03-08-19 09:35 AM
236 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Now look at his story from today...mmm...13! Whatever that means!!?!
    It says, "Unlucky for some.." hmm. Maybe there is going to be some kind of an announcement on Feb. 13th. Just speculating...
    By the way, there was a code name discovered for a BlackBerry device. Adula. As stated in the article, it isn't clear which licensee would be making this.
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ad...otted-dtek-app
    02-08-19 12:41 PM
    If your contact has a business card (most people do bring them to events like the ones you describe) have you tried using your camera to scan them in? It is an unheralded feature that is a big help in business settings if you want to add contacts in a hurry. With the camera open choose mode and then "scanner". While holding a business card it will flash "business card". Take the photo and then to the right it will show up the option of ocr. It will scan the info and drop it in contacts. I always do a quick proof read of the entry. If a business card has information that is highly stylized and/or has tiny print, that will occasionally cause typos. But generally, it beats having to manually enter the information.
    Perhaps you already know about this but I am also describing it for others who might be reading the thread.
    Yes, it's a great feature. Unfortunately, AT&T left it out of their version of the KEYone!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-08-19 01:17 PM
    Yes, it's a great feature. Unfortunately, AT&T left it out of their version of the KEYone!

Wow, shame on AT&T! Would an unlocked KEYone be an option? - - or unlocked KEYone and a change of carriers to T-Mobile? (If you have good coverage where you are).
    02-08-19 01:36 PM
    The gold one like they have in Vietnam ??

https://thegioiblackberry.com.vn/bla...-vang-24k.html
    My Vietnamese wife would love this phone.
    02-08-19 01:56 PM
    Wow, shame on AT&T! Would an unlocked KEYone be an option? - - or unlocked KEYone and a change of carriers to T-Mobile? (If you have good coverage where you are).
    Nah. It's not worth switching carriers for that feature for me. My KEYone isn't even my primary phone.

02-08-19 02:44 PM
    Now look at his story from today...mmm...13! Whatever that means!!?!
    If he refers to Friday 13th, the next one is in September. So let's hope it's indeed a date but not linked to a Friday.
    02-08-19 06:57 PM
    So what do we jump to next? My wife is a Samsung fanatic and has mandated our kids use them. I do like all things Korean (except the octopus on the stick thingy)
    02-09-19 12:47 PM
    Love Korean bbq, Samsung not so much.
    RK_BB and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-09-19 12:53 PM
    So what do we jump to next? My wife is a Samsung fanatic and has mandated our kids use them. I do like all things Korean (except the octopus on the stick thingy)
    Hang on a second, your wife, presumably a female (one have to be careful these days....), presumably in the US (given the time of this post), does NOT have an iPhone?

If that so my friend, you are 10 steps ahead of the gang! Not sure anyone here can give you a sound advice!

Hope the humor is acceptable. Mod, shut me down if it isn't!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-09-19 01:00 PM
    Hang on a second, your wife, presumably a female (one have to be careful these days....), presumably in the US (given the time of this post), does NOT have an iPhone?

If that so my friend, you are 10 steps ahead of the gang! Not sure anyone here can give you a sound advice!

LOL. My wife (female and American) demanded that I trade her my Z10 for her iPhone 4 years ago, saying that the Z10 did everything she wanted and nothing she didn't. She checks Facebook twice a week from her PC at home now and loves that all her friends on iPhones can no longer see that she's available in iMessage!

I've been trying to get her to look at new phones for over a year, and she says she'll look when her Z10 stops working. LOL

She never downloaded an App from the Apple store and didn't even know BlackBerry World existed until I mentioned it.

02-09-19 01:06 PM

LOL. My wife (female and American) demanded that I trade her my Z10 for her iPhone 4 years ago, saying that the Z10 did everything she wanted and nothing she didn't. She checks Facebook twice a week from her PC at home now and loves that all her friends on iPhones can no longer see that she's available in iMessage!

I've been trying to get her to look at new phones for over a year, and she says she'll look when her Z10 stops working. LOL

She never downloaded an App from the Apple store and didn't even know BlackBerry World existed until I mentioned it.

@Bob80220 we have a lot to learn here. A lot!
    02-09-19 01:10 PM

Yes female and US citizen. I used to hand her down my BB's when I upgraded. The last one she had was a Pearl until she lost it in a river under suspicious circumstances. Next day she came back from the ATT store with an S something and made a point to show me a "modern" phone. She's had S somethings ever since.

IPhone? No. No apple anything allowed on the property.
    02-09-19 01:16 PM
    @Bob80220 we have a lot to learn here. A lot!
    It's far too late for me to learn anything @RK_BB... especially when it comes to women/wives. I've only had 2 brands of cellular phones since 1987... Nokia and BlackBerry. I've had more wives than that and 6 children from 3 different birth mothers. Most of my former wives and children are living in the US and South America.

I rest my case... hahaha

Bob
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-09-19 01:22 PM
    It's far too late for me to learn anything @RK_BB... especially when it comes to women/wives. I've only had 2 brands of cellular phones since 1987... Nokia and BlackBerry. I've had more wives than that and 6 children from 3 different birth mothers. Most of my former wives and children are living in the US and South America.

I rest my case... hahaha

Bob
    Senior Pablo?!?!?!? Are you involved in this?!?!

......The last one she had was a Pearl until she lost it in a river under suspicious circumstances.....
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-09-19 01:23 PM

I rest my case... hahaha

Bob
    Damm, you beat me. 3 women and only 5 kids. I suppose I could up the total but I had the plumbing stopped up
    02-09-19 01:33 PM
    Damm, you beat me. 3 women and only 5 kids. I suppose I could up the total but I had the plumbing stopped up
    I have been put out to pasture as well... 😁

Bob
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-09-19 01:44 PM
    I have been put out to pasture as well...

Bob
    Yeah so when I went in to get it done the doctor started off on this monolog about it being a very serious decision and if I carefully considered the finality...

I held up my hand "Dude, I got 5 kids by 3 different women. Where's your scissors?"
    Bob80220 and RK_BB like this.
    02-09-19 02:45 PM
    Yeah so when I went in to get it done the doctor started off on this monolog about it being a very serious decision and if I carefully considered the finality...

I held up my hand "Dude, I got 5 kids by 3 different women. Where's your scissors?"
    I am undoubtedly very fortunate that I wasn't gelded along the way by one of my formers...

Bob
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-09-19 03:29 PM
    Wow, Blackberry KEY2 RED soon to be released in Europe
    02-10-19 03:30 AM
    Wow, Blackberry KEY2 RED soon to be released in Europe
    Wow, really? Where did you find that?
    02-10-19 10:02 AM
    https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/bl...mpression=true
    02-10-19 10:55 AM
    I think he's trying to get the thread back on the rails. He's new here and might not understand how we operate.

Welcome @John Tomasson1 !
    02-10-19 12:13 PM
    Awesome... Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!
    02-10-19 02:03 PM
    Yes female and US citizen. I used to hand her down my BB's when I upgraded. The last one she had was a Pearl until she lost it in a river under suspicious circumstances. Next day she came back from the ATT store with an S something and made a point to show me a "modern" phone. She's had S somethings ever since.
    I never get these men who give their gf/wife their old crap when they upgrade for a newer phone or whatever themselves. What's not "good enough" for ME (for whatever reason) is and should never be "good enough" for my gal. That's how I roll. Even if she'd say she's not interested in a newer model or if you think she'd not be interested in a newer model with more capabilities (e.g. better cam), there's a big chance she'd be interested in it, if you'd only take the time to learn her how to make the best use of it. She's just being polite. If she's the younger and social type, she probably would even be ashamed to take out her beat-up BlackBerry phone (you "generously" gave her) out of her purse to make a public call. Quite frankly, I'd feel ashamed if I'd give my spouse my old piece of ****, but then again, she's young, articulate and certainly not the submissive one on the relationship and would probably whoop my *** for solely asking her if she likes to have my rejected beat-up cell phone while getting a new top of the bill phone for myself.
    Tim-ANC and Sigewif like this.
    02-10-19 02:42 PM
    I never get these men who give their gf/wife their old crap when they upgrade for a newer phone or whatever themselves. What's not "good enough" for ME (for whatever reason) is and should never be "good enough" for my gal. That's how I roll. Even if she'd say she's not interested in a newer model or if you think she'd not be interested in a newer model with more capabilities (e.g. better cam), there's a big chance she'd be interested in it, if you'd only take the time to learn her how to make the best use of it. She's just being polite. If she's the younger and social type, she probably would even be ashamed to take out her beat-up BlackBerry phone (you "generously" gave her) out of her purse to make a public call. Quite frankly, I'd feel ashamed if I'd give my spouse my old piece of ****, but then again, she's young, articulate and certainly not the submissive one on the relationship and would probably whoop my *** for solely asking her if she likes to have my rejected beat-up cell phone while getting a new top of the bill phone for myself.
    I get you. Here's better context: We're genX so at the time I was passing on my BB's (circa 2006) they were expensive and superior to the flip phone she had. In fact she was always prompting me to upgrade so she could get my current device. As soon as smart phones became ubiquitous, she moved to Samsung.
    02-10-19 03:04 PM
236 ... 45678 ...