A lot of hype out there with smart watches lately. and I've been window shopping and researching the new and existing products out there.

You have the pebble with its own OS and the Steel line coming out looks nice. The GUI looks dated and isnt stunning enough

The Sony SW2 and Samsung GG with android OS, good for us BB users now. They have nice screens but chassis that are over-sized and clunky looking.

The Qualcomm Toq is like the Sony and Samsung in many ways; runs android and is large, but has a mirasol display and is more of a proof-of-concept device for could be customers... like blackberry.

A blackberry watch with a version of BB10 would make for a good product.

- The pebble steel chassis look is the way go. Real leather band option.

- The qualcomm barebones internals looks capable and are already proven.

- BB10 (Smartwatch OS)
    - Focus on being in The Hub, no apps, just hub integration. Priority hub

- Or if we must have apps, have active frames but only one frame per page.

- BB style LED notification

- porsche design version
    Last edited by craiggger; 01-13-14 at 06:36 PM.
    01-13-14 06:16 PM
    01-13-14 06:22 PM
    I agree with you that a BB10 watch would be really cool, and something I would definitely buy personally.. but it's just not something I see BlackBerry getting into over the next few years.. they are retooling, focusing on enterprise and pairing down the company to return to profitabilty.. it'll likely be the 3rd quarter before we even see a new consumer device for North America if at all this year.. the smart watch space is VERY consumer oriented.. not something that's even on BlackBerry's radar for quite a while if at all in my opinion..
    01-13-14 06:23 PM
    that concept looks alot like the sony watch, which looks too much like well, a smartwatch. I like what pepple is doing by trying to disguise it as a real watch.
    01-13-14 06:50 PM