Loving the new passport but I'm still confused as to how you get numbers on it

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 01:07 PM
    I havent seen any demos of the device or clear explanation yet on how it works. Details are still rolling in and might not be clear yet from BB. Stay tuned!
    06-19-14 01:15 PM
    Hopefully we see something soon. I'm really not liking the look of this device, but I am intrigued by this new keyboard design. . .
    Kowal likes this.
    06-19-14 02:53 PM
    I'm Def in Love w passaport the keys bright and is capacitive keys w gestures based I loved the design I just need one!!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 02:56 PM
    I usually don't like the phones with keyboard unless they are slider, but since I saw the passport I fell in love . Seriously I'm thinking about switching to this device from my iphone. Well done BlackBerry , truly innovative!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    mk2234 likes this.
    06-19-14 03:11 PM
    Loving the new passport but I'm still confused as to how you get numbers on it
    I'd suspect that it will work like on an all-touch where on a field that can take numbers the numbers row pops up above the row for the letters, the only difference being that the letters on the passport are not virtual.
    06-21-14 04:36 AM
    Sorry, we can't as nobody has fully explained it to us yet! We'll just have to wait until nearer the launch I guess to find out! Patience my young Padawan!

Careful! Z10....er..... BlackDroid in action!
    06-21-14 06:02 AM
    I'm very curious about this, there are videos now of this device but I haven't seen the keyboard in use. I believe there is some magic here, including the possibility that the keyboard is interchangeable, slide it out and slide a larger keyboard in, that could explain why the corners are square, regardless I believe the wow factor may be still coming.

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Canada
    06-21-14 06:35 AM
    I am not sure if this answers the question.. but some info on how the keyboard works.

UTB EXCLUSIVE! Hands On With The BlackBerry Passport! | UTB Blogs
    So according to this article, there will be a cursor? This is crazy news!

Can't wait for:
    1. The official presentation, and
    2. Swipe my credit card to buy one!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 07:31 AM
    If the whole keypad really acts as a trackpad as well, then it is a done deal for me; that is almost how I wished my Q10 would work as well. Together with the rumoured swiping up/down for symbols I am starting to feel the typing experience will still be amazing. It will have a learning curve, but after that it should be a breeze.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-21-14 07:59 AM