09-26-13 01:03 AM
73 123
tools
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens on the 18th...
    09-16-13 03:21 PM
    In December a newer version of QNX will be announced (the QNX 10). It will be the basis for BlackBerry 11(or 10.3). Changes:
    • New Cascades based on Qt 5
    • Full Support for Quad Core Processors
    • Improvements to the Android Runtime(i dont know what they will do)
    • Support for fullHD displays
    • Introduction of M2M features
    • OpenGL ES 3.0
    • New Toast notifications
    • Quick Toggles
    How do you know this? Any links?
    09-16-13 03:44 PM
    What kinds of M2M features.
    09-16-13 03:50 PM
    I was wondering the same *shift zee eyes*.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-16-13 06:33 PM
    I was wondering the same *shift zee eyes*.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5

The last I saw many months ago, the O series and the K series (no pun intended) were Z and Q replacements..

Just to put minds at rest, Z and Q devices will get OS updates into at least 10.5
    09-16-13 06:44 PM
    Mobile Computing, Advanced NFC functionality
    09-17-13 05:19 AM
    Mobile Computing, Advanced NFC functionality
    Mobile computing is a broad term. What does it mean to BlackBerry?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-17-13 07:24 AM
    Mobile computing is a broad term. What does it mean to BlackBerry?
    Exactly I don't know.
    09-17-13 08:06 AM
    Apple did a good job of up scaling from iPhone to iPad though, it would be interesting to see if bbry tries the same.
    Can you explain what you mean by this as I am assuming you do not mean to indicate that the 2x button was a good job because that was a simply horrid approach.
    09-17-13 08:06 AM
    I hope you're right! In the thread about the mystery event taking place in Malaysia, Kris shared a photo with potential specs for the O-Series. The first spec on the list was a 5" 1080p screen. Knowing BBRY specifically said that there will not be any 1080p devices, I became skeptical. But if what you say is true and there is an algorithm that will take care of the screen-problem, then maybe Kris's photo isn't false.
    They never said never, but it is clearly something they would communicate to devs prior to launch as they would want apps to get updates.
    09-17-13 08:07 AM
    As for the O Series will have 3 or 4 GB of RAM
    I would not expect this to be the case, they are clearly going to stick with 2GB for as long as possible since they still have to support the older devices that have that amount.
    09-17-13 08:10 AM
    Those are baked into the OS code

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:41 AM
    The last I saw many months ago, the O series and the K series (no pun intended) were Z and Q replacements..

Just to put minds at rest, Z and Q devices will get OS updates into at least 10.5
    Woah you sure about that? So hopefully I get all the updates on my Z10 all the way until I get to upgrade. I sure hope you're not just trolling and giving us false hope because I am super pumped for this. And to me, a person is always reliable until proven to be otherwise Thanks for the info.
    09-17-13 09:53 AM

K series is porsche Z10

Your thinking O and T

Posted via CB10
    BerryManUK85 likes this.
    09-17-13 10:06 AM
    What will be the new toast notifications, I wonder.

09-17-13 10:15 AM
    I would not expect this to be the case, they are clearly going to stick with 2GB for as long as possible since they still have to support the older devices that have that amount.
    The higher RAM wouldn't change the operation in any way that would make older devices obsolete. It would allow more apps to be open simultaneously, though.

I am doubtful about this particular spec, however. It would mean moving to a 64-bit OS and that wouldn't be trivial.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    09-17-13 10:15 AM
    Woah you sure about that? So hopefully I get all the updates on my Z10 all the way until I get to upgrade. I sure hope you're not just trolling and giving us false hope because I am super pumped for this. And to me, a person is always reliable until proven to be otherwise Thanks for the info.
    Apart from the devices that Kris corrected me on, yes Z and Q have a long "shelf life" when it comes to updates to the OS. Can only vouch for the roadmap we had pitched not long before I left. Can't guarantee 100% that that hasn't changed now or will in the future. You'll notice as new devices are launched, they come with a new OS build.. that's on purpose to help with timings and feature development. The underlaying architecture doesn't actually change much between the OS revisions.
    09-17-13 10:18 AM
    What will be the new toast notifications, I wonder.

Cinnamon toasts probably? The one the patent was filed for recently? Idk...

Via my Zormtrooper...
    09-17-13 10:25 AM
    Apart from the devices that Kris corrected me on, yes Z and Q have a long "shelf life" when it comes to updates to the OS. Can only vouch for the roadmap we had pitched not long before I left. Can't guarantee 100% that that hasn't changed now or will in the future. You'll notice as new devices are launched, they come with a new OS build.. that's on purpose to help with timings and feature development. The underlaying architecture doesn't actually change much between the OS revisions.
    You were made redundant?

09-17-13 10:26 AM
    You were made redundant?

No, I left to pursue a change in career
    09-17-13 11:54 AM
    I hope that isn't code for "I saw a sinking ship and jumped"
    09-17-13 11:58 AM
    Which part of BlackBerry did you work in?

Did you sign an NDA?

09-17-13 12:01 PM
    Which part of BlackBerry did you work in?

Did you sign an NDA?

The NDA expires after a certain period of time, and I've only ever shared what isn't or ever has been company confidencial. And before anyone says, letters of potential devices doesn't count .
    I worked on the Z. I actually regret going, as locally in my team I was the only one who was actually 100% committed to the new platform and getting the customer experience right. Still am, just I can't do anything about it now lol.
    Not to refute the company, but they have a bad habit of letting good people go, and keeping the ones that can talk the talk to keep their jobs.
    09-17-13 12:10 PM
    I hope you're right! In the thread about the mystery event taking place in Malaysia, Kris shared a photo with potential specs for the O-Series. The first spec on the list was a 5" 1080p screen. Knowing BBRY specifically said that there will not be any 1080p devices, I became skeptical. But if what you say is true and there is an algorithm that will take care of the screen-problem, then maybe Kris's photo isn't false.
    Yes there is an algorithm. And it is trivial.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 01:49 PM
    The fact that BlackBerry seeks a sale by November looms like a large, dark, swirling cloud over what is otherwise a fantastic rumor.

I hope we get to see the O-Series based upon QNX 11 and a slightly redesigned BlackBerry 10, one which attracts consumers, not just corporate customers. I hope they add in some features that tie into the company's mobile computing goal and things never before seen in mobile.

BlackBerry should start taking some chances and hopefully this will be the device to do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:35 PM
73 123