Is BlackBerry confusing the loyalists again by introducing the tool belt again into BlackBerry 10 OS phones. Its quite some time now professionals like me who had the history 9700>9900>Q10.I now hardly think I should get the tool belt back.

Yes if we get some more screen real estate then copy paste would be a super easy and smooth. I feel the track pad and q20 will confuse the existing q10 users to make a purchasing decision of weather to go for q20 or wait for much bigger and flagship q30.

The strategy of positioning the new devices to the existing loyalists is not clear from BlackBerry. They should give more official news on future devices so that people like us can decide

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:46 PM
    There's always going to be a "next device" or two on the horizon when it comes to almost any electronics.

I think it's a little premature to judge them against each other when one isn't officially announced yet, specs for neither have been finalized publicly, and most importantly you haven't held either in your hand.

Just generally is the belt a good idea on a BB10 device? Only time will tell. I don't want it, but I'm okay with it if others do. But so far sales haven't been strong enough that there's much to lose with some experimenting.
    higherdestiny likes this.
    03-29-14 11:55 PM
    why would it confuse anyone, most existing BB10 users were legacy users once before and miss the belt, for the browser i miss having the trackpad, it made things more persice rather then having to zoom in on an area just to hit a link, the answer and end buttons also come in more handy then the whole touch screen things especially for me since i'm in construction and during the winter months i wear gloves. i'm not saying it matters but those are small features that can change the experience enough to please those upgradign from legacy devices and those BB10 users don't have to use them they could just use the standard BB10 gestures
    03-29-14 11:57 PM
    Yes.But BlackBerry 10 as marketed is a gesture driven and I never had an issue using by q10.I have forgotten about the hard keys.Bringing back the tool belt will give the impression that OS is not intuitive for gestures.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264, thanasi and ErnstMach like this.
    03-30-14 01:08 AM
    Based on those photos (if real) the Q30 doesnt look like a 1:1 ratio screen at all! Rather a 4:3 or maybe even a 16:9.

If mr JC wants to create some hype in the smart phone market with his position of going mostly qwerty. I think a 4 - 4.5 inch, 4:3 or 16:9, higher than HD screened qwerty, gestureable keyboard with a quad processor and 3 gigs of ram would do the trick.

Oh and it has to look ultra premium.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Dmessenger likes this.
    04-01-14 06:46 PM
    Based on those photos (if real) the Q30 doesnt look like a 1:1 ratio screen at all! Rather a 4:3 or maybe even a 16:9.

If mr JC wants to create some hype in the smart phone market with his position of going mostly qwerty. I think a 4 - 4.5 inch, 4:3 or 16:9, higher than HD screened qwerty, gestureable keyboard with a quad processor and 3 gigs of ram would do the trick.

Oh and it has to look ultra premium.

With all that I would camp the first store that gets it in NYC
    Typical new yorker lol

From my White Z30
    04-01-14 06:50 PM
    With all that I would camp the first store that gets it in NYC
    Typical new yorker lol

From my White Z30
    Ahaaa but you might have to fly to asia if you want to get it as soon as its launched and also get the unlocked version.

I got the Z30 the first day it was launched in Malaysia which is the first country it was available in. That was pretty sweet. LOL

04-01-14 06:55 PM
    Yes.But BlackBerry 10 as marketed is a gesture driven and I never had an issue using by q10.I have forgotten about the hard keys.Bringing back the tool belt will give the impression that OS is not intuitive for gestures.

Posted via CB10
    Is it intuitive for gestures ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-01-14 11:41 PM
    I think it simply boils down to whether the user prefers a toolbelt or not.

I was a Bold 9900 user and I upgraded to the Q10 even if I prefer a toolbelt, because it was the only successor to the Bold at the time. Now assuming that both the Q20 and the Q30 are confirmed, I'd go for the Q20 (and would wait if I have to) because I still prefer a keyboard phone with the control buttons.

If Mr.Chen didn't announce the toolbelted 'Classic' phone and if no such phone would be made, I would upgrade to the toolbelted Q30 (or whatever the Q10 successor would be named) out of necessity because it's the only keyboard phone I could upgrade to.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 08:30 PM
    Alternatively, it gives the impression that some people are so set in their ways that they won't upgrade to bb10 without this hardware feature and if the market is large enough then it is only sensible for BB to address this market as part of their drive to get greater uptake of their current os rather than their legacy one.
    04-09-14 03:05 PM