Hey there!

There are a lot of rumors going on considering to this "all new" devices...

But till now, I'm not too excited bout that!!!

I just thought about it and would say, this devices won't come earlier than Q2-Q3 2011.

If we can believe all the rumors about the storm3, Dakota/Montana-what-ever, playbook etc.
    They all are supposed to run on the new QNX-OS.

The playbook which is said to be the first device which is running on QNX, will come Feb. 2011.
    That means all other devices will come after that...

I also don't think RIM will drop OS6 after 6months?

What do you think to that??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Slash82; 11-16-10 at 02:58 AM.
    11-16-10 02:40 AM
    Hey there!

There are a lot of rumors going on considering to this "all new" devices...

But till now, I'm not too excited bout that!!!

I just thought about it and would say, this devices won't come earlier than Q2-Q3 2011.

If we can believe all the rumors about the storm3, Dakota/Montana-what-ever, playbook etc.
    They all are supposed to run on the new QNX-OS.

The playbook which is said to be the first device which is running on QNX, will come Feb. 2011.
    That means all other devices will come after that...

I also don't think RIM will drop OS6 after 6months?

What do you think to that??

Playbook doesn't have to be released before other devices with QNX, it's just the first confirmed device with it. RIM could announce any device tomorrow if they wanted, and say it'll be out by Christmas. And as far as OS6, why not drop it after a few months? Storm2 was EOL'd back in August, 9 months after launch.
    11-16-10 05:39 AM
    ^ yeah, i feel like os6 is already falling to the wayside. remember that verizon os6 online 'event' that never happened.....
    11-16-10 08:59 PM
    Actually, if you think about it, with LTE comiong out, why would we have to wait till Q2-Q3. I dont think VZW would drop LTE without a phone to come along with it. And if Sprint comes to mind, I didn't think their '4G' was operated by them but Clearwire or something like that. VZW is using their own network.
    11-17-10 01:10 PM
    The more I read from RIM, the more I'm sure, I wasn't wrong with my statement...

12-14-10 05:30 AM
    The more I read from RIM, the more I'm sure, I wasn't wrong with my statement...
    The more Mike flaps his jaws, the more I have to agree with you...we will be lucky to see them before 3Q2011!
    12-15-10 04:15 PM
    The more Mike flaps his jaws, the more I have to agree with you...we will be lucky to see them before 3Q2011!
    I hope, they will catch up...

For me its time for a new phone - my 8900 is over 2years old and starts to have "hardware"-problems...
    But thats fine, after 2years of "hardcore using"...

Mike said: "QNX only runs duo core".
    And I`m not sure if RIM is really able to throw this phones on the market, soon (even in 2011...)

He also mentioned: "No 1GHz single core Processor on a Blackberry!"

Till then we still will see 624MHz again, and again...
    512MB, low res. screens... etc.

To see that from a buisness-mans point, he is not that wrong.
    Becaue herefor it's more important to have a good battery life and a reliable E-mai-machine,
    than having a "tamagochi"
    And if there is buisness - BB always will be first choise.

But to see it from the point of a "allround-user", they will loose ground for sure!

PLEASE SANTA - let there be a wonder!
    I dont wanna leave...
    Last edited by Slash82; 12-16-10 at 05:27 AM.
    12-16-10 05:09 AM
    They are probably trying to get marvell to make them an adapter to put two of the existing 624 MHz processors into a phone so that they can say it's dual core and still keep getting rid of the bazillion they bought 3 years ago
    12-16-10 11:11 AM
    I don't think well see qnx on a phone anytime soon. When the rumors say its coming add 5 months lol.
    12-16-10 11:22 AM
    I hope, they will catch up...

For me its time for a new phone - my 8900 is over 2years old and starts to have "hardware"-problems...
    But thats fine, after 2years of "hardcore using"...

Mike said: "QNX only runs duo core".
    And I`m not sure if RIM is really able to throw this phones on the market, soon (even in 2011...)

He also mentioned: "No 1GHz single core Processor on a Blackberry!"

Till then we still will see 624MHz again, and again...
    512MB, low res. screens... etc...

PLEASE SANTA - let there be a wonder!
    I dont wanna leave...
    I want a new phone after 2 years. I waited 28 months for the Storm2, but come this June, if all RIM has to offer is 624MHz and 512MB, I am moving on to something else that's LTE/fast/bigger screen. I love my phone, but I do want something more "modern," for lack of a better term! Android just seems to be really trying to update and make improvements quickly, whereas, RIM seems to drag their feet.
    12-16-10 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD