Not sure if posted but i have heard that there is a new blackberry coming out called Porsche Design P 99 or something like that. I saw a pic of it as well and its all stainless steel Just wanted to know if anyone know its any good and with stainless steel does it mean its all metal and would never break?
    04-06-12 08:08 AM
    I believe you are talking about the titanium edition of the Porsche P9981.

http://crackberry.com/limited-editio...gn-p9981-hands

This is a limited edition of the limited edition P9981. This device is very similar to the Bold 9900 series, except a different exterior design
    04-06-12 08:15 AM
    according to the Blog link above it sounds like there are only going to be a handful made and all the proceeds are going to charity. personally id love one but then id be kicking myself when BB10 comes out in a few months.
    04-09-12 05:44 PM
    I still think there's a chance that the high end current (1GHz+) devices will get BB10.

An act of kindness like that would be so incredibly unexpected that RIM may have a better chance.
    04-09-12 09:51 PM
    according to the Blog link above it sounds like there are only going to be a handful made and all the proceeds are going to charity. personally id love one but then id be kicking myself when BB10 comes out in a few months.
    If you can afford P'9981 then you should be able to pony up the money to get a BB10 phone on release for full price.
    04-12-12 09:29 AM
    I still think there's a chance that the high end current (1GHz+) devices will get BB10.

An act of kindness like that would be so incredibly unexpected that RIM may have a better chance.
    Unlikely,the architecture isn't capable it would need to be more like an iOS or Android device to work .
    04-29-12 06:14 PM
    Unlikely,the architecture isn't capable it would need to be more like an iOS or Android device to work .
    ...The latest Blackberrys are running Snapdragons.
    the 9900 runs a MSM8655 Snapdragon Processor, which according to Wikipedia is in the Fujitsu Toshiba IS12T, HTC Droid Incredible 2, HTC Evo Design 4G, HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution, Motorola Triumph, Pantech Mirach IS11PT, Samsung Conquer 4G, Sharp IS05 (SHI05), Sony Ericsson Xperia Acro (IS11S).

All of these are Android smartphone, though not necessarily available in North America.

AND:
    MSM8655 __ ARMv7 1.2 GHz Scorpion L2: 512 KB _______ Adreno 205 (1Ghz+ Blackberries)
    OMAP4430 _ ARMv7 1-1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 _ PowerVR SGX540 (Playbook)

The CPUs are very similar, the only difference being the Snapdragon is not dual core and has a different GPU
    Last edited by grahamf; 04-29-12 at 07:28 PM.
    04-29-12 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD