Heres my breakdown of what I think about all the new devices. Torch 2, Storm 3, Apollo and Dakota. Let me know what you guys think

01-22-11 03:02 PM
    I think the Monaco/S3 will be an amazing phone!

LTE isn't all that important to me (at least not yet), even though I'm probably in a launch city (Los Angeles, CA).
    Also, QNX is cool, but OS 6.1 can hold me over (it sounds like a pretty good OS, and I still like BBs OS 'style').

The 3.7" screen will be really nice, and I hear its really thin, so it will look good :P

I'm really really excited for the S3 and with the boosted memory and processor with what I use it for, it should be speedy and functional.

I just hope it releases around March/April!
    01-23-11 02:21 AM
    Dakota: Looks amazing, going to put the Bold back in the Bold series.
    T2: Very swish, upgraded processor, I'm sold.
    Monaco: Again, a very nice phone. Will consider it instead of a T2/T1, but it will be most likely I get a Torch.
    Apollo: Well, the curve series was meant to bring beauty. This phone does it without a doubt. Makes my 8520 look so 1991.
    01-23-11 02:46 AM
    the fact that they will most likely run OS 6.1 instead of QNX is a huge, HUGE disappointment

it will probably end up making me switch to WP7 or Android before getting another BB (a lapse of four years) on my following hardware upgrade
    01-27-11 01:15 AM
    the fact that they will most likely run OS 6.1 instead of QNX is a huge, HUGE disappointment

it will probably end up making me switch to WP7 or Android before getting another BB (a lapse of four years) on my following hardware upgrade
    Just as a matter of interest, what features were you expecting in qnx that are in wp7 and android that you don't expect to see in os 6.1?
    01-27-11 10:18 AM
    Just as a matter of interest, what features were you expecting in qnx that are in wp7 and android that you don't expect to see in os 6.1?
    to be honest, it's not solely the software as WP7 and modern Android devices have a minimum hardware specification, specifically processors at 1Ghz and above. Beyond this, I wanted QNX since it focuses heavily on multimedia and a fluid UI. If the phone runs QNX, RIM would have no choice but to put in, amongst other goodies, a beefier CPU.

Ultimately, I would like a device that will let me experience multimedia and web content like an iphone, have bbm and a qwerty keyboard with customizability (and a good number of apps) like Android devices.

From the videos that we've seen so far, QNX seems to be able to do all these better than OS 6/6.1.
    01-27-11 11:28 PM
    what i'm really happy about is that these will have wifi hotspot capabilities. with the playbook, data tethering via bluetooth/usb is a moot point. the only problem is the carriers will probably try to monetize the wifi hotspot feature...

my ne2 is up in june, but i can wait til august for the montana
    01-28-11 01:44 AM
    to be honest, it's not solely the software as WP7 and modern Android devices have a minimum hardware specification, specifically processors at 1Ghz and above. Beyond this, I wanted QNX since it focuses heavily on multimedia and a fluid UI. If the phone runs QNX, RIM would have no choice but to put in, amongst other goodies, a beefier CPU.

Ultimately, I would like a device that will let me experience multimedia and web content like an iphone, have bbm and a qwerty keyboard with customizability (and a good number of apps) like Android devices.

From the videos that we've seen so far, QNX seems to be able to do all these better than OS 6/6.1.
    1.2Ghz cpu is not "beefy" enough for a phone? Still making brand new netbooks with that cpu. H.e.LL what do you want a frigging mainframe?
    01-28-11 08:19 AM
    1.2Ghz cpu is not "beefy" enough for a phone? Still making brand new netbooks with that cpu. H.e.LL what do you want a frigging mainframe?
    but that's only on the S3, right?

I'm not looking for a touchscreen device, but my current phone is the old old curve and is as slow as sh-. i never want to do a battery pull because the phone froze trying to load up a demanding app.
    01-28-11 09:34 AM
    but that's only on the S3, right?

I'm not looking for a touchscreen device, but my current phone is the old old curve and is as slow as sh-. i never want to do a battery pull because the phone froze trying to load up a demanding app.
    The Montana, aka Bold Touch is also 1.2Ghz
    01-28-11 10:26 AM
    The Montana, aka Bold Touch is also 1.2Ghz
    ahhh damn. then excuse me while i go eat my own words

om nom nom nom
    01-28-11 10:50 AM
    You're making me hungry!

I am excited for the CDMA peeps on this one. Many were crying they were forgotten, etc. so its nice to have a layout of what to expect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 02:40 PM
    Bolds look like a good upgrade. They should scream with that processor and memory.

Monaco is good, but not great due to how late it is coming out compared to competitors. A 3.7" screen is better, but I was hoping for 4". Profile and thinness look great however! It will be trailing "like" competitors by a year, but people living in BB world or just wanting a BB will love it most likely. I am not thrilled.

All missing front facing camera for my liking. That would have been a feature that would have kept me waiting. LTE would have also kept me waiting. I will probably go a different direction, but am undecided as of yet.

I don't mind BB6.1 instead of QNX if it is as good as the updated specs. Everyone is making QNX out for things that are yet to be verified. Looks like it might be great, but I will wait and see once a phone with it leaks.
    01-29-11 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD