05-22-19 12:15 AM
240 12345 ...
tools
  1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hey Bla1ze, any rumours of new pkb phones???? Key three or other new models? Thanks!!....

Posted via CB10
    farmwersteve likes this.
    01-07-19 04:36 PM
    Hey Bla1ze, any rumours of new pkb phones???? Key three or other new models? Thanks!!....

Posted via CB10
    Stay tuned...

He will post up the news whenever said news are available
    01-08-19 09:46 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile isn’t concerned about wowing BB10 users. It’s concerned with satisfying current and prospective BBAndroid PKB users already long moved on from BB10 since. BB10 was never commercially successful and therefore doesn’t make sense as target demographic. Targeting former BBOS users from 2000’s and the base of Android/IOS users preferring the PKB feature is much larger and far more used to non-BB10 features.
    Even then, mature BBOS had a lot of features that were great that Android still lacks... BB10 actually simply tried to bring those over and actually didn't successfully do it for everything. Obviously Android has stuff BBOS didn't have, but it would be nice to combine the best of both... One can dream right?
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    01-30-19 06:01 PM
    Looks like a Motion with a keyboard and a notch added, with a Key2 back and Key2 camera rotated 90 degrees on the back.
    Why anyone would want part of their screen to be cut out is totally beyond me. Why are there people actually ok with the notch? I would never buy any phone with a damn notch... I don't care if the screen is a few millimeters smaller, no distorted edges and no missing part of the picture for me...
    01-30-19 06:05 PM
    The Alcatel 5V has a notch, came out in the summer, a Blackberry release a year later of that tech seems plausible
    That "tech" as if missing a part of your screen is some kind of desired "feature"... *rolls eyes*
    01-30-19 06:06 PM
    Yes, and always include our Developers and BB10 Development Mode in your discussions; I like their input and do appreciate my tweaked Q10 with Google Play Store, getting WhatsApp updates and Android UX. Cheers!
    01-30-19 06:33 PM
    all I want in the next phone is basically the key two minus the stupid capacitive keys and a camera with OIS that's on par with the OLD pixel 2. that's all.
    Michael_Stewart and the_boon like this.
    02-01-19 03:33 AM
    Even then, mature BBOS had a lot of features that were great that Android still lacks... BB10 actually simply tried to bring those over and actually didn't successfully do it for everything. Obviously Android has stuff BBOS didn't have, but it would be nice to combine the best of both... One can dream right?
    BBOS was great for it's time and BB10 never evolved to reach that greatness relative to other mobile OS for it’s time. I find BBAndroid incorporates much of the best of both. The biggest issue to more BB Features is making changes to Android that Android users don’t want or care about.
    RK_BB and Jake2826 like this.
    02-01-19 05:23 AM
    The biggest issue to more BB Features is making changes to Android that Android users don’t want or care about.
    Bang on!
    raylenn likes this.
    02-01-19 05:25 AM
    BBOS was great for it's time and BB10 never evolved to reach that greatness relative to other mobile OS for it’s time. I find BBAndroid incorporates much of the best of both. The biggest issue to more BB Features is making changes to Android that Android users don’t want or care about.
    Personally.... I wish TCL had released a PKB Palm phone with Android One on it. Or better Samsung released a secure phone with a PKB.

I think the "cost" of BlackBerry's touches is too high...
    02-01-19 08:49 AM
    Personally.... I wish TCL had released a PKB Palm phone with Android One on it. Or better Samsung released a secure phone with a PKB.

Pricing strategy has gone too "high", BlackBerry still lives in 2007 bubble.
    phuoc and dkholenz like this.
    02-01-19 05:00 PM

BlackBerry owns all the rights to the physical keyboard that most want to use which is why you aren't seeing Samsung doing anything with a PKB.

I think BlackBerry will eventually sell those patents to a Samsung and within the next 5 years we will see a galaxy device with a physical keyboard on it. I'm perfectly happy with the KEY series and am excited to see what they drop next.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-02-19 09:17 AM
    IMO BB10 >BBOS>Android high volume business communication essentials in 2019, each by a wide margin.

