Does anyone wonder of there will ever be a ruggedized Blacberry released? I'm thinking something similar to Casio's G'Zone series of phones. I had one of those phones when they were first released and it was amazing the amount of abuse it could take. The only problem was it was along the line of "I'm big and tough but I'm dumb."

I know the berry would prolly be huge but I kinda like a larger phone and never having to worry amount breaking it would be awesome. Plus, I like having a waterproof phone and texting and e-mailing as I chill out in a hot tub. Anyone else interested?
    04-04-10 11:04 PM
    I hear ya. I have an Otterbox and screen protector, but I'm still paranoid about mucking it up. I would consider it.
    04-04-10 11:42 PM
    04-05-10 12:24 AM
    I'm already running a screen protector and an Otterbox commuter series on my berry. But neither are waterproof and like Mountainman, I'm still worried about goofing my phone up. I'm in the field a lot and my phone had unfortunately been subjected to being tossed around a car as I get busy.

My biggest attraction to the Casio series is the waterproofness of it. Working in the rain is something I hate doing when I have to call my supervisor.
    04-05-10 12:39 AM
    Yep, I've been wanting a "ruggedized" Blackberry for a while, but I admit my ancient 7290 has taken a beating and keeps on working, but it looks like it. There was a guy that posted the idea of a full qwerty flip Blackberry. I know flip phones are out of fashion right now, but having the keyboard and screen fold in on each other (like the LG Lotus) would really keep the important parts intact. That, with being impact resistant and waterproof (or even water resistant) would really appeal to me. I'm going to buy the new "Essex" (Bold 9650?) when it comes out, hopefully it will be as tough as the 7290 is.
    04-08-10 07:08 AM
    I would pay nearly anything for a ruggedized blackberry. I had the first Casio G-Zone and I had it for two years without breaking it. I loved it. Then when I upgraded my work paid for me to get a Blackberry so I got a Storm. I literally went through 4 Blackberry Storms because I just a Storm 2 a few months ago. My lifestyle really needs a ruggedized phone (Mountaineering, backpacking, rock climbing) but my work really needs me to have a Blackberry. I think the Otterbox is nice but it does not provide any waterproof features (I know they say no phone is waterproof but my Casio never had any issues, I even took pictures underwater with it.) I just really think this would be a great move for Blackberry.
    10-30-10 04:59 PM
    I imagine all rim has to do is take the 9300, make the shell more durable and water resistant, and call it the 9400.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD