08-11-14 09:43 PM
110 123 ...
tools
    Via @N4_BB

-manitoba-khan-700x434.jpg

BlackBerry will be releasing four devices in 2014. These include the BlackBerry Classic, Passport and two others with codenames Khan, Manitoba. Thus far, weve seen quite a lot of coverage on the Classic and Passport. However, little is known about the Khan and Manitoba.

There have been inaccurate reports on the Manitoba, which pegged it as a high-end all-touch. We can confirm this to not be true in the least bit. BlackBerry has already publicly stated there will be a Z3 LTE device. We can confirm that the Manitoba is the Z3 LTE.

Z3 LTE (Manitoba) Specs:

• 5-inch touch screen

• 2 GB RAM

• Dual-core 1.7 GHz CPU

But wait, these specs seem vastly familiar. Thats because the Z3 LTE a.k.a. Manitoba features similar specs as the BlackBerry Z30, but will be in a Z3-like form factor. The only difference in form factor from the original Z3 is the back, which features a different camera placement in a glass strip across the top (similar to the Bold 9900). Were told the price target for the Manitoba is under $400 USD.

Sadly, this reiterates our sentiment that BlackBerry has distanced itself from the high-end all-touch device market, at least for 2014. Dont expect a Z50″ style device any time soon.

The next device we havent heard much about is the BlackBerry Khan. It will likely be called the P9983. The Khan will essentially be a BlackBerry Classic with a sexy Porsche Design form factor and a little better specs.

BlackBerry P9983 (Khan) Specs:

• 3.5-inch touchscreen

• 3 GB RAM

• Dual-core 1.7 GHz CPU

• 64GB Memory

Were told the Khan will have a form factor of carbon and steel. Think of it as a more aggressive looking P9981. Its like a stealth fighter jet. Price target is $2,000+ USD with availability before Christmas 2014.
    yhamaie, merli001 and tryfe like this.
    07-25-14 03:18 AM
    A little bit disappointed..

Khan: just dual?

Manitoba: Z3 LTE? Not Z50

No Signature today...
    07-25-14 03:31 AM
    Hmm more speculation.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-25-14 03:37 AM
    07-25-14 03:39 AM
    So pretty much everything that has been speculated here on the CB forums already and nothing really new? Got it.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 03:46 AM
    The BlackBerry Khan is real with Porsche design and Manitoba too.

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    07-25-14 05:23 AM
    If true, I like BlackBerry's methodical approach to hardware implementation. Build on strength (Qwerty) and refresh/update the mid range first. This is absolutely necessary and to be competitive, the mid range device needs to be under (not at) $400 dollars. The high end is flashy but mid range is the future. The days of everyone paying $700 plus for a phone are over. And not just for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 05:52 AM
    Bringing out of "New" device that has the same specs as the old device which is now dated specs, is really clever Blackberry. What a way to win over the Android and iOS users as you don't get progress like that from those 2.
    07-25-14 06:10 AM
    So basically drop the 0 off the Z30, repackage, and that's it.... well hopefully they improve it in some way. Not really wanting Z10 owners to give then money for an upgraded device from the looks of things. I didn't upgrade to the Z30 because of the high cost to low gains over the Z10, and it looks like they still don't want my money. Thanks for converting me to all touch BlackBerry with the Z10 and the PlayBook then ignoring those segments after that.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    07-25-14 06:58 AM
    Can't be right... Manitoba.. 400usd?? sry that's insane...

No Signature today...
    07-25-14 07:04 AM
    Guess I'm sticking with the Z30 longer than I expected. Good thing the Z30 is the best I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:19 AM
    If true, I like BlackBerry's methodical approach to hardware implementation. Build on strength (Qwerty) and refresh/update the mid range first. This is absolutely necessary and to be competitive, the mid range device needs to be under (not at) $400 dollars. The high end is flashy but mid range is the future. The days of everyone paying $700 plus for a phone are over. And not just for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    To be competitive you have to be competitive.....

I still see plenty of flashy high end devices out there. And what BlackBerry may call mid-range is not the same as what others call mid-range. So a buyer would need to see additional value in BB10 to get them to pay more for less. Without an ecosystem I don't see that happening with consumers, without stability I'm not sure it will even happen with business.
    07-25-14 07:24 AM
    Z3 is prettier than Z30.
    Heinz Katchup, walt63 and smart548 like this.
    07-25-14 09:02 AM
    Z3 is prettier than Z30.
    Don't think so...

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    BB_Junky and leehardballer12 like this.
    07-25-14 10:46 AM
    LTE Z3

Clap. Clap.

Yawn....

Sad...

07-25-14 10:48 AM
    Z3 is prettier than Z30.
    I think so too

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    07-25-14 10:58 AM
    Guess I'm sticking with the Z30 longer than I expected. Good thing the Z30 is the best I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.... the Z30 is amazing!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-25-14 10:59 AM
    LTE Z3

Clap. Clap.

Yawn....

Sad...

I welcome the Z3 LTE. I like the look of it...BBRY really optimized the real estate on it compared to the Z10/30.

I found my next device.

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex likes this.
    07-25-14 11:02 AM
    Seems to me, this is a play to enterprises that still provide devices to their employees. Modern OS and UI for mid range price. Consumers can opt for the high end devices, I think companies will be more than happy to buy these by the box full, distribute to their employees and save a ton per device vs supplying S5's and iP6's. Big screen, big battery, hundreds less. Not to mention far better integration if going with BES10/12.

This seems like a smart play when you consider the market Berry wants and when you consider that 30% of enterprise still provides devices, I expect to see a lot Z3's walking the streets by this time next year.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    07-25-14 11:09 AM
    We need to replace the Z10 but with another BB all touch, sample Z10 II or Z10i or Z10x etc etc, but with more RAM 3gb and more storage 32gb or more, Radio FM, Rear Camera 13mp, Miracast, 4g LTE in all models and yes!! Removable Battery. Come on Keep Moving and still waiting!!
    07-25-14 11:14 AM
    Seems to me, this is a play to enterprises that still provide devices to their employees. Modern OS and UI for mid range price. Consumers can opt for the high end devices, I think companies will be more than happy to buy these by the box full, distribute to their employees and save a ton per device vs supplying S5's and iP6's. Big screen, big battery, hundreds less. Not to mention far better integration if going with BES10/12.

This seems like a smart play when you consider the market Berry wants and when you consider that 30% of enterprise still provides devices, I expect to see a lot Z3's walking the streets by this time next year.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I agree that BES will be the driving factor for all of the future BlackBerries.. But that's the BIG issue, are business keeping or more importantly returning to BES???? Other than federal government (local/state has already moved on), I know of very few BES Shops anymore - compared to dozens a few years ago. And unlike the article about the business guy that wants his BlackBerry back, when people talk to me about my BlackBerry... I don't get the feeling that they miss not having one.

And while yes the Z3 will be cheaper than the S5 or the iP6.... so will the S4 and the iP5s. And then, how much are business paying for S5's and iP6's? Depending on carrier, volume discounts, price might not be a factor.

What I really don't understand is if BES12 is what enterprise has told Chen they have been waiting for. Why doesn't Chen have the hardware in place to match the launch of BES12? Maybe the same enterprise people he talked with also said all they wanted was a QWERTY device?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-25-14 11:48 AM
    *angry look on face*
    ....Khaaaaan!...Khaaan!!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 11:52 AM
    I agree that BES will be the driving factor for all of the future BlackBerries.. But that's the BIG issue, are business keeping or more importantly returning to BES???? Other than federal government (local/state has already moved on), I know of very few BES Shops anymore - compared to dozens a few years ago. And unlike the article about the business guy that wants his BlackBerry back, when people talk to me about my BlackBerry... I don't get the feeling that they miss not having one.

And while yes the Z3 will be cheaper than the S5 or the iP6.... so will the S4 and the iP5s. And then, how much are business paying for S5's and iP6's? Depending on carrier, volume discounts, price might not be a factor.

What I really don't understand is if BES12 is what enterprise has told Chen they have been waiting for. Why doesn't Chen have the hardware in place to match the launch of BES12? Maybe the same enterprise people he talked with also said all they wanted was a QWERTY device?
    I think the first part of your response is anecdotal and could be a factor of where you are located vs where I am. I have spoken to several IT guys that are BES10 now and have been issuing Q's and Z's. Employees like them as well (certainly more that the old BBOS devices). The point I get told is IT managers would rather the newer hardware vs older hardware and they also care very little about what the employee thinks is "cool". Based on that anecdotal info one could argue it matters that BlackBerry can offer a new device for less or same $ vs older devices from more consumer centric brands. I have also spoken to some other IT folks that are currently not using BES but are pushing hard for it, for the simple reason they feel it will make their life easier. Those same IT guys are in a BYOD enviroment and they are pulling their hair out trying to manage it.

I also think there is plenty of hardware in place for the launch of BES12, so not sure why you are saying what you are. They have 2 touch devices, 2 qwerty and 2 more qwerty as well as one more touch to launch before year end. How many more devices do you feel they need in the enterprise space? I won't argue there is a gap in the horizon for high end all touch, but let's be honest BlackBerry has made the message clear, the near future is about the enterprise play, and this Z3 appears to be a good move (which is what my original point was). Not saying it won't have competition or be dismissed by some (even many), but dismissing it entirely would be just as foolish in thinking the Z3 is the only play in this space.

The specs noted IMO are in a perfect sweet spot for enterprise issued devices.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    iamagod, sidhuk and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-25-14 12:15 PM
    07-25-14 12:20 PM
    They're both real. That was never really in question, the names and info have been in the OS' for months now. The confusion surrounding what, exactly the Manitoba was/is is where things got loopy. People blew it out of proportion and ran with the monstrous specs when in reality, it never was a magical unicorn and Khan has been floated about for months now as a revamped Porsche Design Q10 along with various other revision names but if the info is correct, then it should be a revamped Classic instead, which seems odd given the history of the Porsche Design devices but whatever.

07-25-14 12:25 PM
110 123 ...