05-14-15 02:53 PM
92 123 ...
tools
    Guys remember the rumor that N4bb mentioned about this device

BlackBerry Planning Octa-core 64-bit Device by 2015 | N4BB

Now it was back in Feb 2014 and the specs they revealed was the following.

This chip uses the 20 nm HKMG process and uses an octa-core 64-bit architecture. Each core can reach a frequency of up to 2.5 GHz with 4MB L2 cache.

Other features of the MSM8994 include:

1600MHz 4GB RAM LPDDR3 PoP
    Adreno 430 500 MHz
    Pixel fill Rate 6Gpix / s
    Vertex 500Mtri / s
    OpenGL ES3.0, direct x11.1, OpenCL1.2

Now at that time Qualcomm didn't officially announce the chipset yet not until 2 months later and shockingly 80 to 90 percent of the specs were on point:

CPU
    Quad-core ARM Cortex A57 and quad-core A53 with 64-bit support
    GPU
    Adreno 430 GPU
    DSP
    Hexagon V56 DSP (up to 800MHz)
    Modem
    Integrated 4G LTE Advanced CAT6 World Mode modem, supporting LTE FDD, LTE TDD, WCDMA (DC-HSPA+, DC-HSUPA), CDMA1x, EV-DO Rev. B, TD-SCDMA and GSM/EDGE
    CAT6 speeds of up to 300 Mbps with support for up to 3x20 MHz carrier aggregation on LTE FDD and LTE TDD
    4th Generation integrated LTE modem, with support for LTE- Broadcast, LTE multimode dual-SIM (DSDS and DSDA) and HD VoLTE with SRVCC
    RF
    4th gen power efficient LTE multimode transceiver with Qualcomm RF360 Front End solution for world mode bands, lower power and PCB reduction
    USB
    USB 3.0/2.0
    Bluetooth
    BT 4.1
    WiFi
    Qualcomm VIVE 2-stream 802.11n/ac with MU-MIMO
    GPS
    Qualcomm IZat Gen8C
    NFC
    Supported
    Video
    4K capture and playback with H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC) formats
    DASH supported
    Camera
    Up to 55 MP Dual ISP
    Display
    4K Ultra HD on-device display concurrent with 4K Ultra HD output to HDTV
    1080p and 4K external displays
    Quick Charge
    Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology, up to 3A out, supports Parallel Charging
    Memory/Storage
    LPDDR4 1600MHz Dual-channel 64-bit (25.6GBps)/UFS Gear2 2L eMMC 5.0 SD 3.0 (UHS-I)
    Process Technology
    20nm

Now do you guys think this is the processor that will be used in the High Touch Screen or Hybrid (Visa or Victoria) Phone next year since the rumor specs were on point last year.

Let me know your throughts
    12-04-14 05:05 PM
    Finally, something to look forward to (if true).
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    12-04-14 05:41 PM
    I just read an article stating Qualcomm is encountering problems on making the Snapdragon 810 work flawlessly.

Apparently the cpu overheats due to a problem with the electrical voltage and subsequently slows down because of problems with the RAM-controller.

The integrated Adreno 430 GPU is also facing some unspecified errors.

Because of the different difficulties they are facing they probably won't meet their goal of releasing it in the first half of 2015.

This has made some alarm bells go of for some smartphone manufacturers.

Samsung was planning to use the SoC for the Galaxy S6, although it can fall back on its Exynos SoCs. LG and Sony on the other hand don't have a decent backup for the G4 and the Experia Z4.

All 3 manufacturers had planned a release in the first half of 2015. But for now it's still unclear if they will make this deadline.

So I don't know if BlackBerry will be able to release anything based on this hardware early 2015 either.

Posted with my dirty thirty! Instagram:delilio TwitterelilHemikan
    12-04-14 07:17 PM

Samsung was planning to use the SoC for the Galaxy S6, although it can fall back on its Exynos SoCs. LG and Sony on the other hand don't have a decent backup for the G4 and the Experia Z4.
    They could release devices using the Snapdragon 805, which was just released. Sony doesn't even have an 805 phone out, I think. It is true that Qualcomm is falling behind in terms of development, though. The existence of Snapdragon 801proves as much.

Don't think Samsung can fall back on Exynos, though. Many problems with its homebrew SoC as well. If it could, Samsung would have cut Qualcomm out of the equation years ago.
    12-04-14 07:26 PM
    I just read an article stating Qualcomm is encountering problems on making the Snapdragon 810 work flawlessly.

Apparently the cpu overheats due to a problem with the electrical voltage and subsequently slows down because of problems with the RAM-controller.

Because of the different difficulties they are facing they probably won't meet their goal of releasing it in the first half of 2015.

All 3 manufacturers had planned a release in the first half of 2015. But for now it's still unclear if they will make this deadline.

So I don't know if BlackBerry will be able to release anything based on this hardware early 2015 either.

Yah I read the same thing as well but it isn't official from them so take it with a grain of salt and either way this chipset is coming out on phone next year....its more of a driver issue and not a hardware issue.
    bdowd18 likes this.
    12-05-14 11:59 AM
    This would make sense assuming the new all-touch device is coming out in the spring or late winter. That's exactly when the first Snapdragon 810 devices should be coming out.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:44 PM
    I bet BlackBerry has a number of "plans" for an all-touch device. Some have been dropped, and new ones have taken their place.

It's not really all about the device, but if BlackBerry feels their is a market for such a device. Now while there are a bunch of FANS here that would love to see a new $600- $700 all-touch super phone. Would Carriers welcome it? How many of the BlackBerry faithful would replace their much loved Passports? Does enterprise need such a device? Would general consumers be attracted to the platform in sufficient numbers to make it worth while...... Basically could they sell enough of them to make a profit?

