BlackBerry Could Roll Out A Smartphone Featuring Samsung?s Exynos SoC

FWIW. But then if I recall correctly the Priv was also originally rumoured to be Samsung based but ended up with a Snapdragon 808.
    11-23-15 01:48 PM
    Stick to the source, their version of the 'events' are slightly better - Is BlackBerry testing Samsung’s Exynos 7420 chipset in its devices? - SamMobile
    11-23-15 01:55 PM
    Hmmm... that makes no sense. An Exynos STV100-1?
    11-23-15 01:58 PM
    Hmmm... that makes no sense. An Exynos STV100-1?

It makes perfect sense.. especially when testing AND when you consider that it's likely not 'the next device'. What doesn't make sense is how wccftech managed to mangle the original story so much lol.
    11-23-15 02:04 PM
    Well I'm fairly sure that's not the Vienna...
    11-23-15 02:08 PM
    If it was Vienna it would be SQV, if BlackBerry is still following their naming conventions.
    11-23-15 02:09 PM
    Well I'm fairly sure that's not the Vienna...
    Right, so here's the options:

- It was a testing device
    - It is a testing device.
    - It's entirely bunk and someone just messed around.

There's nothing here to get hyped up over as of yet. BlackBerry using Exynos rumors are as old as the day is long now.
    11-23-15 02:18 PM
    Right, so here's the options:

- It was a testing device
    - It is a testing device.
    - It's entirely bunk and someone just messed around.

There's nothing here to get hyped up over as of yet. BlackBerry using Exynos rumors are as old as the day is long now.
    Similar to how we saw a couple of Passports running Lollipop under different codenames before the Priv was announced?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-23-15 02:51 PM
    I know BlackBerry was experimenting with alternate platforms on BB10 (including Exynos), but I thought they were so much in bed with Qualcomm that they could use it as an excuse to drop BB10.
    11-23-15 04:12 PM
    I saw this explanation over at /r/blackberry:

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/c...hipset/cxadys1 via Reddit in Motion

Perfectly possible, just some dude with an S6 trying to get the Priv apps.
    11-23-15 05:16 PM
    11-24-15 11:08 AM
    Why are all the news blogs picking this up so much. It's also in the official stock news. Can BlackBerry PR department please comment, it would be nice if they can do a fact check.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 01:38 PM
    I, too have read several written stories about if from some reputable sources. Not saying I believe everything I read but it was also reported that it would feature a 5mp front facing camera, and the sources even stated that it was not too far off as far as releasing it. If there is any truth to this I am just going to hold off on the Priv since Verizon did not give any official release date and see what might or might not come out of this
    11-28-15 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry users shouldn't complain about not having enough apps or play store because I got BlackBerry Priv and 100% android and I feel lost. Where is true BlackBerry? It is like Samsung kidnap BlackBerry! I'm very disappointed that I can't feel Priv true BlackBerry at all. Everyone needs to stop begging play store apps otherwise buy other device than BlackBerry because BlackBerry is classic and unique with BlackBerry World app and limit as long as it's bold and solid. Priv is totally strange to me. Beside that it's nice and big just like Samsung. I can't explain but best if u see for yourself
    01-02-16 08:48 AM
    Perhaps BB should merge into Renault Samsung

Obviously BB being the low quality brand it would remain Renault Samsung
    01-23-16 08:25 PM