We all know 2 photos are floating around for next storm. The one that is the obvious refresh, and the one with the track-pad. The PlayBook makes me curious about the one with the track-pad.

My reason is simple. The rumored "real" storm 3 is supposed to have the QNX OS. I did not see any traditional Blackberry buttons on the PlayBook. Doesn't that make it unlikely that the storm with the track-pad is designed for the QNX OS? What would even be the point of developing this phone if all the new phones after the supposed refreshed storm will have a QNX OS (well, thats my hope)?

Whats your thoughts. Just pointing out something I noticed with this thread.
    09-30-10 04:18 PM
    I was hanging out with some RIM guys on the weekend and they said the 9570 was axed a bit back, and thats why the dummies are out now... but something new is in the mix.
    09-30-10 04:19 PM
    They could have been just testing OS 6 on touch screens with the 9570. How hard would it really have been to just shove in a 512MB piece of ram into a storm 2. Might have helped them develop the touchscreen aspects of the Torch while its frame was being made for that phone.
    Last edited by OxyPunk; 09-30-10 at 04:31 PM.
    09-30-10 04:23 PM
    I was hanging out with some RIM guys on the weekend and they said the 9570 was axed a bit back, and thats why the dummies are out now... but something new is in the mix.
    Could you give us a bit more info? Has the carrier dropped the storm entirely or is something new coming out in time for the holidays?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 07:22 PM
    Seriously, if your post is the true and they said that something else is in the work, why wouldn't you ask more about what that something is???

IMO RIM needs some kinda touchscreen device out for the holiday season on Verizon. They can't just ax the 9570 and then figure they will make due with S2 sales over the holidays. Especially also, since they have to know that a lot of S1 owners, well if they haven't already abandon the device, are coming due for a NE2 around this time and are most likely looking for a touchscreen device.
    Something's gotta give here, and I hope, althou I doubt it, that they will push the real S3 up and release it before the holidays or sometime soon after....
    10-06-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD