06-29-14 06:41 PM
61 123
tools
    The labels have to do with how many posts you've made as you see im a newbie if you want another one make more posts
    09-16-13 03:51 PM
    Anyone crack the code yet? Two grand rivers that come together - so best keyboard and best glass slab, sounds like a slider
    09-16-13 09:27 PM
    Not including Ontario, that's three words capitalized so Kevin's hinting at at least 3 devices. Though, I don't think you'd throw "Ontario" in there for nothing so 4 devices in the pipeline?
    Actually you cannot assume there are 4 distinct devices, they might be going with a watery theme and then all 4 are simply regional variants of one or 2 models.
    09-17-13 07:15 AM
    I just hope that BlackBerry doesn't replace its flagship as often next year as it's doing this year. My bank account can't take it.
    You do realise you don't have to buy them all don't you, given the gap between the z10 and z30 (~ 9 months in civilised countries) the odds are that BB are not expecting you to do so.
    09-17-13 07:17 AM
    PS: On a personal note, kindly remove the "Crackberry Abuser" labelling on my profile. It truly doesn't fit my character, personality or image. Thanks for your prompt action. "LABELLING IS NOT A GOOD THING".
    That is an automatic title based on post counts rather than anything else about you, they are pretty much standard on any internet messageboard.
    09-17-13 07:19 AM
    You do realise you don't have to buy them all don't you, given the gap between the z10 and z30 (~ 9 months in civilised countries) the odds are that BB are not expecting you to do so.
    I was just joking

But really, there's a downside to releasing a bunch of devices in a year, especially if they're all high-end.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:01 AM
    Roadmap Poetry-img_00000614.png

Windemere is the one I can't find. There is a Lake Windemere in Australia, but no one cares about Australian Geography.

Roadmap Poetry-img_00000615.png

Can't find anything special about Windemere.

There is a LOT on the internet about WindeRmere with an R... so, if it was a spelling mistake, totally understand and would research, if not, then I am stumped.

Kevin, if you read this, can you give another clue/riddle?

pl0x!!!!

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-17-13 08:41 AM
    Maybe its a "W" model being launched in Asia which is a bit wrong because Malaysia is in west Asia and the two rivers are in east Asia and all he's saying is he wanted to go to the conference. There is also a "legend of windemere" book title "the beginning of a hero" so maybe he thinks there is going to be a saving of BB by some hero anounced in Asia.
    My brain hurts now but good fun.
    09-17-13 08:54 AM
    I might be reading too much into it.... buuuuuttt ....
    Roadmap Poetry-img_00000617.png

Tigris and Euphrates are the two great rivers that define Mesopotamia. There is a Mesopotamien museum collection called Inventing Our World in Ontario!!

Roadmap Poetry-img_00000616.png

If you want to delve further into it, then what are the two things that define BlackBerry or BlackBerry 10 and can 'invent' something new to our world?? I guess you could argue whether a touch screen defines BlackBerry... I suppose a keyboard and touchscreen defines the differences between the BlackBerry 10 line-up. Would Windemere be a combination of that? Or is Windemere relegating Tigris (touchscreen) and Euphrates (keyboard) into a Mesopotamien artifact (like in the museums in Ontario) and thus signalling an exit from hardware for BlackBerry??

Please.... more cluesssss.... I luuurrrvvveee riddles!!!!

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-17-13 09:00 AM
    Roadmap Poetry-img_00000618.png

I agree with your find.

Maybe Windemere will be BlackBerry's hero device. Or maybe Kevin thinks it'll save BlackBerry... possibly because it is 'Inventing Our World'. Or maybe it was just named that way because they hope it'll be a hero for BlackBerry.

09-17-13 09:04 AM
    Actually you cannot assume there are 4 distinct devices, they might be going with a watery theme and then all 4 are simply regional variants of one or 2 models.
    True, but knowing Kevin I wouldn't necessarily expect him to dedicate such a cryptic post to variants of the same devices.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-17-13 10:01 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000618.png 
Views:	933 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	202725

I agree with your find.

Maybe Windemere will be BlackBerry's hero device. Or maybe Kevin thinks it'll save BlackBerry... possibly because it is 'Inventing Our World'. Or maybe it was just named that way because they hope it'll be a hero for BlackBerry.

I wonder if the hero could be the guy (Watsa) who has shown interest in the private sale of BB.
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 09-17-13 at 11:28 AM.
    09-17-13 11:16 AM
    Well we shall see what tomorrow brings. it is actually the 18th in Malaysia already
    09-17-13 11:53 AM
    Lovely poem, sir. I long for the Snapdragon 800's and 1080p displays, though I'm not so quite poetic about it. :P

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 12:24 PM
    True, but knowing Kevin I wouldn't necessarily expect him to dedicate such a cryptic post to variants of the same devices.
    Kevin might not know much more than they are hardware codenames and vague specs at this point so might not be able to tell.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-17-13 06:09 PM
    Windemere is the one I can't find. There is a Lake Windemere in Australia, but no one cares about Australian Geography.
    That is a quite a shocking search given that it does not show up the original Windermere which is the lake that is part of the lake district in England.
    09-17-13 06:12 PM
    Sigh. I got nothing. Bring on the official road maps lol
    Last edited by lordpuppy; 09-17-13 at 07:32 PM.
    09-17-13 07:19 PM
    That is a quite a shocking search given that it does not show up the original Windermere which is the lake that is part of the lake district in England.
    That's Windermere with a 'r'.

09-17-13 09:16 PM
    Z10 - BlackBerry's messiah, then:
    Aristo (now Z30) - BlackBerry's messiah, now:
    O-series - BlackBerry's messiah?

Strange pattern, I truly hope a device launches that is mind blowing on hardware and software. The Z10 blew me away on the OS side, but android claims the hardware. It is a spec race, whether you are in it or not.
    09-17-13 09:46 PM
    Z10 - BlackBerry's messiah, then:
    Aristo (now Z30) - BlackBerry's messiah, now:
    O-series - BlackBerry's messiah?

Strange pattern, I truly hope a device launches that is mind blowing on hardware and software. The Z10 blew me away on the OS side, but android claims the hardware. It is a spec race, whether you are in it or not.
    I only partially agree with you. BB10 runs like butter on 10.2 with a dual core S4. It doesn't need anymore juice. A Snapdragon 800 must be for M2M and 10.3! . January - March maybe for Q10/Z10 yearly replacements? Good thing I didn't renew my contract for my free Q10!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:39 PM
    I only partially agree with you. BB10 runs like butter on 10.2 with a dual core S4. It doesn't need anymore juice. A Snapdragon 800 must be for M2M and 10.3! . January - March maybe for Q10/Z10 yearly replacements? Good thing I didn't renew my contract for my free Q10!
    There's no reason why they would go beyond a quad-core S600 in their next high-end devices, performance is improving on bb10 with these new versions rather than getting worse so there is no need for them to step up more than is needed since doing so would have a negative impact on battery life.

Also, I very much doubt we will see updates that quickly either, June/July seems far more likely as that will be 9 months on from the z30 and sooner than that would be likely to annoy people too much.
    09-18-13 03:21 AM
    That's Windermere with a 'r'.
    Well spotted, although quite why anyone would do a search including Kevin's typo rather than correcting it I don't know.
    09-18-13 03:25 AM
    There's no reason why they would go beyond a quad-core S600 in their next high-end devices, performance is improving on bb10 with these new versions rather than getting worse so there is no need for them to step up more than is needed since doing so would have a negative impact on battery life.

Also, I very much doubt we will see updates that quickly either, June/July seems far more likely as that will be 9 months on from the z30 and sooner than that would be likely to annoy people too much.
    Uh, yeah there is. The jump to the S800 is the only practical move.
    09-18-13 09:53 AM
    four new devices:
    •Cafe / Cappuccino
    •Windermere
    •Tigris
    •Ontario
    ... off another site...
    09-18-13 08:53 PM
    Uh, yeah there is. The jump to the S800 is the only practical move.
    Practical in what sense of the term, the step up to s600 would more than give them a cpu boost, that is already seemingly unnecessary for anything other than marketing purposes judging by the performance of the existing devices.
    09-19-13 04:16 AM
61 123