10-01-13 06:26 AM
54 123
tools
    Ohhhh.. now I understand. Nothing new. Got it.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    08-06-13 09:33 PM
    Great, a plethora of devices once again which will end up causing confusion on the average fella.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    **Great, a plethora of devices once again making me want to buy each and every one.
    08-06-13 09:33 PM
    I will be buying the Q30
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    08-06-13 09:42 PM
    Interesting find, especially about the Z5... though this is hardly a confirmation of anything as even the PlayBook is listed as being able to run BB10 which we know is not happening.

BBRY can and do change things...

From my sources at BlackBerry, there will be two Z models, two Q, the "flagship" (Porsche design/King) and something else.
    08-06-13 09:44 PM
    Great, a plethora of devices once again which will end up causing confusion on the average fella.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    All seems pretty straight-forward so far. The Porsche Design models are for those with deep pockets and a knack for exclusivity, the Z30 is their phablet-like device (though it could be argued it isn't phablet-sized, but for argument's sake bear with me), the Z10 is their smaller (Possibly lower-end? We'll have to wait on Z30 pricing to draw conclusions) full-touch, the Q10 is their high-end QWERTY, and the Q5 is their low-end QWERTY.

So, from what we know for sure so far (though there are other series names being thrown around, but since we don't know anything about them I'm excluding them for now), we have the following lineup:

Super-high-end full-touch, phablet, small full-touch.
    High-end QWERTY, low-end QWERTY.

Moreover, most consumers may never find out about the Porsche Design model, since it won't be offered by carriers and won't be heavily advertised, if at all. So it should be pretty straight-forward.

Now, having said that, they promised a six-device lineup. I don't know if this includes the Porsche Design (I doubt they counted that, too low-volume) or the Bold 9720 (which, by the way, slots in nicely below the Q5 but will most likely end up sold only in certain markets), but assuming neither one counts, that does still leave room for two devices that could potentially end up confusing consumers if they play their cards wrong. I'm hoping they don't, but we'll have to wait and find out.
    08-06-13 09:46 PM
    Hard to be a rumour when it's in the files
    Kris... what aren't you telling us?!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    08-06-13 09:50 PM
    All seems pretty straight-forward so far. The Porsche Design models are for those with deep pockets and a knack for exclusivity, the Z30 is their phablet-like device (though it could be argued it isn't phablet-sized, but for argument's sake bear with me), the Z10 is their smaller (Possibly lower-end? We'll have to wait on Z30 pricing to draw conclusions) full-touch, the Q10 is their high-end QWERTY, and the Q5 is their low-end QWERTY.

So, from what we know for sure so far (though there are other series names being thrown around, but since we don't know anything about them I'm excluding them for now), we have the following lineup:

Super-high-end full-touch, phablet, small full-touch.
    High-end QWERTY, low-end QWERTY.

Moreover, most consumers may never find out about the Porsche Design model, since it won't be offered by carriers and won't be heavily advertised, if at all. So it should be pretty straight-forward.

Now, having said that, they promised a six-device lineup. I don't know if this includes the Porsche Design (I doubt they counted that, too low-volume) or the Bold 9720 (which, by the way, slots in nicely below the Q5 but will most likely end up sold only in certain markets), but assuming neither one counts, that does still leave room for two devices that could potentially end up confusing consumers if they play their cards wrong. I'm hoping they don't, but we'll have to wait and find out.
    Pretty sure BBRY promised a six device BB10 line-up... Have to check.
    08-06-13 09:51 PM
    Pretty sure BBRY promised a six device BB10 line-up... Have to check.
    During the last earnings call, the wording was "six new devices on the market at any time", but earlier this year the CMO said they were planning six BB10 devices over the course of the year, so I wasn't sure whether or not to include the 9720.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    08-06-13 09:54 PM
    STK = King series = porsche bb10

Posted via CB10
    Really? Damn... hopes of a larger Q-series devices, shot in the face...
    08-06-13 10:07 PM
    During the last earnings call, the wording was "six new devices on the market at any time", but earlier this year the CMO said they were planning six BB10 devices over the course of the year, so I wasn't sure whether or not to include the 9720.
    Thanks for clarifying, I thought I'd heard "six BB10" but was unsure.
    08-06-13 10:09 PM
    STK = King series = porsche bb10

Posted via CB10
    Now that is some interesting logic. Q5 = mid range qwerty. Z5 = mega expensive touch device.

I still hope for a mid range touch device though, whatever it they decide to call it.
    08-06-13 10:14 PM
    Now that is some interesting logic. Q5 = mid range qwerty. Z5 = mega expensive touch device.

I still hope for a mid range touch device though, whatever it they decide to call it.
    I've no idea why it's even referred to as the Z5 in the files, seeing as the last Porsche Design device didn't follow BlackBerry naming conventions - it had a Porsche Design name, the P'9981. I would expect this one to follow suit, but I guess we'll have to wait till launch to find out.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-06-13 10:15 PM
    Kris... what aren't you telling us?!

That it's not a rumour since its already built in the os with those devices in mind, maybe?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 05:17 AM
    Really? Damn... hopes of a larger Q-series devices, shot in the face...
    It seems a likely option for next year though, it would have the advantages of a slider without the downsides of a thicker device or increased mechanical failure from the sliding mechanism.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    08-07-13 08:59 AM
    It seems a likely option for next year though, it would have the advantages of a slider without the downsides of a thicker device or increased mechanical failure from the sliding mechanism.
    The successor to the Q10 should be a classic qwerty, no slider. The screen should be expanded to 3.5-3.6 inches maximum. Resolution should 960X720. All these calls for 5 inch screen on the iconic qwerty is rubbish. The balance of the phone would be all of with a 4-5 inch screen. One hand use would be compromised on just about all levels. 3.5-3.6 is the sweet spot for the form factor. This is the phone that needs to be built for 2014. Keep the 3.1 inch 720x720 to the mid and lower tier markets for the classic qwertys
    08-07-13 11:29 AM
    The successor to the Q10 should be a classic qwerty, no slider. The screen should be expanded to 3.5-3.6 inches maximum. Resolution should 960X720. All these calls for 5 inch screen on the iconic qwerty is rubbish. The balance of the phone would be all of with a 4-5 inch screen. One hand use would be compromised on just about all levels. 3.5-3.6 is the sweet spot for the form factor. This is the phone that needs to be built for 2014. Keep the 3.1 inch 720x720 to the mid and lower tier markets for the classic qwertys
    The resolution of all physical KB BlackBerry phones has been set at 720x720 so a screen much bigger than 3.3 inches wouldn't be possible unless the resolution was increased. Something BlackBerry aren't going to do.
    08-07-13 11:42 AM
    The resolution of all physical KB BlackBerry phones has been set at 720x720 so a screen much bigger than 3.3 inches wouldn't be possible unless the resolution was increased. Something BlackBerry aren't going to do.
    Of course blackberry is going to introduce new resolutions and screen sizes to developers in 2014. The resolution have been set for 2013, not the future. One guaranteed new resolution will be for 1080p all touch device. BB needs to keep pushing the qwerty forward. More screen real estate should be a given for the qwerty next year.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    08-07-13 12:07 PM
    Of course blackberry is going to introduce new resolutions and screen sizes to developers in 2014. The resolution have been set for 2013, not the future. One guaranteed new resolution will be for 1080p all touch device. BB needs to keep pushing the qwerty forward. More screen real estate should be a given for the qwerty next year.
    They'll definitively have to change up the standard resolutions in the near future to keep up with the competition. I reckon 1080x1080 would be the logical next-step for QWERTY devices - if they can at least maintain the same aspect ratios as before, I think they'll be able to keep app developers pretty happy.
    Brutal Efficiency likes this.
    08-07-13 12:17 PM
    They'll definitively have to change up the standard resolutions in the near future to keep up with the competition. I reckon 1080x1080 would be the logical next-step for QWERTY devices - if they can at least maintain the same aspect ratios as before, I think they'll be able to keep app developers pretty happy.
    I like to see them get away from 1:1 aspect ratio for the high end qwerty. One disappointment I have with the q10 is the video playback being black boxed on you tube. I want to enjoy the whole screen when viewing a video like I did on my 9900. I believe a 4:3 ration would work here I want the successor in 2104 to be taken to the next level. High quality finish and materials, take the qwerty to higher level. A great power device on all fronts
    08-07-13 12:36 PM
    I like to see them get away from 1:1 aspect ratio for the high end qwerty. One disappointment I have with the q10 is the video playback being black boxed on you tube. I want to enjoy the whole screen when viewing a video like I did on my 9900. I believe a 4:3 ration would work here I want the successor in 2104 to be taken to the next level. High quality finish and materials, take the qwerty to higher level. A great power device on all fronts
    Getting away from the 1:1 ratio would be great for the consumer, yes, but I fear it'll cause a lot of issues with third-party apps unless they can somehow cram in the 16:9 ratio from their full-touch devices. 4:3 would be easier to fit on the device, but with 4:3 you suddenly have an aspect ratio that not a single app on BlackBerry World supports, and as we all know the app gap is a major issue for the platform.
    08-07-13 12:41 PM
    Getting away from the 1:1 ratio would be great for the consumer, yes, but I fear it'll cause a lot of issues with third-party apps unless they can somehow cram in the 16:9 ratio from their full-touch devices. 4:3 would be easier to fit on the device, but with 4:3 you suddenly have an aspect ratio that not a single app on BlackBerry World supports, and as we all know the app gap is a major issue for the platform.
    Yeah I'm not sure how that will work, but I was thinking along the same lines as you of the cramming down of the 16:9 ratio. We will wait and see what's next, but a 3.5 inch classic qwerty with a bigger battery 2600-2800 battery, higher specs, great build, and more refined 10.3 or 11 (whatever it will be called by then) OS sounds good to me. I want to see the iconic qwerty pushed to the next level,. Now deliver BB!!!!!
    08-07-13 01:03 PM
    That it's not a rumour since its already built in the os with those devices in mind, maybe?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know that, I'm saying that I think he knows more than he actually wrote/implied in his post. He is, after all, a founding member of the BerryLeaks Team with BBRY connections.

08-07-13 01:14 PM
    There will obviously be a successor to the q10 in time, but the q10 is a workhorse and thus the model does not need to be upgraded as often as the all-touch models so they could easily go with an additional qwerty form factor in between to try and draw in more people in much the same way that the a-series offers something different from the z10. Just think a large screen qwerty by this time next year and in time for Xmas 2014 a more direct upgrade to the q10.
    08-07-13 04:15 PM
    I'm fine with that. As I said this device needs to be ready in 2014. What are your thoughts on the screen size?? I think 3.5-3.6 would be spot on. Your take on the next generation classic qwerty.
    08-07-13 04:31 PM
    Im Mo Green... I have to say I am with LazyEvul on this. I am gunning for the 1080px1080p screen.

I really like the fact that it is a square, and honestly, that makes gesturing really easy as all corners of the phone are incredibly easy to reach. The Q10 is a VERY versatile device.

I would love to see an upgraded version of the Q10 in January. I'm thinking things like Wireless Charging, boosted Camera specs, better USB OTG hardware, and I just hope to god that there will be a convenience key!!!!

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    08-07-13 07:41 PM
54 123