Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention... the price of the Storm 2 9550 dropped drastically over the last couple days... from nearly $200 on a two year contract, to $79.99. A similar price drop occurred about a year ago to the Storm 9530, about a month before the Storm 2 was released.
    This is obviously speculation but I'd say seeing a new Storm release, or at least a new Verizon BB release, sometime in January is looking very promising.
    12-09-10 09:09 PM
    I'm standing by my expectations that a LTE Storm wil launch alongside the PlayBook. And that it will not be called a Storm.
    12-09-10 11:04 PM
    I wouldn't own it if VZW gave me $79.99.
    12-09-10 11:13 PM
    I wouldn't own it if VZW gave me $79.99.
    um... I think you missed the point there slippery...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 02:20 PM
    Just looked at vz site and the right on the main page is a deal buy 1 droid get 1 free starting at $149.99 so the storm 2 being dropped to 79.99 means nothing really other than sales are slowing for everthing and big red is trying to make offers to get people to spend $$$ so they can be profitable business.
    12-11-10 06:01 PM
    um... I think you missed the point there slippery...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No I didn't. I was just expressing my utter disgust for the storm.
    12-11-10 06:20 PM
    its the holiday season, everything is on sale
    12-11-10 06:47 PM
    I've seen it for $29.99 with 2-yr contract at Staples...
    At least its not being given out for free like some Curve devices on some carriers...
    12-11-10 08:52 PM
    the curve is not a 500-600 device (neither is the storm but that is what the retail was). Curves have always been cheap as ****
    12-11-10 08:58 PM
    Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention... the price of the Storm 2 9550 dropped drastically over the last couple days... from nearly $200 on a two year contract, to $79.99. A similar price drop occurred about a year ago to the Storm 9530, about a month before the Storm 2 was released.
    This is obviously speculation but I'd say seeing a new Storm release, or at least a new Verizon BB release, sometime in January is looking very promising.
    Where did you see this price break? VZW website still shows 9550 as $199.99 on contract. Was this an in-store price you saw?
    12-14-10 09:12 AM
    its the holiday season, everything is on sale
    +1 exactly, and while Droids may sell at $199, Storm2 can't.
    12-14-10 09:20 AM
    Just checked BestBuy, they list the 9550 online for $0.00 on contract....

However, it's NOT AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENT, and UNAVAILABLE at any stores within 50 miles of my location. (make that 150 miles)

What does that mean? They don't have none, won't sell none. Can only speculate as to why.

Has anyone actually put their eyes on a NIB 9550 in the wild? Today's homework, check your local retailers, and see if they have one available today. If none (or very few) can be found, that would be an indicator of "something".
    Last edited by guerrillacycles; 12-14-10 at 09:51 AM. Reason: checked stores further from Central Ohio
    12-14-10 09:49 AM
    What does that mean?
    It means bait & switch.
    12-14-10 11:26 AM
    LOL.....

BlackBerry Storm2™ 9550 smartphone

2-Year Contract $299.99
    Online Discount -$100.00
    PRICE $199.99
    Includes Free Shipping Overnight Shipping Is Free
    This phone requires a data package

Imagine paying $200 for Storm2....what did PT Barnum say about people like that?
    12-14-10 11:40 AM
    Just checked BestBuy, they list the 9550 online for $0.00 on contract....

However, it's NOT AVAILABLE FOR SHIPMENT, and UNAVAILABLE at any stores within 50 miles of my location. (make that 150 miles)

What does that mean? They don't have none, won't sell none. Can only speculate as to why.

Has anyone actually put their eyes on a NIB 9550 in the wild? Today's homework, check your local retailers, and see if they have one available today. If none (or very few) can be found, that would be an indicator of "something".
    Wasn't the Storm 9550 put on EOL ( End of life) back in Sept? I would think they would try and give this away since it is discontinued. I am interested to see what the storm 3 brings, I haven't had so much anticipation for a phone since the 9700.
    12-14-10 01:42 PM
    Wasn't the Storm 9550 put on EOL ( End of life) back in Sept? I would think they would try and give this away since it is discontinued. I am interested to see what the storm 3 brings, I haven't had so much anticipation for a phone since the 9700.
    It was EOL but the Storm 2 refresh was also supposed to be coming out in Oct/Nov but they pulled the plug on it, so the 9550 continues to be dragged along.
    12-14-10 02:01 PM
    I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but I just got off the phone with a verizon rep who said a blackberry rep came in the store today and did not mention anything about a new device dropping except for the playbook next year.
    12-14-10 02:46 PM
    ok so who wasn to have a brath holding contest with me???? we should start right now....but in all seriouseness i got my storm 2 in may fomr amazon.com for 0.01$ pulss free shipping...best penny i ever spent in my entire life i was really amazed that the storm 2 was still 200 when i went into VZW last week to get my GF a bold for xmas
    12-14-10 05:05 PM
    I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but I just got off the phone with a verizon rep who said a blackberry rep came in the store today and did not mention anything about a new device dropping except for the playbook next year.
    "Blackberry Reps", "Verizon Reps", etc. are historically the last place you should be looking for your upcoming device news. Their jobs are predicated on towing the company line. If RIM is secreting the release of an upcoming Storm, as has been stated many times by those who have proven themselves credible in the past, then those 'reps' aren't going to say boo about it, nor do they probably even have any info on them yet.

Not saying he was lying, just not in the circle of trust yet.
    12-15-10 09:21 AM
    Honestly guys, I just got my Storm 2 (BRAND NEW) for free less than a month ago. Given it was a "Like Replacement" for my Storm 1 I still got it for free. I just went to the VZW site just now and captured the attached pic of the STORM2 for $199.99 w/ two yr agreement. People please take into consideration that prices are subject to be different. You may go to Amazon, Ebay, and other places, but keep in mind that NO ONE charges SET prices, no matter what time of the year.

Oh make sure you're not looking at the Certified Pre-Owned device, for sale at a Woopppiiinnnggg Low Price of $49.99 w/ 2 yr agreement. Check the other Screen Shot.
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 12-15-10 at 04:27 PM.
    12-15-10 04:22 PM
    I just went to the VZW site just now and captured the attached pic of the STORM2 for $199.99 w/ two yr agreement.
    I posted that info yesterday.

"Blackberry Reps", "Verizon Reps", etc. are historically the last place you should be looking for your upcoming device news. Their jobs are predicated on towing the company line. If RIM is secreting the release of an upcoming Storm, as has been stated many times by those who have proven themselves credible in the past, then those 'reps' aren't going to say boo about it, nor do they probably even have any info on them yet.

Not saying he was lying, just not in the circle of trust yet.
    +1, never "Ask a Rep"
    12-15-10 04:24 PM
    I posted that info yesterday.
    I must have overlooked that! Mine is nicer! LMAO, nah j/k Oh well I guess. My post just solidifies what you said, OP prob thought you made it up. That thought makes me feel better. LOL!!!
    12-15-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD