Just learned that BlackBerry is working with Boeing on a new self-destructing phone that will be aimed at government Clients. Sounds like a good idea Any thought?
    12-22-14 08:18 AM
    Where'd you hear this?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:20 AM
    It's an Android device

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-22-14 09:48 AM
    It's an Android device

Are they working on the phone, as a cooperative project? I don't think so, it was rather about tightly integrating it into BES12 afaik. Please correct... :-)

  Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....  
    12-23-14 01:27 AM
    It's an Android device

So it can be rooted ;-)

12-23-14 01:28 AM
    Are they working on the phone, as a cooperative project? I don't think so, it was rather about tightly integrating it into BES12 afaik. Please correct... :-)

Not many details known. A few sites claim it's to integrate it with bes12. All that is actually known is they are working together, it is an Android device, and bes12 is a factor.
    I wouldnt be comfortable drawing any extra conclusions until more is known lol

12-23-14 08:05 PM
    Not many details known. A few sites claim it's to integrate it with bes12. All that is actually known is they are working together, it is an Android device, and bes12 is a factor.
    I wouldnt be comfortable drawing any extra conclusions until more is known lol

Actually pretty much all 'relevant to a normal user' info is known. Not exactly something you'll be picking up at Best Buy. The thing has been in the works for two years now.

Boeing: Boeing Black Smartphone / http://crackberry.com/boeing-and-bla...ing-smartphone
    12-24-14 02:47 AM
    Actually pretty much all 'relevant to a normal user' info is known. Not exactly something you'll be picking up at Best Buy. The thing has been in the works for two years now.

Boeing: Boeing Black Smartphone / http://crackberry.com/boeing-and-bla...ing-smartphone
    I already know that. I was referring to the more technical aspects like just how much much influence will blackberry be able to wield.
    I also know enough to not make any definitive statements until something is officially announced hence why my comment was erring on the side of caution.
    I already suspected this is a phone that you won't see in shops.

12-24-14 06:10 PM
    Yeah...all that's really known is that it's built for governments and scary secret organizations. BlackBerry's involvement does indeed appear to involve BES12. It doesn't so much self-destruct as one would think but it hard-wipes all stored data and bricks the phone if someone attempts to take the back cover off. I'm sure it has software-level security that does much the same. The specs aren't really too much to speak of but I'm sure the users of said phone aren't into photographing their food for Instagram.
    This is definitely not a phone that will be available at your local Best Buy.
    12-28-14 12:46 AM