what if this guy is kicked out and is joining apple? just a wild guess....
    Like the head of BB10 Kernel development did?
    02-15-19 05:59 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Or you can go for the KEY2 LE
    Thanks I looked into it when it came out...keyboard too small and product did not feel premium to me compared with product I have been using. My Day One passport... I want an upgrade....in every way, to my existing phone...

Mostly, I like a bigger screen (better for seeing text without my reading glasses) and a better pkb.....cost not a factor.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 02-15-19 at 11:03 AM.
    02-15-19 08:37 AM
    His Twitter account would most likely reflect the same...
    02-15-19 11:47 AM
    I think moving to a slightly lower product cycle can continue to have a positive effect on the upgrades from existing clients, they are the "stickiest" in terms of loyalty.

If they do something like launch the Key 3 in the later part of 2019 they can than grab a decent chunk of the BlackBerry Key 1 users who might be looking at an upgrade , BlackBerry 10 and BBOS users who's support will end soon and so forth.

People are holding onto their phones longer than they used to so it makes sense to try and capture the upgrade cycle with the lowest costs possible.

Hopefully whatever they launch is a very good device, no quality control issues, well priced and some unique features BlackBerry Android could bring to the Pie OS.

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100%.
    And hopefully they get the Key3 perfect, so we aren't all looking forward to the Key4 the day the Key3 is launched.

If they get the Key3 right, then they can do a longer product cycle.

If the key2 was better in terms of camera and spacebar, I wouldn't give a ratz for the new Key3

Come on BBMo, when and if you launch the Key3, get it right.

Then all you need to do after is launch the Key5 whenever 5g is ready.
    02-15-19 01:07 PM
    Agree 100%.
    And hopefully they get the Key3 perfect, so we aren't all looking forward to the Key4 the day the Key3 is launched.

If they get the Key3 right, then they can do a longer product cycle.

If the key2 was better in terms of camera and spacebar, I wouldn't give a ratz for the new Key3

Come on BBMo, when and if you launch the Key3, get it right.

Then all you need to do after is launch the Key5 whenever 5g is ready.
    To get the KEY3's spacebar right, all they need to do is copy the same exact assembly design from KEYone/LE.

Doesn't seem too hard now does it?

Bonus: Make the keyboard unibody like the Priv so not only does it eliminate any chance of a key getting loose, but we could also get an IP rating!
    02-15-19 02:37 PM
    I would think a new trim option(s) for the Key2 and possibly pre-loaded with Pie and few other tweaks to sweeten the deal?

No real need for a Key3. But if you look at what the Key2 is capable of, its in dire need of a refresh (Keyone Black Edition style) to justify its existence given its being outperformed (and outsupported) by its half price cousin the LE.
    02-15-19 05:10 PM
    I would think a new trim option(s) for the Key2 and possibly pre-loaded with Pie and few other tweaks to sweeten the deal?

No real need for a Key3. But if you look at what the Key2 is capable of, its in dire need of a refresh (Keyone Black Edition style) to justify its existence given its being outperformed (and outsupported) by its half price cousin the LE.
    Yeah with an updated launcher that doesn't have the app drawer icon!
    02-15-19 05:34 PM
    Look at Instagram user @taausz

Their post was published on BlackBerry Mobile official Instagram account.

What the heck is that???
    02-15-19 07:19 PM
    Lego phone
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-15-19 07:56 PM

I agree with this. Don't need a Key3. Just have Key 2 S or (insert color) edition with a better camera setup and improved build quality. Oh and it must be based on the 128gb mem 6gb ram edition. And to top it off introduce it with android Pie.
    phuoc likes this.
    02-19-19 12:14 AM
    You know what? Judging by today's IG post and story that might not be too far from reality...

A new company called 13 Twelve? Business Partner?
    Today 11:08 AM
    Yup...looks like he left the company to start a new business...so there is zero K3 related take from all recent IG posts it seems:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnatha...alSubdomain=uk
    Today 02:27 PM
    The Keys are done? Say it ain't so :-(
    Today 08:19 PM
    The Keys are done? Say it ain't so :-(
    I so hope that is not the case. I guess we'll know more next week.
    Today 08:37 PM
189 ... 678