I came across this industrial design filing for an "Electronic Device Terminal with Handset" registered to RIM. Looks like they first filed for it in the US at the end of 2011 and just received approval in Canada at the end of January this year. My guess is it is a dock for the Playbook that can also connect to a phone line and some other wired connections (judging from what look like ports on the back and the dock seems to be playbook size).

Full details here: Registration Number: 146067 - Canadian Industrial Designs Database - Canadian Intellectual Property Office

What are your guesses as to what this is? Have you seen this thing in the wild or do you think they will actually build it?
    04-16-13 01:18 AM
    I think it is a Media Dock for Playbook it looks like it has at least 4 USB ports on it or 4 HDMI ports. This would be cool for presentations and I also it appears to be a charging dock as well.

Will it be made and produced.. time will only tell.
    04-16-13 08:24 AM
    I think the part on the left is a phone hand set. Perfect for people that have VOIP phone systems at there office. Instead of bringing your desk phone home for those times you may work from home just bring the tablet and have 2 docking stations. This way you can carry less bulk since the tablet has all the brains.
    04-26-13 10:56 AM