05-22-19 12:15 AM
240 ... 8910
tools
    Tampa, FL baby, the Las Vegas of Lap Dances......

Where I’ll show off the new Key3 once it’s offered through AT&T from BBMo so as to keep thread on topic...
    Oh wow!

So you Spent 50$ in the separee just to show the ladies you Blackberry.

A real Fan ;-)
    02-24-19 01:29 PM
    Oh wow!

So you Spent 50$ in the separee just to show the ladies you Blackberry.

A real Fan ;-)
    It was three dances and I’m helping pay for her schooling... Nursing classes she told me... She did say my KEYone really caught her eye and that’s why she approached me instead of the guy next to me.......
    hplovecraft likes this.
    02-24-19 01:31 PM
    It was three dances and I’m helping pay for her schooling... Nursing classes she told me... She did say my KEYone really caught her eye and that’s why she approached me instead of the guy next to me.......
    Hahaha yes.

I tell you (without any experience of course) - you'll never feel more attractive than at a table dance bar.

Normaly id say shes just after your cash (as little as it might be ), but! In your cases she really was a Blackberry enthusiast!

Same reasone i take my Passport, Classic, Key2 etc all at once to those places.
    02-24-19 01:36 PM
    Now that it’s out, what say you?
    I say when and where can I buy???
    02-24-19 03:19 PM
    I’m not getting paid from BBMo/TCL, CB or any other BB related entity. As far as targeting BB10 users, those have already been targeted for last two years. The BBApp Suite is designed for those desiring features similar as possible to BB10 now. If BB10 users haven’t moved to BBAndroid yet, they’ll move to it for PKB if that important feature really matters. The reality is that BB10 users left are just as likely to go to Android/IOS from some other source. Or, they’ll pickup some used device that does nothing for BBMo anyways. At some point, everyone left has to realize, not enough people thought BB10 was great and NEVER bought into the OS itself. The vast majority of users moved on so their preference is Android/IOS hardware now. Statistically, there may be a better chance of PKB Android surviving without the BB name due to negative perception of the brand, as unfair as that may be. The point is that part of rebuilding the brand is developing a modern perception with Android/IOS users. The idea to be different with consumers other than PKB has not been successful for ten years.

Winning back Android/IOS users for PKB is bigger importance than continued desire to create some different looking OS that keeps an ever shrinking number of people happy since that’s not profitable business model. Besides, where do remaining BB10 users have to go anyway? Their desire to be different has become so fragmented, their directions are varied now by emotion. Many, already, look for that next “different “ OS since BBAndroid is too mainstream. Unfortunately, mainstream is the business model and the only unique feature is the PKB for now.

We agree that PKB is a niche market and that most people don't mind typing on glass. If you think iOs and other android users will come and buy a KeyOne, 2 or 3 then I think you will be disappointed. Most people want the latest with better specs and regular security updates. Not something the key series offers judging by the comments on CB, especially the security updates are patchy.

Blackberry will win customers thru their software no doubt there but the customer base for any blackberry branded phones is shrinking unless TCL lift their game. I travel a bit for work but haven't seen a Key1 or 2 in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-19 06:41 PM
    See... you’ve got money to burn, as the rich always do... I know, that how the rich accumulate their wealth...... When you quietly purchase the RED, come back and give us the review.......

Serious, I’m sure this is more about creating a limited edition run with the buzz it generates..... It does harken back to better days.....

The limited red edition certainly didn't create a buzz on CB. Maybe on android central? Nothing much in the media.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-19 06:45 PM
    We agree that PKB is a niche market and that most people don't mind typing on glass. If you think iOs and other android users will come and buy a KeyOne, 2 or 3 then I think you will be disappointed. Most people want the latest with better specs and regular security updates. Not something the key series offers judging by the comments on CB, especially the security updates are patchy.

Blackberry will win customers thru their software no doubt there but the customer base for any blackberry branded phones is shrinking unless TCL lift their game. I travel a bit for work but haven't seen a Key1 or 2 in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    Yet, recent comments from BBMo have indicated higher sales of Key2 lineup over the KEYone lineup.

The biggest market for prospective customers are people that buy less expensive Android models over flagship Android models. BB has never been a flagship brand anyways. To make even worse, BB10 further killed the brand with mainstream users that felt BB10 was some kind of broken 1/2 Android mistake.

Trust in fact that BBMo/TCL has done much better job in the consumer space than BB in the last 5-7 years from ASP plus avoiding firesale pricing.
    03-06-19 06:53 PM
    Yet, recent comments from BBMo have indicated higher sales of Key2 lineup over the KEYone lineup.

The biggest market for prospective customers are people that buy less expensive Android models over flagship Android models. BB has never been a flagship brand anyways. To make even worse, BB10 further killed the brand with mainstream users that felt BB10 was some kind of broken 1/2 Android mistake.

Trust in fact that BBMo/TCL has done much better job in the consumer space than BB in the last 5-7 years from ASP plus avoiding firesale pricing.
    BBMo keeping their powder dry for a few extra months could allow them to spend more time on design, allow demand to build, and read the market's direction better in terms of features, including the timing for the arrival of 5G networks. If they are being strategic, the decision may pay off. If they just don't see much demand for the KEY2, that's obviously a problem.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Bbnivende and Luke Beauchamp like this.
    03-07-19 12:34 PM
    BBMo keeping their powder dry for a few extra months could allow them to spend more time on design, allow demand to build, and read the market's direction better in terms of features, including the timing for the arrival of 5G networks. If they are being strategic, the decision may pay off. If they just don't see much demand for the KEY2, that's obviously a problem.

I hope you are right about them waiting a little longer to release the next phone. It makes sense to me. I, for one, would love to see a phone that would have some higher end specs. I am still rocking my KEYone and also carrying my PRIV. I have digits on T-Mobile so 2 phones works for me. A dual Sim PRIV2 would be an awesome replacement for them.
    03-07-19 02:12 PM

Has anyone seen the sales figure for either the Key1 or 2?

It's a matter of opinion if you think that BB10 was a mistake - definitely not in mine!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-19 08:23 AM
    Has anyone seen the sales figure for either the Key1 or 2?

It's a matter of opinion if you think that BB10 was a mistake - definitely not in mine!

Posted via CB10
    BB10 was a mistake in terms of business strategy. It was simply too late to market to attract sufficient market share to make it profitable.

In terms of satisfying my requirements, BB10 was a brilliant product, finely tuned to support corporate email work flow and communications with the best user experience i've ever enjoyed on a mobile platform. I wish BlackBerry had never tried to build their own app store or run Android apps. But, if the company hadn't made a play for the mainstream consumer market, the shareholders would never have permitted so much money to be spent on product development.

Is it possible BlackBerry could have maintained a sustainable niche in the mobile space with a different strategy? Probably, but they felt that "go big or go home" was the only viable strategy in 2010-2013.

03-08-19 09:35 AM
    if the next key device is going to be delayed to 2020 they should discontinue the number iteration (KeyONE 2017, Key2 2018, Key3 2020, Key4 2022, etc..) because anything that highlights a biennial release is just embarrassing.

TCL is a Chinese company, they should just follow the zodiac animal that corresponds to the Chinese calendar... so 2020 is the year of the rat... Blackberry KeyRE (rat edition) The Chinese will probably like it at least. If you don't like it just holdout to 2022 its the tiger and 2024 is better with the dragon.
    05-03-19 08:36 AM
    if the next key device is going to be delayed to 2020 they should discontinue the number iteration (KeyONE 2017, Key2 2018, Key3 2020, Key4 2022, etc..) because anything that highlights a biennial release is just embarrassing.

TCL is a Chinese company, they should just follow the zodiac animal that corresponds to the Chinese calendar... so 2020 is the year of the rat... Blackberry KeyRE (rat edition) The Chinese will probably like it at least. If you don't like it just holdout to 2022 its the tiger and 2024 is better with the dragon.
    I've never seen the years mentioned with the product names.... lot more to be concerned about than some weird naming convention.

Other OEM are extending their release times too, and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see more of that. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
    05-03-19 10:26 AM
    I'd hate a BB with a notch I just hate the notch. Bought a Samsung slob with a notch and it's a video watching disaster. You constantly want to rip off the notch. I like Samsung S10 instead. Beautiful design. Does anyone know why there's no Key3 on the horizon
    05-21-19 01:53 AM
    I'd hate a BB with a notch I just hate the notch. Bought a Samsung slob with a notch and it's a video watching disaster. You constantly want to rip off the notch. I like Samsung S10 instead. Beautiful design. Does anyone know why there's no Key3 on the horizon
    Which Samsung has a notch?

And by "slob" you mean "slab" lol
    05-22-19 12:15 AM
240 ... 8910