02-21-10 09:15 AM
38 12
tools
    11-14-09 09:21 PM
    Of course it will happen. Touch Screen slider has been rumored since pre storm 2. Storm 1 and Bold were in development for 3 years before release.
    11-14-09 09:22 PM
    I jumped over to the Know Your Mobile web site to check out the story. They have a ******** looking mock-up of a Storm with a keyboard below it and if that isn't bad enough, they claim it will be released in the UK before Christmas this year!?

Another one born every minute I guess.
    11-14-09 10:01 PM
    I jumped over to the Know Your Mobile web site to check out the story. They have a ******** looking mock-up of a Storm with a keyboard below it and if that isn't bad enough, they claim it will be released in the UK before Christmas this year!?

Another one born every minute I guess.
    Whats funny is the keyboard is obviously from a WINMO device, it has the windows key on it. LMAO
    11-14-09 11:25 PM
    Whats funny is the keyboard is obviously from a WINMO device, it has the windows key on it. LMAO

LOL!!! Wow I did not even pick that one up till you pointed it out. Is it just me or does that keyboard look clumsy and hard to manipulate??
    11-14-09 11:30 PM
    I'm not 100% sure that the slider will be the "Storm 3", but RIM in fact is working on a slider version of the Storm. The difference is that RIM's slider (Talladega) will have a BB keyboard sliding out on the bottom of the screen, unlike the Droid's keyboard.
    11-15-09 01:04 AM
    Well the names change all the time, and most people will eventually end up calling it the model number on here anyway. Nice to see you Sal, how you been?
    11-15-09 01:07 AM
    Well the names change all the time, and most people will eventually end up calling it the model number on here anyway. Nice to see you Sal, how you been?
    You are very right about that. Names change a lot through the development of each phone, but the basic idea will be there in the end.

I've been good man! Just working like an animal (Thank God). Its great to see you here! How's everything going with you?
    11-15-09 01:10 AM
    Things are going, thats the best I have right now, better than they were most recently, but not as good as they were. At least I am able to be back in what fashion I am. Work is good to hear though. Especially in the way this economy has been.
    11-15-09 01:15 AM
    Storm 1 and Bold were in development for 3 years before release.
    Storm 1 was in development for a year; it was rushed.
    11-15-09 09:03 AM
    There were working alpha devices in NPI in Waterloo more than a year before release. the Thunder code name and documents were floating around and a PM was chosen WELL before a year of release. You are correct, it was not 3, it was probably closer to 2. The Bold was most definitely 3 though. Thank you for the correction.
    11-15-09 09:26 AM
    If it happens, I and others won't be surprised at all. Thanks for sharing
    11-15-09 11:00 AM
    since verizon has the storm 2, will this device most likely hit gsm carriers?
    11-15-09 12:32 PM
    I'd hate to see an uprising of Storm owners if Verizon didn't get S3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 12:39 PM
    i think tmo will have an uprising. tmo has a lot of younger customers. younger customers who want touchscreens and other gimicky things like the slide out sidekick.
    11-15-09 12:52 PM
    Tmo really needs to get some version of the Storm. This is ridiculous.
    11-15-09 04:26 PM
    The largest GSM carrier in the country doesnt have the Storm. The nations number 4 carrier surely falls below that?
    11-15-09 04:44 PM
    The largest GSM carrier in the country doesnt have the Storm. The nations number 4 carrier surely falls below that?
    But Tmo sometimes gets them first. Like the Pearl Flip, 8900, and 8520. I'd think that Tmo could get it even if AT&T didn't want it.
    11-15-09 05:08 PM
    I don't use photoshop very well, but wouldn't you hope it would look more like this???

I threw that together in like 5 mins! So ignore the mistakes!
    Last edited by Scoot05RedSS; 11-15-09 at 05:29 PM.
    11-15-09 05:13 PM
    Ha Ha thats hilarious, a great effort. It looks like the ******** child of a BOLD and a Storm2
    11-15-09 06:55 PM
    hopefully they're making a storm 3 but hopefully it doesn't look like anything like that. LETS GO DAKOTA I NEED A HSPA PHONE!!!
    11-15-09 07:11 PM
    hopefully they're making a storm 3 but hopefully it doesn't look like anything like that. LETS GO DAKOTA I NEED A HSPA PHONE!!!
    Im holding off on HSPA for the Dakota as well.. Not to mention, i still have a year and a bit on my contract..
    11-15-09 07:37 PM
    LOL, I'll work on my chopping skills!
    11-15-09 07:37 PM
    Im holding off on HSPA for the Dakota as well.. Not to mention, i still have a year and a bit on my contract..
    i just cant stand CDMA and I'm not that really good with the full keyboard but im sure ill get the hang of it really quick. I love my storm, i would've upgraded to s2 but it wasn't hspa. I do love the big screen tho haha. lets the leaks of dakota happen soon!
    11-15-09 08:30 PM
    I'm not 100% sure that the slider will be the "Storm 3", but RIM in fact is working on a slider version of the Storm. The difference is that RIM's slider (Talladega) will have a BB keyboard sliding out on the bottom of the screen, unlike the Droid's keyboard.
    I don't use photoshop very well, but wouldn't you hope it would look more like this???

I threw that together in like 5 mins! So ignore the mistakes!
    Well, chop some more because Sal said the keyboard is supposed to slide from the bottom, not the side of the phone!
    11-15-09 08:57 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD