05-04-14 07:10 PM
35 12
tools
    04-23-14 02:57 PM
    I for one honestly think they will do it.
    But for a specific reason only.
    Because of the Nanthealth contract that just happened.
    It'll will be test piloted there with all the kinks being worked out, then they may make a consumer market version.
    Depending on the success of the partnership.
    Personally I can't wait for a new Playbook.
    04-23-14 04:43 PM
    I for one honestly think they will do it.
    But for a specific reason only.
    Because of the Nanthealth contract that just happened.
    It'll will be test piloted there with all the kinks being worked out, then they may make a consumer market version.
    Depending on the success of the partnership.
    Personally I can't wait for a new Playbook.
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:52 AM
    They probably shouldn't call it a playbook.

Doesn't sound business friendly. Although it shows more naming creativity than some of their recent phones...
    05-02-14 05:13 AM
    Your right....the name Playbook wouldn't work. I doubt that I would ever by another tablet...my 64g playbook is still kicking. Nut my device will probably be a samsung note 3 or something similar that compliments my q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 11:09 PM
    You'll have to eventually. Batteries and nand flash memory both have limited lives.

Actually on that note, it would be nice to see tablets with easily exchangeable battery, and internal memory (or even SSD)
    05-03-14 05:28 AM
    Nand flash has a limited life does it?

Do you always just make **** up off the top of your head and post it on the Internet or just in this thread?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:48 AM
    What?

Im confused. Are you joking or did you seriously think I made that up? Either way, no need to be rude.

Of course nand flash has a limited life, thats well known. And of course so do lithium batteries.

Nand flash has a limited number of writes, and unlike SSD, does not optimize or adjust for it. Sure, its technically a lot of writes (probably much longer than the life of the battery or other components - constant writing it takes years by most calculators), but all the same, its limited, and most smart devices cache to their internal storage (meaning lots of writes), and you can't swap out the internal flash component when it fails to write any more. Ive had usb drives die. They are nand flash. It happens, google it, I thought everyone knew?

And of course components in tablets and smart phones have no real cooling. So the battery and cpu often run quite hot when being heavily used. And the screens are made of glass, thats a no brainer.

And the operating system upgrades and app requirements make the hardware redundant over time, as they do with PC, but quicker, because of general device turn over. Look at android 2.3 versus 4. Different galaxies.

The battery in, for example, a tablet, is not designed to be taken out. The battery life is made worse by charging and using at the same time, which a lot of users do.

You can replace them in tablets, but its not easy for the average person. Lithium batteries will only last 3-5 years of everyday use in a smart device really.

These devices are not made to have decade long lifetimes. They are like desktops but worse.
    05-04-14 05:41 AM
    I will buy 2 at least.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 09:45 AM
    Average life spans for Nand are in the hundreds of thousands, it's probably going to be one of the last things to worry about. That being said blackberry knows their hardware has a finite amount of writes and probably have minimal rewrites of cache data.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:10 PM
35 12