09-26-13 12:03 AM
73 123
tools
    Well, Damn it, all to hell!!! I was looking forward to grabbing the Z30. Now with this distant "O Device"... I'm pumped about the rumors & speculation anyhow. More RAM = Bigger battery, at very least. This phone is sounding pretty damn good. I hope they can stave off or tread water until this thing becomes a reality. I'm getting the Z30 anyways, but I sincerely hope BB has a plan and aren't just throwing random specs on a sheet to gain some traction. As FF11 stated above, the Nov. sale deadline is a big cloud looming. Meh, Time will tell... Go BB!!!
    Geeoff likes this.
    09-17-13 03:20 PM
    If these other devices are still fat off won't 1440 displays be more common place?

720*2=1440

That sounds like simple scaling to me but I don't understand it so lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:49 PM
    The fact that BlackBerry seeks a sale by November looms like a large, dark, swirling cloud over what is otherwise a fantastic rumor.
    Only if you take one single rumour to be a fact rather than just a simple rumour.
    09-17-13 06:16 PM
    If these other devices are still fat off won't 1440 displays be more common place?

720*2=1440

That sounds like simple scaling to me but I don't understand it so lol.
    If it is far enough off, maybe that is what we will see from the next high-end Q device, you can't really see the next high-end all-touch being anything other than 1080p though as it is too mainstream a resolution for them to feel they needed to leapfrog it.
    09-17-13 06:18 PM
    Can you explain what you mean by this as I am assuming you do not mean to indicate that the 2x button was a good job because that was a simply horrid approach.
    Don't worry about it

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-17-13 07:42 PM
    Is the Z30 supposed to be the successor to the Z10? Or does anyone think this new O-series will be the new sub 5-inch flagship?
    09-18-13 06:25 AM
    Is the Z30 supposed to be the successor to the Z10? Or does anyone think this new O-series will be the new sub 5-inch flagship?
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the O-Series come out around this time next year. Because the Z10 was actually scheduled to be released Fall 2012, the Z30 can be seen as the Z10's 2013 successor. I think the O-Series will replace et he Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:48 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the O-Series come out around this time next year. Because the Z10 was actually scheduled to be released Fall 2012, the Z30 can be seen as the Z10's 2013 successor. I think the O-Series will replace the Z30.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:49 AM
    I think we are done with a sub 5" flagship product in the short term, until they are in the position to put a 1080p display on a new device with a 4.5" or smaller display then there is not an immediate need for them to upgrade that model and indeed it would not surprise me if the z30 hangs around for a lot less time than the z10 as it is going to be the one directly replaced when the o-series comes out.
    09-18-13 08:09 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the O-Series come out around this time next year. Because the Z10 was actually scheduled to be released Fall 2012, the Z30 can be seen as the Z10's 2013 successor.
    While this might have been the original reason for the timing, I would not be surprised if they stick with a 9 month schedule for new high-end all-touch models and we see the next one more like June/July time, doing that kind of cycle instead of a yearly refresh would help them be a bit closer to the high end for specs without needing to update mid-project which would only cause problems and delays.
    09-18-13 08:11 AM
    While this might have been the original reason for the timing, I would not be surprised if they stick with a 9 month schedule for new high-end all-touch models and we see the next one more like June/July time, doing that kind of cycle instead of a yearly refresh would help them be a bit closer to the high end for specs without needing to update mid-project which would only cause problems and delays.
    So far I've heard a spring release for the O series phone which I believe is internally also known as Ontario.
    09-18-13 11:42 PM
    So far I've heard a spring release for the O series phone which I believe is internally also known as Ontario.
    It's spring now.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-19-13 11:07 AM
    It's spring now.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    I think he means spring in the northern hemisphere.

Sent from my Q10
    mathking606 likes this.
    09-19-13 11:22 AM
    It's spring now.

Pretty sure its Winter from now on for Blackberry. Don't count on any new devices!
    09-20-13 10:31 PM
    So I am guessing this is the phone that will be canceled now BB will only have 4 phones at a time.
    09-21-13 12:46 AM
    Too many devices when you struggle to survive and try to make people acknowledge your new OS is a poor idea. Blackberry should focus on 3- maximum 4 devices: 2 top (all touch/physical keyboard), an entry level like Q5 and maybe a slider...
    I think a Z30 and a Q30 sporting 4.5/5" screen and a smaller 3.1" Q5 should be enough.
    Get rid of BB7 legacy devices that only confuse people and still give a wrong image of the company (old software on obsolete hardware when BB10 is really a fantastic upgrade from BB7).
    Focus on few products, keep a decent price (200 to 450 euro/270 to 600$ top), build Blackberry software appstore on top notch quality and be sure to have the 1000 must have apps (just look on android and apple stores to learn from more experienced OSs).
    I believe in Blackberry and can't imagine it going out of business now that they've built a great environment.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 06:07 AM
    Too many devices when you struggle to survive and try to make people acknowledge your new OS is a poor idea. Blackberry should focus on 3- maximum 4 devices: 2 top (all touch/physical keyboard), an entry level like Q5 and maybe a slider...
    I think a Z30 and a Q30 sporting 4.5/5" screen and a smaller 3.1" Q5 should be enough.
    Get rid of BB7 legacy devices that only confuse people and still give a wrong image of the company (old software on obsolete hardware when BB10 is really a fantastic upgrade from BB7).
    Focus on few products, keep a decent price (200 to 450 euro/270 to 600$ top), build Blackberry software appstore on top notch quality and be sure to have the 1000 must have apps (just look on android and apple stores to learn from more experienced OSs).
    I believe in Blackberry and can't imagine it going out of business now that they've built a great environment.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with most of what you said, but I do think that they need to keep BB7 for now. It is still widely used in some countries, and it brings new *subscribers*, which mean monthly revenues. As well, BB7 has some really cheap options ($10/month) and Blackberry *NEEDS* some cheap options right now. The high end does not have enough volume to sustain them, and BB7 is their only really cheap option.

BTW - I agree with the top 1000 or top 10,000 app argument. I think there should be a new App World that is very small and focused. Too many books and useless programs. And it's hard for consumers to sort through everything.
    09-21-13 07:20 AM
    Anybody know when the Z10 prices will drop becauses of the writedown
    09-21-13 09:23 AM
    I'd give it maybe a month before price-cutting starts to filter its way down.
    09-21-13 09:36 AM
    I think he means spring in the northern hemisphere.

Sent from my Q10
    Yeah, I'm not that stupid.

Buuuuuut, I really don't like it when people say 'Spring' or 'Fall' or whatever... it's like they forgot the bottom half of the globe.
    I know it's tedious, but it's just something that's always bothered me about any international announcement.

Besides... it's 'Autumn'.

Nharzhool likes this.
    09-21-13 12:37 PM
    I agree with most of what you said, but I do think that they need to keep BB7 for now. It is still widely used in some countries, and it brings new *subscribers*, which mean monthly revenues. As well, BB7 has some really cheap options ($10/month) and Blackberry *NEEDS* some cheap options right now. The high end does not have enough volume to sustain them, and BB7 is their only really cheap option.

BTW - I agree with the top 1000 or top 10,000 app argument. I think there should be a new App World that is very small and focused. Too many books and useless programs. And it's hard for consumers to sort through everything.
    Well i understand your point of view and thought about those new subscribers coming from countries where the demand is huge for cheap entry level phones.
    The problem is that one day you'll have to cut with the old BB7. It's particularly unfair to the great BB10 to sustain such an old platform. BB10 should be the only choice and represent the new Blackberry only to get rid of that out of date reputation that sticks to legacy devices.
    I would instead lower as much as possible the Q5 Q10 and Z10 prices to distribute what symbolises more accurately the greatness of the new BB10.
    It's a political mistake imho to keep people confused about what is BlackBerry NOW.
    Be bold, kill what almost dragged you down and show everybody what you really trust as the platform of the future, because BB10 is really a top notch OS. (and if they talk of niche market and 'prosumers' i don't see BB7 as a fitting OS for that kind of new orientation..at least i hope so)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 09-21-13 at 03:47 PM.
    09-21-13 03:14 PM
    i just want a slider phone... thats it
    09-25-13 11:33 PM
    It already is!
    Bought mine for 629, right now you caan buy it outright, off contract, for 299...
    I'm from Belgium...
    09-26-13 12:03 AM
73 123