like this.
    08-10-14 01:29 PM
    It's unhackable! Lol :-D

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    08-11-14 12:36 AM
    Blackberry is the only unhackable platform. Anything else can be easily hacked.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 01:40 AM
    This thread has been given a lot of latitude, but neither political (or religious) stances nor conspiracy theories have a place here, unless directly related to smartphones.

We don't have any trouble finding enough to debate without bringing politics or religion into it.

As Blackphone is already covered elsewhere, this conversation is concluded.
    08-11-14 02:56 AM
62 123