True true
    07-28-14 06:25 AM
    Stupid BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:38 AM
    Via @N4_BB

BlackBerry will be releasing four devices in 2014. These include the BlackBerry Classic, Passport and two others with codenames Khan, Manitoba. Thus far, weve seen quite a lot of coverage on the Classic and Passport. However, little is known about the Khan and Manitoba.

There have been inaccurate reports on the Manitoba, which pegged it as a high-end all-touch. We can confirm this to not be true in the least bit. BlackBerry has already publicly stated there will be a Z3 LTE device. We can confirm that the Manitoba is the Z3 LTE.

Z3 LTE (Manitoba) Specs:

• 5-inch touch screen

• 2 GB RAM

• Dual-core 1.7 GHz CPU
    If true those specs are just silly. Another device from BlackBerry that is years behind the competition.

But wait, these specs seem vastly familiar. Thats because the Z3 LTE a.k.a. Manitoba features similar specs as the BlackBerry Z30, but will be in a Z3-like form factor. The only difference in form factor from the original Z3 is the back, which features a different camera placement in a glass strip across the top (similar to the Bold 9900). Were told the price target for the Manitoba is under $400 USD.
    Typical of BlackBerry to release a device that doesn't stack up the competition but to charge a similar price as those other devices.

Sadly, this reiterates our sentiment that BlackBerry has distanced itself from the high-end all-touch device market, at least for 2014. Dont expect a Z50″ style device any time soon.
    That's very disappointing. This isn't going to bring anyone back to BlackBerry and I'd even say that more people will be jumping ship if there isn't a solid touch device for them by Spring 2015.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-28-14 02:01 PM
    The Z3 LTE either needs to be rock-bottom cheap, or the specs need to be massively improved otherwise it will be another slaughter. I just don't see them beefing it up to be better than the Z30 in every way, and it makes no sense for them to put out a similarly-specced phone for a similar price.

The Z30 is your high-end full touch Blackberry for 2014. That's just how it is. To me, it's a massive upgrade over the Z10. Just feel it in your hand and use it for a few days (where it will actually last past 2PM without a charge) and you'll see. Numbers are for engineers and statisticians, the real world is what matters to the consumer.

That said. I do agree BlackBerry needs to come up with a proper high-end full touch successor in early 2015 or this market segment will need to be re-set. The Z3 LTE is not it.
    07-28-14 02:57 PM
    The Z3 LTE either needs to be rock-bottom cheap, or the specs need to be massively improved otherwise it will be another slaughter. I just don't see them beefing it up to be better than the Z30 in every way, and it makes no sense for them to put out a similarly-specced phone for a similar price.
    You're so right. BlackBerry has to stop over pricing their phones. Going by the specs this should be a $250 phone. At that price I think it would sell very well. It certainly looks good and at the right price would attract a lot of people.

The Z30 is your high-end full touch Blackberry for 2014. That's just how it is. To me, it's a massive upgrade over the Z10. Just feel it in your hand and use it for a few days (where it will actually last past 2PM without a charge) and you'll see. Numbers are for engineers and statisticians, the real world is what matters to the consumer.
    Right again. The Z30 is all we're getting for 2014. It isn't right for me to upgrade from my Z10, because I want 1080p and beefed-up specs, but that is what there is for now.

That said. I do agree BlackBerry needs to come up with a proper high-end full touch successor in early 2015 or this market segment will need to be re-set. The Z3 LTE is not it.
    I think that spring is about the latest that BlackBerry can afford to wait. Beyond that people will start getting tempted by other devices. I know I will.

mnc76 and kfh227 like this.
    07-28-14 04:21 PM
    Men stay calm... the z30 is still great... the z3 LTE will replace the z10... and next year there will be a better 5.2 inch phone with fill HD Screen and touch only I think
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-28-14 04:28 PM
    Men stay calm... the z30 is still great... the z3 LTE will replace the z10... and next year there will be a better 5.2 inch phone with fill HD Screen and touch only I think
    I don't think the Z3 LTE is an upgrade of of the Z10 in terms of specs. The specs are about the same or lower.

I'm also not sure where you're her this information about a 5.2" phone with full HD. That certainly hasn't been announced and I haven't seen any concrete rumors either.

07-28-14 06:15 PM
    I don't get why people keep referring to the Z3 (or z3 lte) as any sort of upgrade to the z10.

It has significantly worst specs on multiple fronts including:

Slower cpu speed,
    Half a gigabyte less RAM memory,
    8 gigabytes less internal storage,
    Lower megapixel camera,
    Lower display resolution (less pixels),
    Lower display sharpness (lower ppi).

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:52 AM
    Not the z3 LTE Dude
    07-29-14 05:54 AM
    Not the z3 LTE Dude
    You're right, it does have some better specs than the plain Z3.

But, it's still no upgrade to the z10. Being as good as (or worst) than the z10 on some specs doesn't count as an upgrade for me.

For me, each spec needs to be at least as good with the majority being significantly better, (and no spec should be worst) otherwise it's a waste of my money (e.g.: why spend money to get a phone that performs the essentially the same way your current phone performs? What do you gain from that?)

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:04 AM
    Nope :

It has a greater Screen, more MHz and a better Battery... so why not Upgrade?!
    07-29-14 06:09 AM
    I don't get why people keep referring to the Z3 (or z3 lte) as any sort of upgrade to the z10.

It has significantly worst specs on multiple fronts including:

Slower cpu speed,
    Half a gigabyte less RAM memory,
    8 gigabytes less internal storage,
    Lower megapixel camera,
    Lower display resolution (less pixels),
    Lower display sharpness (lower ppi).

Posted via CB10
    That's certainly what I'm thinking based on what I've read of the specs.

07-29-14 09:35 AM
    Nope :

It has a greater Screen, more MHz and a better Battery... so why not Upgrade?!
    Except that it doesn't have a better screen, and the chip is lower end.

DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-29-14 09:37 AM
    Excited to see the P'9983 is closer to a reality. Miss the P'9981.

Hopefully will be released sooner rather than later in HK. And it seems the screen is slightly larger than the Q10. Nice.
    07-29-14 11:59 PM
    Good Morning everyone I hope you are doing well.

I'm reading that a lot of people are so annoyed that BlackBerry continue to release Dual Core devices and say that those specs are so 2013 and quad core is the future.

So I ask my self a question, what is a popular device out there that no -one complains about (that I've heard of) that also has a dual core processor? And I come to a very quick conclusion.

Iphone 5s it comes with a massive 1GB RAM and a very fast 1.3ghz Dual core processor. But I never hear of people saying ah this stupid thing is so slow. Iphones are fast and powerful.

I think BlackBerry should not play the spec game like Android do but rather focus on producing devices that a very well built, quick and efficient. For me, my Q5 with its 1.2ghz processor has not shown any lag or slowing down, the whole time I have been using it.

Personally I'm all for an adreno 330 graphics card for all the latest games but wouldn't you rather pay $200 less for a Dual-Core that runs almost the same speed as a Quad-core when texting, taking video, doing E-mails, browsing your blog /websites??

This is obviously just my opinion on the matter. I don't mind if my phone has a dual or quad processor or has 1 or 10 Gigs or RAM as long as it runs smoothly. I'm happy
    smart548 likes this.
    07-30-14 04:10 AM
    Good comparison with the IPhone the only thing you must think of is, that Android is in the Background on BlackBerry devices... so you need power
    Matty likes this.
    07-30-14 04:15 AM
    If true those specs are just silly. Another device from BlackBerry that is years behind the competition.

Typical of BlackBerry to release a device that doesn't stack up the competition but to charge a similar price as those other devices.

That's very disappointing. This isn't going to bring anyone back to BlackBerry and I'd even say that more people will be jumping ship if there isn't a solid touch device for them by Spring 2015.

Yet, on paper, better than iphone....

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 03:06 PM
    I think Z3 is prettier than Z30.
    Fixed that for you
    07-30-14 03:27 PM
    I'm reading that a lot of people are so annoyed that BlackBerry continue to release Dual Core devices and say that those specs are so 2013 and quad core is the future.
    There is a lot of spec boners on tech sites and it's a losing battle trying to explain it. Some people just like to brag about specs for specs' sake and want to have the latest and greatest, even if there aren't apps that push the new specs to their limit to help them in their daily lives. Software tuning is critical, regardless of hardware.

Iphone 5s it comes with a massive 1GB RAM and a very fast 1.3ghz Dual core processor. But I never hear of people saying ah this stupid thing is so slow. Iphones are fast and powerful.
    Me either. In fact, when I look at my devices, the Quad Core Kindle Fire HDX tablet is the one that suffers from lag constantly while my dual core iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, Z10 and Lumia 1020 don't have anywhere near the lag as the fire.
    Matty and LuvULongTime like this.
    07-30-14 03:30 PM
    That's certainly what I'm thinking based on what I've read of the specs.
    8 GB of storage is so limiting for me. The Z10 doesn't have enough app storage for me as it is.
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-30-14 03:35 PM
    8 GB of storage is so limiting for me. The Z10 doesn't have enough app storage for me as it is.
    Yeah.

And--as awesome as the Z30 is--the low PPI screen is noticeable (for me) compared to my Z10 and especially my friend's Galaxy S5 I've been playing with.

(love everything else about the Z30, btw)

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-30-14 09:38 PM
    Yeah.

And--as awesome as the Z30 is--the low PPI screen is noticeable (for me) compared to my Z10 and especially my friend's Galaxy S5 I've been playing with.

(love everything else about the Z30, btw)

Posted via CB10
    The lower resolution has the big benefit of longer battery life please don't forget
    07-31-14 01:19 AM
    I'm so loving this Porsche BlackBerry khan/claasic/Q10. Not sure if it will have toolbelt or not. But please for the love of god fix the double typing issue. I would totally by this as a Christmas gift to myself

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 01:59 AM
    The Porsche BlackBerrys need a lower price... then they would be nice )
    07-31-14 04:13 AM
    Seems to me, this is a play to enterprises that still provide devices to their employees. Modern OS and UI for mid range price. Consumers can opt for the high end devices, I think companies will be more than happy to buy these by the box full, distribute to their employees and save a ton per device vs supplying S5's and iP6's. Big screen, big battery, hundreds less. Not to mention far better integration if going with BES10/12.
    The Samsung Galaxy SIII is only ~150 USD new on eBay. Enterprise doesn't have to buy the latest or flagship model and the Z3 LTE at 400 USD is a nonexistent bargain or overpriced by more than 150 USD.

A lot of corporations that actually want mass savings have gone with low end Windows Phone. They aren't interested in paying more than 150 USD a phone and, in all honesty, a lot of 100 USD phones can now get most jobs done.

There is a lot of spec boners on tech sites and it's a losing battle trying to explain it. Some people just like to brag about specs for specs' sake and want to have the latest and greatest, even if there aren't apps that push the new specs to their limit to help them in their daily lives. Software tuning is critical, regardless of hardware.
    I'm confident Android apps running on the Android runtime must be tuned perfectly for BB10.

The argument may be valid if BB10 actually had more efficient performance than Android; but, that has never been true with its demanding RAM requirements and is even less true now that Blackberry has become reliant on the Android ecosystem. B10 should have better specs than comparable Android devices.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 07-31-14 at 05:30 AM.
    07-31-14 05:18 AM
110 12345