When they belive the answer is yes - then they will decided on what price point and components will be used.
    limabo likes this.
    12-09-14 12:49 PM
    I bet BlackBerry has a number of "plans" for an all-touch device. Some have been dropped, and new ones have taken their place.

It's not really all about the device, but if BlackBerry feels their is a market for such a device. Now while there are a bunch of FANS here that would love to see a new $600- $700 all-touch super phone. Would Carriers welcome it? How many of the BlackBerry faithful would replace their much loved Passports? Does enterprise need such a device? Would general consumers be attracted to the platform in sufficient numbers to make it worth while...... Basically could they sell enough of them to make a profit?

When they belive the answer is yes - then they will decided on what price point and components will be used.
    There will be these 4 devices I know because I've seen the roadmap

Passport 2
    Classic 2
    Hybrid Touch Screen/Physical Keyboard Visa/Victoria
    Full Touch Screen phone
    12-09-14 02:22 PM
    I've mentioned in another post on the forums that they can make the phone a succes if they handle it the same way as they did with the passport. The way they managed inventory and supplied demand should be their new approach for now.

12-09-14 02:23 PM

Passport 2
    Classic 2
    Full Touch Screen phone
    I have a feeling we will only see 3 new devices next year. The Hybrid "Visa / Victoria" with touch and qwerty
    A Full touch "Rio" high end
    And a Passport 2

I think the classic 2 will only be out in 2016 simply because the classic is only going to be available in a very few countries before 2015. Which gives BlackBerry less than a year to make the classic 2 which is cutting it a bit fine. IMO

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    12-09-14 03:11 PM
    Still not buying this rumor.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and Bla1ze like this.
    12-09-14 03:46 PM

Passport 2
    Classic 2
    Full Touch Screen phone
    And you've seen this so called roadmap where...?

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-09-14 04:26 PM
    Another data point on 810 timeline.
    Qualcomm says Snapdragon 810 on track for H1 release

Last week we saw a rather disconcerting report put out by Business Korea regarding the new generation SoC by Qualcomm. The document commented on serious thermal issues and bugs with memory management that were likely to postpone the chip's arrival date.

Luckily today Jon Carvill, Senior Director of Public Relations at the California-based semiconductor corporation, cleared the smoke and assured everybody that the Snapdragon 810 will arrive as scheduled without problems. Carvill diplomatically refused to comment on the speculations themselves, but had this to say about the future of their upcoming chipset:

"I can tell you that everything with Snapdragon 810 remains on track and we expect commercial devices to be available in 1H 2015"
    If Qualcomm is ready to produce the 810 in the spring I expect most of the allocation to go to the S6 as will be the first phone introduced with an SOC for 64bit Lollipop. Conversely I don't expect BB to use this chip until the fall with 10.4 Passport 2 or a flagship touchscreen.
    12-09-14 05:59 PM
    If anything, they may be able to get their hands on the new chips through Foxconn.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 06:21 PM
    Well I hope we hear something regarding a high end all touch early next year or I'm moving on.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:21 PM
    I'm more than happy with my Z30, and I'll patiently wait for the next flagship full touch. I don't care how long it takes for them to release one. BlackBerry til the end!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:34 PM

Good they can wait so I can save more money lol!
    12-15-14 03:31 PM

Passport 2
    Classic 2
    Full Touch Screen phone
    I swear that's five.

Posted via my sexy white  Z30 rocking10.3.0.1052
    12-16-14 06:01 PM
    I swear that's five.

Posted via my sexy white  Z30 rocking10.3.0.1052
    How is that 5:

Passport 2
    Classic 2
    All touch
    Hybrid touch screen with physical keyboard visa or Victoria (that patent we saw for that slider hybrid)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-16-14 07:02 PM
    Victoria showed up on the next line so they thought it was the fifth device.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:27 PM
    I'm not holding my breath for this flagship touch. They announced the Passport II the day after the Passport I launched. They also announced the Classic II at the same time, which was before the Classic I had even been launched. But there still hasn't been any forthcoming announcement of this so called flagship touch device.

This says to me it isn't coming. It says that Chen is going keyboards only.

 Posted via CB10 
    12-17-14 10:39 AM
    Exactly right, my bad.

Posted via my sexy white  Z30 rocking 10.3.0.1052
    12-17-14 04:40 PM
    Victoria showed up on the next line so they thought it was the fifth device.

Posted via CB10
    Oh right thanks
    12-18-14 04:14 PM
    Exactly right, my bad.

Posted via my sexy white  Z30 rocking 10.3.0.1052
    LOL it's ok .
    12-18-14 04:15 PM
    I'm not holding my breath for this flagship touch. They announced the Passport II the day after the Passport I launched. They also announced the Classic II at the same time, which was before the Classic I had even been launched. But there still hasn't been any forthcoming announcement of this so called flagship touch device.

This says to me it isn't coming. It says that Chen is going keyboards only.

 Posted via CB10 
    I hope they are rethinking the idea of a PPII. We are seeing the current version was a flash in the pan.
    Improved specs and ruggedness but isn't selling the best.

So specs still have to be in a package the customer wants.

In the end BlackBerry may have sold more Z10s then any other BB10 device to date.
    If the got rid of over 90% of their over stocked inventory then they must of moved all those Z10s. I think BlackBerry manufactured more Z10s then any other BB10. I would love to see the real numbers instead of guessing.

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-19-14 01:47 PM
92 123 ...