Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
05-22-19 12:15 AM
240 1234 ...
tools
    I saw those supposedly Key3 leaked renders on YouTube. They are like 4 month old lol. I don't know if there is any substance behind it, but they kinda seem legit. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if TCL takes on this design path.
    Attached Thumbnails Rumors of the KEY3?-200980.jpg  
    SuperFister likes this.
    12-16-18 09:26 AM
    If this doesn't come to Verizon or have a halfway decent camera and wireless charging, no-lie I'm going to pick up a Verizon KEYone and sent it to china to get the 4GB mod done to it and pay a buddy of mine to solder a fast wireless charging coil to it. That, or maybe someone could make a replacement rear-facing camera module for the KEY2. Christmas freaking sucks this year, nothing I want under the Christmas tree. Santa says all BlackBerry fans have been bad this year and the Key2 LE is the ultimate form of coal for your stocking. At this point I'm wondering if the BlackBerry Uni will become a thing or if we're going to wait until freaking April only to find out the navigation keys are still omnipresent instead of being on-screen. Hopefully that KEYone/Key2 owners survey influenced the design decisions of BlackBerry's next iteration.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-16-18 12:59 PM
    Here we go:

12-19-18 07:06 PM
    12-21-18 04:28 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Not sold on the Key series but hope the next pkb phone will have a bigger keyboard and bigger screen....

None of the new phones are compelling enough for me to give up my day one passport....

Posted via CB10
    12-22-18 09:33 AM
    Interesting that nothing has been officially heard about upcoming key3 but seeds were planted that perhaps Key2 life will be stretched out. Perhaps setting the stage, planting a seed and painting a picture......
    12-22-18 10:00 AM
    Interesting that nothing has been officially heard about upcoming key3 but seeds were planted that perhaps Key2 life will be stretched out. Perhaps setting the stage, planting a seed and painting a picture......
    Either there isn't a Key3 planned for the near future or because of the fairly recent release of the colored Key²LEs they are trying to avoid the Osborne Effect.
    12-22-18 10:53 AM
    Looks like a Motion with a keyboard and a notch added, with a Key2 back and Key2 camera rotated 90 degrees on the back.
    12-22-18 11:06 AM
    Either there isn't a Key3 planned for the near future or because of the fairly recent release of the colored Key²LEs they are trying to avoid the Osborne Effect.
    That’s what I was saying from listening to podcast from CBK and Bla1ze comments but you say it better. LOL
    12-22-18 01:02 PM
    Noone asked for a phone without a capacitive keyboard, literally if someone doesn't like it they can just turn that feature off in the settings, and noone asked for a cheaper Key2 since the Key2 is already "cheap"-feeling enough >_> But it comes in Red guys, like the Red OG Passport! Nah why get that when you could've waited for the Passport Silver Edition. Just freaking confirm that another PKB device is coming, BBMobile! Call it the "Uni" or whatever, just don't leave us with these subpar smartphones! I'll pay $750, $850, $950 for one that just WORKS AND IS GOOD.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    12-22-18 03:00 PM
    Noone asked for a phone without a capacitive keyboard, literally if someone doesn't like it they can just turn that feature off in the settings, and noone asked for a cheaper Key2 since the Key2 is already "cheap"-feeling enough >_> But it comes in Red guys, like the Red OG Passport! Nah why get that when you could've waited for the Passport Silver Edition. Just freaking confirm that another PKB device is coming, BBMobile! Call it the "Uni" or whatever, just don't leave us with these subpar smartphones! I'll pay $750, $850, $950 for one that just WORKS AND IS GOOD.
    I won’t pay any price unless offered through AT&T supporting WFC and VoLTE features. I’ll support cheaper model if that’s all that AT&T would offer supporting the enhanced calling features.
    12-22-18 03:13 PM
    Look at @crackberrykevin Instagram post from today.

K3 isn't coming out any time soon!
    12-23-18 10:24 AM
    I saw those supposedly Key3 leaked renders on YouTube. They are like 4 month old lol. I don't know if there is any substance behind it, but they kinda seem legit. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if TCL takes on this design path.
    Horrible.

There's no better way than this atrocity to make a device fall forward while typing anything
    12-25-18 10:43 PM
    Here you go fellows! If you want a K3 device, BlackBerry Mobile needs to first sell more K2's...:

https://m.crackberry.com/its-nearly-...rry-10-devices
    12-28-18 02:57 PM
    Here you go fellows! If you want a K3 device, BlackBerry Mobile needs to first sell more K2's...:

https://m.crackberry.com/its-nearly-...rry-10-devices

SURE just lemme pull $650 out of my rear-end for crappy low-light camera, NO wireless charging even though previously BlackBerries had it and it's not expensive, MONO speaker even though my current Passport SE fills the freaking room and is almost *too* loud, and you have to put a Verizon representative in a choke-hold before you can get it to work on that carrier, unless you want the crappier Key2 LE sans capacitive keyboard. WE DIDN'T WANT, NEED, OR ASK FOR A BUDGET KEY2 WITH 3 COLOR OPTIONS, why did BlackBerry Mobile divert resources to make this junk!?
    dan99x99 likes this.
    12-29-18 01:59 AM
    SURE just lemme pull $650 out of my rear-end for crappy low-light camera, NO wireless charging even though previously BlackBerries had it and it's not expensive, MONO speaker even though my current Passport SE fills the freaking room and is almost *too* loud, and you have to put a Verizon representative in a choke-hold before you can get it to work on that carrier, unless you want the crappier Key2 LE sans capacitive keyboard. WE DIDN'T WANT, NEED, OR ASK FOR A BUDGET KEY2 WITH 3 COLOR OPTIONS, why did BlackBerry Mobile divert resources to make this junk!?
    Hey, you didn't hear me saying the K2 value proposition was there, or did you? All I was trying to say is that if people read between the lines they will get their clues as to whether a K3 device is coming out any time soon.
    12-29-18 11:23 AM
    https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kaZn...09.20_PM.0.png

KEY2 LE is for those who want a keyboard but don’t want to shell out $650 for it.

Seems pretty simple to me, don’t you think ?

Really liking my LE... You should try one out
    12-30-18 07:14 AM
    Looks like a Motion with a keyboard and a notch added, with a Key2 back and Key2 camera rotated 90 degrees on the back.
    The Alcatel 5V has a notch, came out in the summer, a Blackberry release a year later of that tech seems plausible
    12-30-18 07:27 AM
    The Alcatel 5V has a notch, came out in the summer, a Blackberry release a year later of that tech seems plausible
    What slab doesn't have a notch these days ?

Apple sorcery in full effect
    12-30-18 08:44 AM
    What slab doesn't have a notch these days ?

Apple sorcery in full effect
    Blackberry
    12-30-18 09:34 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Let's hope TCL really comes up with something outstanding for pkb lovers.... far exceeding the key series to date....

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 09:42 PM
    Boredom is the panacea of the masses; giv'em welfare, government cheese, legalized weed, and narcan in every pocket... you've got happiness all around...

Oh yes, a free BlackBerry in every hand (to satisfy TOS)
    01-02-19 09:57 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile isn’t concerned about wowing BB10 users. It’s concerned with satisfying current and prospective BBAndroid PKB users already long moved on from BB10 since. BB10 was never commercially successful and therefore doesn’t make sense as target demographic. Targeting former BBOS users from 2000’s and the base of Android/IOS users preferring the PKB feature is much larger and far more used to non-BB10 features.

Who are you trying to kid?! The reason that Bla1ze wrote the following post: 'It's nearly 2019, it's time to stop using BlackBerry 10 devices!' was because BlackBerry Mobile is desperate for customers for their BB Android phones. You don't think that article was targeting BB10 users? Really? Who else would they be targeting on Crackberry with that article title?

The pkb is a small niche market there will be not be millions coming from iOS or other android devices moving to blackberry android. Maybe try and pull someone else's leg! Are you also getting paid by BlackBerry Mobile?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    01-03-19 05:37 AM
    Who are you trying to kid?! The reason that Bla1ze wrote the following post: 'It's nearly 2019, it's time to stop using BlackBerry 10 devices!' was because BlackBerry Mobile is desperate for customers for their BB Android phones. You don't think that article was targeting BB10 users? Really? Who else would they be targeting on Crackberry with that article title?

The pkb is a small niche market there will be not be millions coming from iOS or other android devices moving to blackberry android. Maybe try and pull someone else's leg! Are you also getting paid by BlackBerry Mobile?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    I’m not getting paid from BBMo/TCL, CB or any other BB related entity. As far as targeting BB10 users, those have already been targeted for last two years. The BBApp Suite is designed for those desiring features similar as possible to BB10 now. If BB10 users haven’t moved to BBAndroid yet, they’ll move to it for PKB if that important feature really matters. The reality is that BB10 users left are just as likely to go to Android/IOS from some other source. Or, they’ll pickup some used device that does nothing for BBMo anyways. At some point, everyone left has to realize, not enough people thought BB10 was great and NEVER bought into the OS itself. The vast majority of users moved on so their preference is Android/IOS hardware now. Statistically, there may be a better chance of PKB Android surviving without the BB name due to negative perception of the brand, as unfair as that may be. The point is that part of rebuilding the brand is developing a modern perception with Android/IOS users. The idea to be different with consumers other than PKB has not been successful for ten years.

Winning back Android/IOS users for PKB is bigger importance than continued desire to create some different looking OS that keeps an ever shrinking number of people happy since that’s not profitable business model. Besides, where do remaining BB10 users have to go anyway? Their desire to be different has become so fragmented, their directions are varied now by emotion. Many, already, look for that next “different “ OS since BBAndroid is too mainstream. Unfortunately, mainstream is the business model and the only unique feature is the PKB for now.
    01-03-19 07:19 AM
    I’m not getting paid from BBMo/TCL, CB or any other BB related entity. As far as targeting BB10 users, those have already been targeted for last two years. The BBApp Suite is designed for those desiring features similar as possible to BB10 now. If BB10 users haven’t moved to BBAndroid yet, they’ll move to it for PKB if that important feature really matters. The reality is that BB10 users left are just as likely to go to Android/IOS from some other source. Or, they’ll pickup some used device that does nothing for BBMo anyways. At some point, everyone left has to realize, not enough people thought BB10 was great and NEVER bought into the OS itself. The vast majority of users moved on so their preference is Android/IOS hardware now. Statistically, there may be a better chance of PKB Android surviving without the BB name due to negative perception of the brand, as unfair as that may be. The point is that part of rebuilding the brand is developing a modern perception with Android/IOS users. The idea to be different with consumers other than PKB has not been successful for ten years.

Winning back Android/IOS users for PKB is bigger importance than continued desire to create some different looking OS that keeps an ever shrinking number of people happy since that’s not profitable business model. Besides, where do remaining BB10 users have to go anyway? Their desire to be different has become so fragmented, their directions are varied now by emotion. Many, already, look for that next “different “ OS since BBAndroid is too mainstream. Unfortunately, mainstream is the business model and the only unique feature is the PKB for now.
    "Winning back Android/IOS users for PKB is bigger importance than continued desire to create some different looking OS that keeps an ever shrinking number of people happy since that’s not profitable business model."

This!
    01-05-19 06:59 PM
240 1234 ...