since we are seeing the 9000 series blackberries right now what will be the next level?????

10,000????
    that just wont seem right...

i have seen this happen with other types of devices like video cards.
    radeon 9000 series went up to the X200 series i believe and then started moving up in 10's and 100's

what do you think the next series labeling scheme will be for blackberries?
    04-24-10 12:49 AM
    I was thinking the same thing with the X. A Blackberry X130 has a sweet ring I think...
    04-24-10 01:22 AM
    At the same time, maybe they should look at setting different levels of phones, like they have now, and just update that yearly. Look at BMW. There are different series (1,3,5,7,8) with a corresponding level luxury. So the Bold series phones could be the Blackberry One. They could do the generations as an exponent. So next year's Bold, aka the One, would be the One^2.
    04-24-10 01:27 AM
    At the same time, maybe they should look at setting different levels of phones, like they have now, and just update that yearly. Look at BMW. There are different series (1,3,5,7,8) with a corresponding level luxury. So the Bold series phones could be the Blackberry One. They could do the generations as an exponent. So next year's Bold, aka the One, would be the One^2.
    i like that idea....
    although i think the bold is the top of the line right?
    so it would be the level 8 series. maybe next year they would come out with
    the BB812 (blackberry bold 8 series 2012),
    the BT712 (blackberry Tour 7 series 2012),
    the BC312 (blackberry Curve 3 series 2012), and
    the BP112 (blackberry pearl 1 series 2012)

or they could all be BB--- or X--- ???
    i dono...
    04-24-10 01:47 AM
    Given that they seem keen to push the brand idea then one option for a numbering system would seem to be prefixing new models with either b, c, p or s depending on whether a device was a bold, curve, pearl or storm, assuming they want to skip a 000 model then the first bold model after 10k would be the bold b100 for example.
    04-24-10 03:39 AM
    Moto-ish model numbering, no thanks. Nokia style? No thanks either.
    04-24-10 06:26 AM
    Moto-ish model numbering, no thanks. Nokia style? No thanks either.
    i definitly like the nubmer scheme they have now, but we are running out of numbers
    04-24-10 12:12 PM
    Well. As long as they don't start making up ridiculous names a-la-Samsung, we'll be okay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 08:30 PM
    The way I see it is that they will drop model numbers, maybe have some only for internal use, but for the public a series name followed by generation; Storm, Storm2, Bold, Bold2, et cetera. That seems like the current trend, though there'll be a few challenges: given that the Tour2 will in fact be a Bold, then a naming scheme like the one I mentioned won't work for both CDMA and GSM devices. Otherwise a Bold3 would be the CDMA Bold 9650, this can confuse consumers, because it necessarily isn't technically better than the GSM Bold 9700 (aka Bold2) as it's a device for a completely different audience. Also, there are many Curve models out there, so it will be hard for them to adapt what I suggested; Curve8 or Curve9 anyone?

They might just as well introduce new series and future devices will only carry a name. Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm, Tour... what next? Edge, Ruby, Magnum, Sailor? Could be anything.
    04-25-10 05:04 AM
    The way I see it is that they will drop model numbers, maybe have some only for internal use, but for the public a series name followed by generation; Storm, Storm2, Bold, Bold2, et cetera. That seems like the current trend, though there'll be a few challenges: given that the Tour2 will in fact be a Bold, then a naming scheme like the one I mentioned won't work for both CDMA and GSM devices. Otherwise a Bold3 would be the CDMA Bold 9650, this can confuse consumers, because it necessarily isn't technically better than the GSM Bold 9700 (aka Bold2) as it's a device for a completely different audience. Also, there are many Curve models out there, so it will be hard for them to adapt what I suggested; Curve8 or Curve9 anyone?

They might just as well introduce new series and future devices will only carry a name. Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm, Tour... what next? Edge, Ruby, Magnum, Sailor? Could be anything.
    red, blue, yellow, green, gold, silver....
    this is starting to sound like pokemon...
    04-25-10 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD