05-22-19 12:15 AM
240 ... 78910
tools
    Hmm. It doesn't seem like a good strategy to announce a new color for last year's phone while showing a glimpse of the next gen phone coming soon.
    I dont think what they did all these while seems like a good idea to many of us
    I too was kind of waiting for key3 to buy soon...but maybe it seems I should be happy with silver key2 or maybe red, if it looks good

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-23-19 02:08 AM
    I'm pretty sure it will be a limited release red Key2. I don't think that there will even be a mention of a Key3. But don't worry, it's still coming. Just much later than most would like.
    02-23-19 08:18 AM
    I dont think what they did all these while seems like a good idea to many of us
    I too was kind of waiting for key3 to buy soon...but maybe it seems I should be happy with silver key2 or maybe red, if it looks good

Posted via CB10
    Me too. My K1 is 18 months old and I want to replace it at the 2 year mark. I hope K3 is available then. It's been my pattern to skip every other device generation.
    02-23-19 08:49 AM
    It's going to be extreeeeeeeemely hard for me to resist buying one if the entire frame is red like the Atomic LE!
    the_boon likes this.
    02-23-19 09:13 AM
    It's going to be extreeeeeeeemely hard for me to resist buying one if the entire frame is red like the Atomic LE!
    Why am I not surprised?
    02-23-19 02:26 PM
    Why am I not surprised?
    You gotta admit... a completely tricked out Atomic KEY2 would be a killer looker! And if they somehow made the keyboard red as well to match? Fuhgetaboudit!

Actually, atomic frame around a black keyboard would still work for me... now I'm excited for MWC!

And if there's a spec bump (pure wishful thinking on my part) then BBMo can take my money now!!!
    02-23-19 05:48 PM
    And Blackberrymobile shows this on their Insta .... Red Door mhmm.
    Rumors of the KEY3?-screenshot_20190224-110952.jpeg
    02-24-19 04:12 AM
    And Blackberrymobile shows this on their Insta .... Red Door mhmm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190224-110952.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	443145
    Yup! Saw that. It's pretty obvious...
    02-24-19 10:04 AM
    Ok i am a fan of pkb, and I have the Key2 from day one.

But wanting 800€ for the red edition in 2019 is ridiculous. Sorry.....that more than a brand new Galaxy S10e.
    02-24-19 10:40 AM

But wanting 800€ for the red edition in 2019 is ridiculous. Sorry.....that more than a brand new Galaxy S10e.
    Absolutely lame...if it at least shipped with Android P....

What customers are they listening to exactly???
    Ultra Male likes this.
    02-24-19 10:45 AM
    Absolutely lame...if it at least shipped with Android P....

What customers are they listening to exactly???
    I mean you can not do this. I am dreading the reviews....
    02-24-19 10:51 AM
    I mean you can not do this. I am dreading the reviews....
    Fake news...
    hplovecraft likes this.
    02-24-19 11:03 AM
    Fake news...
    Hahaha yes ... Covfefe
    02-24-19 11:04 AM

It's also a much more interesting phone for many of us than the Samsung. A phone is more than its parts and specs.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-24-19 11:59 AM
    It's also a much more interesting phone for many of us than the Samsung. A phone is more than its parts and specs.

OMG - Yes we all here know that. And because of that I spent 750€ when the Key2 came out. I knew i am part of a ninch market and for me it gave/gives me more value than a Sammy at that time, ok.

Its 2019 nothing has really changed on the phone - Can you (at least) try to understand that it is a dangerous thing (in terms of media coverage etc) to release a phone like that with that prize tag?

Your argument that it is a more interesting phone is also true for the much cheaper Key2 le. So you have to ask yourself why 800€?

And your answer 'well you dont have to buy it' is not a justification nore interesting. The same argument holds true if theyd say 1Mrd€, get it.
    02-24-19 12:05 PM
    I don't understand the hand-wringing in the price of the Red KEY2. BBMo now has almost two years of sales data from the KEY phones, and their analysts are able to estimate a pretty accurate demand curve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand_curve for this phone from that data.

They have chosen a price point to generate a certain amount of revenue for a given sales volume. That's their job. Our job as consumers is to either but the phone or not.

Obviously they would sell a higher volumes at a lower price, but that's just as obviously not their goal. People who want to compare specs for a given price are not in BlackBerry Mobile's target demographics. They want to sell a highly differentiated niche phone for a premium. Either that appeals to you or it doesn't in this case.

02-24-19 12:23 PM
    You gotta admit... a completely tricked out Atomic KEY2 would be a killer looker! And if they somehow made the keyboard red as well to match? Fuhgetaboudit!

Actually, atomic frame around a black keyboard would still work for me... now I'm excited for MWC!

And if there's a spec bump (pure wishful thinking on my part) then BBMo can take my money now!!!
    Now that it’s out, what say you?
    02-24-19 01:02 PM
    OMG - Yes we all here know that. And because of that I spent 750€ when the Key2 came out. I knew i am part of a ninch market and for me it gave/gives me more value than a Sammy at that time, ok.

Its 2019 nothing has really changed on the phone - Can you (at least) try to understand that it is a dangerous thing (in terms of media coverage etc) to release a phone like that with that prize tag?

Your argument that it is a more interesting phone is also true for the much cheaper Key2 le. So you have to ask yourself why 800€?

And your answer 'well you dont have to buy it' is not a justification nore interesting. The same argument holds true if theyd say 1Mrd€, get it.
    Why did you spend 750€ ? Which Key2 did you get? I though it was 650€ at intro?
    02-24-19 01:04 PM

The media coverage may just be why it’s done. BBMo/TCL isn’t dripping with cash to generate meaningful advertising on per device unit basis. No such thing as bad PR nowadays, just ask my President about that.....
    02-24-19 01:07 PM
    Why did you spend 750€ ? Which Key2 did you get? I though it was 650€ at intro?
    Was it 650€? I forgot - then the price of the red is even worse ;-)
    02-24-19 01:10 PM
    Was it 650€? I forgot - then the price of the red is even worse ;-)
    See... you’ve got money to burn, as the rich always do... I know, that how the rich accumulate their wealth...... When you quietly purchase the RED, come back and give us the review.......

Serious, I’m sure this is more about creating a limited edition run with the buzz it generates..... It does harken back to better days.....
    02-24-19 01:15 PM
    See... you’ve got money to burn, as the rich always do... I know, that how the rich accumulate their wealth...... When you quietly purchase the RED, come back and give us the review.......

Serious, I’m sure this is more about creating a limited edition run with the buzz it generates..... It does harken back to better days.....
    Hahaha yes I ligthen my Cigars with Benjamis, dont you?!

Seriously:
    Just hope this release is creating the right media buzz - thats all.
    02-24-19 01:21 PM
    Hahaha yes I ligthen my Cigars with Benjamis, dont you?!

Seriously:
    Just hope this release is creating the right media buzz - thats all.
    When I make it rain, I can only afford $1 bills.... Then I ask for change back....
    02-24-19 01:23 PM
    When I make it rain, I can only afford $1 bills.... Then I ask for change back....
    Your the KING of table dance bars in your area i see ;-)
    02-24-19 01:25 PM
    Your the KING of table dance bars in your area i see ;-)
    Tampa, FL baby, the Las Vegas of Lap Dances......

Where I’ll show off the new Key3 once it’s offered through AT&T from BBMo so as to keep thread on topic...
    hplovecraft likes this.
    02-24-19 01:27 PM
240 ... 78910