08-11-14 09:43 PM
110 ... 2345
tools
    Yet, on paper, better than iphone....

Posted via CB10
    Oh come on. Let's try to get back to reality please.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-31-14 09:29 AM
    Yeah.

And--as awesome as the Z30 is--the low PPI screen is noticeable (for me) compared to my Z10 and especially my friend's Galaxy S5 I've been playing with.

(love everything else about the Z30, btw)

Posted via CB10
    I find it noticeable too. That's the main reason I haven't upgraded.

07-31-14 09:30 AM
    The Samsung Galaxy SIII is only ~150 USD new on eBay. Enterprise doesn't have to buy the latest or flagship model and the Z3 LTE at 400 USD is a nonexistent bargain or overpriced by more than 150 USD.

A lot of corporations that actually want mass savings have gone with low end Windows Phone. They aren't interested in paying more than 150 USD a phone and, in all honesty, a lot of 100 USD phones can now get most jobs done.

I'm confident Android apps running on the Android runtime must be tuned perfectly for BB10.

The argument may be valid if BB10 actually had more efficient performance than Android; but, that has never been true with its demanding RAM requirements and is even less true now that Blackberry has become reliant on the Android ecosystem. B10 should have better specs than comparable Android devices.
    Apparently the latest 10.3 Android runtime is way way faster than the current 10.2.1 runtime. For example: it's been reported that Android apps load as fast as native apps now.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:01 PM
    The Porsche BlackBerrys need a lower price... then they would be nice )
    I say make an entry level Porsche qwerty just like the entry level BMW 3 series. Audi A4 series etc...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:38 PM
    I say make an entry level Porsche qwerty just like the entry level BMW 3 series. Audi A4 series etc...

Posted via CB10
    What the f...?

No Signature today...
    08-01-14 03:47 PM
    A lot of corporations that actually want mass savings have gone with low end Windows Phone.
    Have they? I've heard random mentions of Windows Phone wins but not actually a lot of hard data showing that they have high penetration in enterprises.

The argument may be valid if BB10 actually had more efficient performance than Android; but, that has never been true with its demanding RAM requirements and is even less true now that Blackberry has become reliant on the Android ecosystem.
    Are you suggesting that I'm imagining my Kindle Fire HDX experience and that the constant lag and unresponsiveness (even after reboots) is "in my head"?
    08-02-14 02:51 PM
    What the f...?

No Signature today...
    I meant just make a Porsche desgin phone for the price of a regular blackberry. But I guess that kills the exclusitivity.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 04:44 PM
    I meant just make a Porsche desgin phone for the price of a regular blackberry. But I guess that kills the exclusitivity.

Posted via CB10
    oh ok... not gonna happen for less than 800 bucks... but yes why not...

What sucks is that the porsche design doesn't have enough premium materials.. like sapphire glass or Platin material,...

No Signature today...
    08-04-14 01:49 AM
    oh ok... not gonna happen for less than 800 bucks... but yes why not...

What sucks is that the porsche design doesn't have enough premium materials.. like sapphire glass or Platin material,...

No Signature today...
    Porsche Design products are made to
    separate fools and money. Like the Cayenne.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 03:00 AM
    Apparently the latest 10.3 Android runtime is way way faster than the current 10.2.1 runtime. For example: it's been reported that Android apps load as fast as native apps now.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you hear this?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:50 AM
    Why is Manitoba necessary?

My guess is that it is cheaper to manufacture than the Z30 is.

Z30 was designed to be sold as a premium device. Manitoba is designed to be entry level.

Remember how Chen talks about being profitable when selling only10 million devices a year? This is how you get there.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:55 AM
    Porsche Design products are made to
    separate fools and money. Like the Cayenne.

Posted via CB10
    I would buy it for 1k but 2k is too much for a phone that doesn't even have a great ecosystem..

Will see first.. but I'm definitely interested in it! And I'm foolish enough to buy it... I admit it.

Not because of the porsche logo... **** porsche... but the better materials and the different look... I like it to have a phone that not everybody has or even wants..

No Signature today...
    08-04-14 08:34 AM
    Oh come on. Let's try to get back to reality please.

Sorry, iphones are the best........

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-04-14 08:46 PM
    I would buy it for 1k but 2k is too much for a phone that doesn't even have a great ecosystem..

Will see first.. but I'm definitely interested in it! And I'm foolish enough to buy it... I admit it.

Not because of the porsche logo... **** porsche... but the better materials and the different look... I like it to have a phone that not everybody has or even wants..

No Signature today...
    That's exactly my reasoning. Everybody's phone looks alike. This one is unique relatively speaking. Haha

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 10:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Look at you, acting as though your personal opinions are facts.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:37 PM
    Where did you hear this?

Posted via CB10
    Re:Android performance : I read some posts on this site regarding the faster 10.3 runtime. Also, there are some Youtube videos. Compatibility also seems to have been improved, with 10.3 able to launch apps that crash on 10.2.1.

*Note*: Only 10.3.0.700 (and higher) appear to have the faster Android runtime. Earlier 10.3 builds (pre .700) still have slower load times for Android apps.

(thread) AMAZING!!! Android performance on Friday 10.3 SDK!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=930971

N4BB also reported on it. (can't find link right now)

Also, there are videos of some early 10.3 builds:

This vid is from BerryFlow focusing on the faster runtime:

In this one the (non english-speaking) presenter shows a Z10 with 10.3 actually beating a Z30 in loading Android apps.

Imagine a Z30 with 10.3 Should be even faster. Shazam (in the video) loads at least 4x faster on the Z10 in that video than it does on my Z10 with 10.2.1.

Also, the final build of 10.3 may even load apps faster than in these videos.

The in-app performance performance appears to be faster as well.

Looking forward to 10.3/10.3.1 for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 08-05-14 at 06:27 AM.
    08-04-14 11:55 PM
    Look at you, acting as though your personal opinions are facts.

Posted via CB10
    Or, it could be sarcasm....

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Now we're back into reality... ;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-05-14 01:26 PM
    Men stay calm... the z30 is still great... the z3 LTE will replace the z10... and next year there will be a better 5.2 inch phone with fill HD Screen and touch only I think
    It needs to be formally shown by blackberry before the z10 hits the 2 year anniversary as many people will be up for a new phone because of how contracts with carriers work.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 03:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Childish sarcasm.

08-05-14 03:13 PM
    It needs to be formally shown by blackberry before the z10 hits the 2 year anniversary as many people will be up for a new phone because of how contracts with carriers work.

Posted via CB10
    +1

I've been really impressed with the Galaxy S5, and now Samsung is releasing a new powerhouse Galaxy with insane screen resolution (over 500 PPI!) and Adreno 420 GPU (the z30 currently has the fastest bb10 GPU--an Adreno 320). Anandtech reports that despite the 2.3 Ghz CPUs and 2560x1920 resolution (versus the Z30's 1280x720 resolution), that the new Samsung device has impressive battery life due to the more power-efficient Adreno 420.

IMO, BlackBerry needs to get a high end, high spec, all-touch out there soon. It would make me sick to switch away from BB10, but the Android competition is getting *extremely* enticing for all-touch devices. Also, it's hard not to fall in love with Android Widgets IMO.

A new BlackBerry all-touch doesn't need to have the same specs as the new Galaxy though (since app developers would be crazy to write apps that need that kind of power--it would cut the market for their apps to the small subset of bleeding edge Android flagship phones on the market), but it does need a major spec boost from the Z30. Perhaps internals like the Passport has would be good enough.

Still rooting for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    08-05-14 04:18 PM
    +1

I've been really impressed with the Galaxy S5, and now Samsung is releasing a new powerhouse Galaxy with insane screen resolution (over 500 PPI!) and Adreno 420 GPU (the z30 currently has the fastest bb10 GPU--an Adreno 320). Anandtech reports that despite the 2.3 Ghz CPUs and 2560x1920 resolution (versus the Z30's 1280x720 resolution), that the new Samsung device has impressive battery life due to the more power-efficient Adreno 420.

IMO, BlackBerry needs to get a high end, high spec, all-touch out there soon. It would make me sick to switch away from BB10, but the Android competition is getting *extremely* enticing for all-touch devices. Also, it's hard not to fall in love with Android Widgets IMO.

A new BlackBerry all-touch doesn't need to have the same specs as the new Galaxy though (since app developers would be crazy to write apps that need that kind of power--it would cut the market for their apps to the small subset of bleeding edge Android flagship phones on the market), but it does need a major spec boost from the Z30. Perhaps internals like the Passport has would be good enough.

Still rooting for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I absolutely agree. BlackBerry can't be seen to only be in the entry level market. They need to show they can still lead at the high end.

08-05-14 10:17 PM
    Wow. Childish sarcasm.

Wow, lighten up, BUD

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dude those models where entry level for 4/5 yrs & 10yrs respectively: 1-series & A3/A1 series. Where have you been?

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    08-07-14 12:46 AM
    I wonder what screen resolution will be employed by Manitoba / Z3 LTE.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 08:44 AM
110 ... 2345