RIM needs to bring these things to the table, right from the word go:

1. Model range made-up of the QNX Bold, QNX Torch, and QNX Curve;

2. QNX Bold will be the ultimate messaging device, instead of replacing the Bold 9900/9930, it will be the successor of the Torch 9810, albeit with a keyboard on par with that of the Bold 9900 series;

3. All QNX phone-ranges must have a minimum of 4.1" Super Amoled/qHD touchscreens, Dual-core 1.8Ghz processors, 1GB+ RAM, and 16GB internal memory (capable of storing apps, emails, sms, contacts, memo's, media, etc.);

4. The QNX Torch series will then become the iPhone/Android beaters of RIM's portfolio, continuously pushing the envelope within the mobile phone space, and making FULL USE of the QNX platform and Blackberry functionalities [4.3"+ Super Amoled/qHD touchscreens, Quad-core 1.8Ghz processors, 2GB+ RAM, and 64GB internal memory];

5. Updated notifications system, leveraging the superb BBOS system to create a truly updated and class-leading solution, bringing-in iOS5, Android and WebOS style features (especially actionable pop-up notifications accross all apps in-use);

6. ALL phone-ranges will need to be thinner, lighter and far better designed than ever before. The OS7 devices are on the right track, but RIM needs to far exceed this to get the attention of the consumer market (Take a page from Samsung and HTC);

7. Launch globally. If not simultaneously, then The Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, and MENA, should all have the devices within 2 weeks of the first market. Do not rely on established OECD markets with a heavy bias toward iOS and Android devices. Reviews may be made to simply throw your customers off the very idea of buying the new QNXmobiles; know your client, your market and where the true growth is. Follow the model of the brilliantly-worked OS7 roll-out;

8. Lastly, perfect the Android app-player for QNX mobiles, release the native SDK for the phones FAR BEFORE the release date of the first QNXmobile devices, and do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to bring-in the very best app developers out there. At least the 5,000 top selling/downloaded apps from across the ecosystems (IE: iOS, Android, WebOS, Windows Phone, and Symbian/MeeGo), should be available for the first QNXmobiles, FROM LAUNCH;

Do all these with a re-focused management team, marketing that at least meets the standards of HTC, APPLE, and Samsung, and commit fully to the QNXmobile project (whilst keeping loyal consumer and business fans and clients fully on-board throughout), and RIM, you will have a seriously outperforming device lineup with sales exceeding anything the market watchers are giving you hope for.

Heres to hoping RIM, the Crackberry Nation, and all the new budding QNXmobile fans of the (very) near future, can bring a vision of this type to fruition.

Roll-on 2012......
    AfroZepher and javieraua like this.
    08-24-11 02:04 PM
    How many places do you plan on posting your manifesto on here?
    08-24-11 03:42 PM
    Just the current four threads! (sorry about that people).

Wasn't too sure where to post it....kind of ended-up over posting with this one, but definitely not a manifesto. Just a quick opinion. But eitherway, ALL the comments (on all four posts) are much appreciated for the insights and interest shown.
    08-25-11 02:36 PM
    I agree with visceralberry however half of this should've been happening six months ago.
    08-28-11 04:14 PM
    I love webos and Im coming back to the qnx phones when they come out if its a better solution than the Sony s2 .

These QNX devices should be made more like webos and esp get the notifications like webos on these phones now please! Webos like software will save Rim and bring me back as a customer!
    08-28-11 11:20 PM
    hmm based on that...everyone would get a new torch or bold as u call it.

9820? hehe

I want a 9900 qnx type phone.
    10-14-11 12:49 AM
    I have shamelessly become a victim of the latest tech buzz word: ecosystem

I have reluctantly come to believe that OSes have LITTLE to do with adoption when it comes to adoption of a mobile device. Thus, I suspect QNX won't really change non-geek/regular consumer minds, even those it is being billed as a fantastic improvement (for the record, I think OS7 is pretty functional, but that is a discussion for another thread).

I believe that creating mindshare by immersing people in a vibrant ecosystem (dang... used it again! ) is what will win RIM some market share back.
    10-14-11 12:58 AM
    OP, you want thin devices but want the flagship device to sport a slide out keyboard like the Torch... Not gonna happen and furthermore the majority of consumers are not too interested in physical keyboards any longer.

QNX should be touch only devices.
    10-14-11 01:26 PM
    OP, you want thin devices but want the flagship device to sport a slide out keyboard like the Torch... Not gonna happen and furthermore the majority of consumers are not too interested in physical keyboards any longer.

QNX should be touch only devices.

Thats not true. The current Web OS and torch users are not a freak user base. Niether are the millions of other people using phones with physical keyboards. As a matter of fact Id go ahead and bet my life that most of the whole phones in use have a keyboard. Many people use keyboard phones and dont want a high end smart phone.
    10-14-11 07:36 PM
    Quite a task visceralberry. . .I love the sound of it. . .But something is still missing. . .something new and innovative has to come from RIM and come quick!!! I feel like all the pieces are there but someone over at RIM needs to put it all to together. . .I'm not sure what it could or should be but It's got to be big and new enough to get back to folks who left for IOS and Android. . .RIM can make a phone with the best hardware and OS but if it doesn't offer something groundbreaking it won't change much. . .(You'd think a lot more research would be happening over at "Research in Motion" but I guess it will be soon. . .)
    10-14-11 09:28 PM
    The OP reminds me of Jerry McGuire... and he got the girl AND the money.
    10-16-11 06:44 PM
    Guess this is wehre i can put personal opinions right? i like alot of those ideas, and i may be part of the vast minority, but i dont think ill EVER want a full touch screen phone. and it may be cuz my eyes are good..... for now, but i dont want a 4.1 inch screen on my phone, ill use my tablet(32gb playbook) if i need a screen like that in my hands. i just feel like screens are getting out of hand these days.

but again to the OP, i like most of the other stuff.
    10-16-11 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD