I was just surfing through the web to find a Tablet that suits me best...
    And was also reading some reviews about all kind of Tablets.
    But then I found an article that isn't very old just 10days ago Techradar is writing about an PlayBook 2 not 2.0... I mean 2... Dos!! what does that mean, how can that be.. mistake..? Hm...

http://m.techradar.com/news/mobile-c...ame=0&ns_fee=0

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:31 PM
    Sry guys, my fault... I don't know why but at first time I read this article was from 9th August 2013 and now I see it was from may.. sorry!!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:35 PM
    Interesting to see, but I don't trust it. Thor said they were turning away from tablets. I would be very surprised if they released a PlayBook 2 running BB10. I would be PLEASANTLY surprised, but surprised none the less...

And Thor would be OH SO NICE enough to let everyone with a current Playbook upgrade to a PB2 running BB10
    08-19-13 12:35 PM
    Interesting to see, but I don't trust it. Thor said they were turning away from tablets. I would be very surprised if they released a PlayBook 2 running BB10. I would be PLEASANTLY surprised, but surprised none the less...

And Thor would be OH SO NICE enough to let everyone with a current Playbook upgrade to a PB2 running BB10

It's hard to say what the future holds.. I too would be thrilled if a new playbook was announced, there just isn't anything else on the market that tickles my fancy. But they have been pretty clear that they aren't looking to compete in the tablet space.. so i'm not holding my breath.

That said, they have also been clear very vocal about wanting to be a leader in mobile computing (truth is we don't know what mobile computing really means so it's hard to say it's clear) So i've gotta ask myself how one could be a leader in mobile computing without a mobile computer.. maybe it's not a tablet as we know it.. maybe it's a screen/battery combo with a suped up bridge function.. I really don't know.. but I hope there is SOMETHING in the works..

That also begs the question though.. if there is something in the works, whu not at least announce it when they announced killing off the playbook? why let users go out and purchase competitors tablets thinking Blackberry would never make another.. I know the marketing is bad.. but really? SO maybe nothing is coming.. but then back to the question about mobile computing..
    Last edited by just_luc; 08-19-13 at 01:06 PM.
    mathking606 likes this.
    08-19-13 12:42 PM
    Oh they messed up their tablet game.Messed it up good PR team did brilliant there.People already left for other tablets why would people consider investing in a tablet BB can flat line.Its hard enough investing in BB phones how anyone consider a tablet NOW is laughable not just what BB did but as a whole with real phablets appearing like the Sony experia Z ultra.
    08-19-13 12:51 PM
    Sry guys, my fault... I don't know why but at first time I read this article was from 9th August 2013 and now I see it was from may.. sorry!!

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes the mind sees what it wants to see, lol

Pretty sure the announcement of the end of PlayBook marked the end of any future tablet development from BlackBerry.
    08-19-13 11:03 PM

That is not what he said

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 03:49 PM
    Sometimes the mind sees what it wants to see, lol

Pretty sure the announcement of the end of PlayBook marked the end of any future tablet development from BlackBerry.
    I agree. If they had even the slightest plans to release a next gen blackberry tablet, or even a plain screen accessory to bridge bb10 too, the time to tell us would have been the day they dropped the bomb on the playbook.

I've gone all in on the 2013 nexus 7, already over 100$ worth of accessories and apps on the way and honestly I'm blown away by what Google has done with this tablet. My first android device. Way more uses then I could imagine.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:13 AM
    I agree. If they had even the slightest plans to release a next gen blackberry tablet, or even a plain screen accessory to bridge bb10 too, the time to tell us would have been the day they dropped the bomb on the playbook.

I've gone all in on the 2013 nexus 7, already over 100$ worth of accessories and apps on the way and honestly I'm blown away by what Google has done with this tablet. My first android device. Way more uses then I could imagine.

Posted via CB10
    I'll get the nexus 7 (2013) too...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:34 AM
    I believe it. They're not just going to trash that pretty experience they built. They already had plans to release a larger tablet. The only thing that changed was that the software will not be available for old Playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:25 PM
    Playbook 2 refers to the Playbook 4G model which uses an OMAP4460 instead of the original Playbook Wifi model which uses an OMAP4430.
    08-25-13 03:10 AM
    In the article they refer to the playbook OS 2.0, not a device

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    08-28-13 05:02 PM