05-14-15 02:53 PM
92 1234
tools
    I bet BlackBerry has a number of "plans" for an all-touch device. Some have been dropped, and new ones have taken their place.

It's not really all about the device, but if BlackBerry feels their is a market for such a device. Now while there are a bunch of FANS here that would love to see a new $600- $700 all-touch super phone. Would Carriers welcome it? How many of the BlackBerry faithful would replace their much loved Passports? Does enterprise need such a device? Would general consumers be attracted to the platform in sufficient numbers to make it worth while...... Basically could they sell enough of them to make a profit?

When they belive the answer is yes - then they will decided on what price point and components will be used.
    In the most recent Chen interview, the 99% one on the front page, he says that they have a product releasing in June that will hopefully get people using one device. Is this it?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:54 PM
    In the most recent Chen interview, the 99% one on the front page, he says that they have a product releasing in June that will hopefully get people using one device. Is this it?

Posted via CB10
    "Hopefully get people using one device" translates to a device that will fit everyone's needs. Sounds like the Visa with a retractable keyboard and large screen. I really hope so!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-19-14 07:52 PM
    What's that Iphone 6S?
    12-19-14 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Didn't he mention it was a piece of software? Or did I mishear? Although I've no idea what it would be either way, I'm just trying to clarify.
    12-19-14 08:37 PM
    Yup, software

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    I actually just opened a forum about that and thought the same thing but he did say software.... Damn we are going to have to wait at mwc to see it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-19-14 10:29 PM
    Does Blackberry have the funding to make Octa Core 64-bit devices with 4GB+ ram ?

No disrespect to BB, but chen did say they are on a budget lol.
    12-20-14 12:41 AM
    I actually just opened a forum about that and thought the same thing but he did say software.... Damn we are going to have to wait at mwc to see it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How would software make people use one device? Unless it is a whole new ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:22 AM
    Virtualization of android apps perhaps? I read microsoft is working on a similar tech.
    12-20-14 03:14 AM
    Interesting

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    12-20-14 06:00 AM
    He's probably talking about Movirtu. It allows for having two numbers (e.g. work & personal) on the same phone via a virtual SIM. This eliminates another reason why somebody would carry two phones.

So, Movirtu + Balance should keep a lot of people from having to carry multiple phones.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 and tanzarian like this.
    12-20-14 06:30 AM
    It's?
    Remember that Octa Core 64 Bit device rumor back in Feb....-1419075857045_327983.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:44 AM
    There will be these 4 devices I know because I've seen the roadmap

Passport 2
    Classic 2
    Hybrid Touch Screen/Physical Keyboard Visa/Victoria
    Full Touch Screen phone
    Wow, that's great news!! Thanks for this!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-20-14 09:38 PM
    Why would c30 have home button?? There's no need for it on bb10.. The other thing is that bb10 support up to 128GB micro SD cards now..
    Gajja likes this.
    12-20-14 09:41 PM
    He's probably talking about Movirtu. It allows for having two numbers (e.g. work & personal) on the same phone via a virtual SIM. This eliminates another reason why somebody would carry two phones.

So, Movirtu + Balance should keep a lot of people from having to carry multiple phones.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I do thinking as well, but there is still a couple of phones in the works to but they're being pretty hush about those. Can't really blame them.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:03 PM
    I also think that there is no point in putting out an Occta core phone until they have the software that can justify producing it. I don't think that will be until June. I'm thinking that that's the gladiator software that Mr. Chen was talking about. I also think that the up graded Z3 is probably a good idea. Enterprise needs a good cheap phone. If you were buying 1,000 phones for your employees, you wouldn't really want to be spending seven or eight hundred dollars a peace.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 12-22-14 at 03:56 PM.
    12-22-14 02:24 PM
    For me the ultimate device would be as follows:

Classic size with pullout keyboard that has the passport keyboard features. The ability to flick type and swipe delete are just awesome!!!
    Let's go 4g of ram and whatever the latest processor is. Now let's go dual sim and 2 profiles. One profile is pure blackberry. The second profile would be vanilla android. This would solve all the problems in the world!!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:09 PM
    For me the ultimate device would be as follows:

Classic size with pullout keyboard that has the passport keyboard features. The ability to flick type and swipe delete are just awesome!!!
    Let's go 4g of ram and whatever the latest processor is. Now let's go dual sim and 2 profiles. One profile is pure blackberry. The second profile would be vanilla android. This would solve all the problems in the world!!

Posted via CB10
    Ooh not a bad idea.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:30 PM
    How would software make people use one device? Unless it is a whole new ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    I think he is talking about that virtual sim that you can have 2 numbers on one device.
    12-26-14 02:28 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

TheQuietRioter likes this.
    12-28-14 12:03 PM
    20nm

Now do you guys think this is the processor that will be used in the High Touch Screen or Hybrid (Visa or Victoria) Phone next year since the rumor specs were on point last year.
    That wasn't posted till February, meanwhile the information in that post was put out in December. (copied from here with the news actually coming from China) On top of that, it was rumored for the W-Series which if you remember is the Windermere aka Passport. If anything, it was a test platform for Windermere and Ontario which we all know are often over inflated and then scaled back to something more reasonable by release. See: Passport release specs.

Could BlackBerry end up using that processor? Sure they could BlackBerry has never been one to rush out and try a pretty much untested processor in their devices just simply to say they were the first to have it. They tend to stick to gear that's been tested and proven over a period of time. If this proc. ends up in a BlackBerry I'm pretty sure it will be after many others have pushed it out the door, especially with the issues that have arisen with it.
    12-28-14 12:28 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Mythical Unicorn.
    12-28-14 12:38 PM
    sir what about z50 when it should be release
    12-29-14 05:41 AM
    much people using high end touch screen smartphone if blackberry bring it in market first of all you see samsung and HTC Iphone so now its blackberry time to release very soon in 2015 high end touch screen smartphones .

z10
    12-29-14 05:49 AM
    where is my z50 mr.chen
    janzeeschuimers and Clanked like this.
    12-29-14 05:57 AM
92 1234