I just spent three days at a conference with only my KEYone, staying in touch with about 500 prospects and customers, setting up, attending, and following up on more than thirty meetings with an average of four attendees per meeting, with constant use of my phone for email, text, calendar and contacts. This is the first time I've ever tried to do this without a BBID or BB10 phone, and I can say, categorically, that for this set of tasks, when it comes to the basics of managing email, creating and managing calendar events, and and managing contacts at high velocity, the KEYone running the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite was TRULY HORRIFIC, ON A LEVEL I WOULD NEVER HAVE SUSPECTED.

The crap integration between apps meant that I often had to add a contact BEFORE I could invite them to a meeting or send an email or text, instead of being able to add a new contact from within the email or calendar invitation. For a busy networker working in real time, it was awful. This situation was even worse when it came to SMS, where the text app is completely separate from the Hub.

The one thing my KEYone did well was that its battery never dropped below 20% no matter how hard I worked it over a sixteen hour day.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-02-19 09:45 AM
    IMO BB10 >BBOS>Android high volume business communication essentials in 2019, each by a wide margin.

I just spent three days at a conference with only my KEYone, staying in touch with about 500 prospects and customers, setting up, attending, and following up on more than thirty meetings with an average of four attendees per meeting, with constant use of my phone for email, text, calendar and contacts. This is the first time I've ever tried to do this without a BBID or BB10 phone, and I can say, categorically, that for this set of tasks, when it comes to the basics of managing email, creating and managing calendar events, and and managing contacts at high velocity, the KEYone running the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite was TRULY HORRIFIC, ON A LEVEL I WOULD NEVER HAVE SUSPECTED.

The crap integration between apps meant that I often had to add a contact BEFORE I could invite them to a meeting or send an email or text, instead of being able to add a new contact from within the email or calendar invitation. For a busy networker working in real time, it was awful. This situation was even worse when it came to SMS, where the text app is completely separate from the Hub.

The one thing my KEYone did well was that its battery never dropped below 20% no matter how hard I worked it over a sixteen hour day.

Perhaps you could explain in some detail what your difficulties are and post them to the BBAndroid forum. BB employees seem to monitor comments about the Hub to some degree.

Another alternative is to talk to your colleagues to understand how they organize their phones for heavy business use.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-02-19 10:46 AM
    Wider screen, good camera, and a trackerpad/tracking button neatly embedded in a pkb will be nice
    phuoc likes this.
    02-02-19 11:21 AM
    Perhaps you could explain in some detail what your difficulties are and post them to the BBAndroid forum. BB employees seem to monitor comments about the Hub to some degree.

Another alternative is to talk to your colleagues to understand how they organize their phones for heavy business use.
    I am preparing a detailed post with screen shots for a the Hub forum.

But I'm not hopeful. I don't see anyone in the current mobile space trying to improve the core functionality for business users. Unfortunately, there's no money in it, since the majority of phones are bought by consumers. Back when companies spent billions of dollars a year on mobile they determined the requirements for phones. Now consumers do, and the number of buyers who wish to work the way I do on their phones is smaller than the number who want a PKB! LOL

As for asking colleagues for advice, the only people I know who have as high expectations as I do for using their phone for hundreds of formal business communications a day with an email-based workflow are on these forums already.
    Eric Morin and Jake2826 like this.
    02-02-19 12:34 PM

I'm curious why you were trying to juggle so much with just a phone?..
    Regardless which is better (BB10/BBOS/BBAndroid), it would have been more efficient managing all of this on a laptop....
    02-02-19 10:57 PM
    BlackBerry owns all the rights to the physical keyboard that most want to use which is why you aren't seeing Samsung doing anything with a PKB.

I think BlackBerry will eventually sell those patents to a Samsung and within the next 5 years we will see a galaxy device with a physical keyboard on it. I'm perfectly happy with the KEY series and am excited to see what they drop next.
    BlackBerry owns patents on their physical keyboard but not all physical keyboards. OEM's were releasing new QWERTY keyboard phones up until a few years ago, lack of sales is likely why they stopped (which also holds true for BlackBerry). Samsung still makes a physical keyboard add on for their Galaxy devices though, apparently it's pretty good.
    02-02-19 11:26 PM
    Samsung still makes a physical keyboard add on for their Galaxy devices though, apparently it's pretty good.
    They don't, the last device to have one was the Note 8 and production was cut short shortly after they were introduced, which means it's virtually impossible to find a regular English QWERTY one but you can easily find a Korean/English one on eBay.

The S9/+ and Note 9 don't have PKB add-ons.

BBMo is officially the last to propose PKB's, aside from that Cosmo Communicator and Gemini PDA lol.
    02-03-19 12:13 AM

Try that with your 6 year old Z10!

You would have needed like 3 batteries to get through that day lol, and all that typed on glass ?

Ugh

And if you hate BB Hub+ services and apps, why not just use generic Android ones ?

Example: Outlook app, Gmail app etc..
    02-03-19 12:14 AM
    I'm curious why you were trying to juggle so much with just a phone?..
    Regardless which is better (BB10/BBOS/BBAndroid), it would have been more efficient managing all of this on a laptop....
    A laptop would have been physically unmanageable and socially awkward at these events. Jim typically standing and conversing with someone at an exhibit booth, in a buffet line, during a workshop, or at a party.

I have been managing this type of thing on a phone since 2004. That's the whole reason I became a BlackBerry fan! If a phone can't do this kind of work when I'm away from my computer, I it's useless to me.

Jake2826 likes this.
    02-03-19 05:47 AM
    Try that with your 6 year old Z10!

You would have needed like 3 batteries to get through that day lol, and all that typed on glass ?

Ugh

And if you hate BB Hub+ services and apps, why not just use generic Android ones ?

Example: Outlook app, Gmail app etc..
    I've done this with my Z10 for almost six years, and yes, it does take 2-3 battery changes in a day, but batteries are cheap, light and compact.

In my experience, the native Android apps are much, much worse in terms of integration between functions, but I am going to review them again. If they work better, I'll switch. I have no particular loyalty to BlackBerry. I just want to use technology to convert my conversations to business meetings as efficiently as possible.

Jake2826 likes this.
    02-03-19 05:52 AM
    A laptop would have been physically unmanageable and socially awkward at these events. Jim typically standing and conversing with someone at an exhibit booth, in a buffet line, during a workshop, or at a party.

I have been managing this type of thing on a phone since 2004. That's the whole reason I became a BlackBerry fan! If a phone can't do this kind of work when I'm away from my computer, I it's useless to me.

Fair enough.

On to the issue you're having with setting up meetings via. Email/text with non-contacts. I seem to be able to do this fine?

E.g. Send an email to a contact without having to add them to my address book?

Am I missing something?
    02-03-19 06:03 AM
    Fair enough.

On to the issue you're having with setting up meetings via. Email/text with non-contacts. I seem to be able to do this fine?

E.g. Send an email to a contact without having to add them to my address book?

Am I missing something?
    No, that works perfectly. My challenge is that it's essential that I accomplish several things in near real time:

1) Schedule the meeting with 3-5 people, some of whom may already be in my contacts list.

2) Add all new contacts immediately with first and last names, work emails and mobile numbers.

3) Send a follow up text message confirming the meeting (because data services are unreliable at conventions, causing people to miss invitations and emails)

The surprise was that I couldn't add a new contact while inside the calendar event work flow. I have to switch to the contacts app. The work around is to validate all the contacts before creating the event, which I did, but that wastes time when the contacts already exist.

02-03-19 06:56 AM
    BlackBerry owns patents on their physical keyboard but not all physical keyboards. OEM's were releasing new QWERTY keyboard phones up until a few years ago, lack of sales is likely why they stopped (which also holds true for BlackBerry). Samsung still makes a physical keyboard add on for their Galaxy devices though, apparently it's pretty good.
    Correct, and all the keyboards that I remember coming out were nothing to write home about or even comparable to the BlackBerry keyboard. The Samsung physical keyboard add on is a joke as well. This info is from a very long time ago but if I remember correctly all the tech/patents that makes a physical keyboard good BlackBerry owns.

I would love to see more physical keyboards on devices but I bet they don't touch what BlackBerry has to offer.
    02-03-19 08:02 AM
240 12345 ...