07-21-10 06:34 AM
91 123 ...
tools
    Per BBleaks... Rumoring a 9700 refresh with 512MB mem, 5MP cam and OS 6...

Interesting prospect to say the least...

BlackBerry Onyx Delta; a Refreshed Bold 9700? - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 06:57 PM
    Leads me to believe that 512mb is the requirement for running 6.0 . That being said, I will stick to what I have right now which is a perfect running 9700. 5 megapixel camera and more memory is not enough to get me excited.

06-02-10 07:08 PM
    Leads me to believe that 512mb is the requirement for running 6.0 . That being said, I will stick to what I have right now which is a perfect running 9700. 5 megapixel camera and more memory is not enough to get me excited.

Well said. But still I think os 6.0 will come for our version of the 9700 aswell. It doesn't mean it will get left out
    06-02-10 07:40 PM
    If they introduce a new version of this damn phone right after I got it (and another freakin' two-year contract), I'll be pissed! :P
    06-02-10 08:05 PM
    what a joke. rim fooled us badly. so this means the 9700 is not the next generation of devices.
    06-02-10 08:09 PM
    Good lord, here come the "how can a company release another product better than the one they sold me" folks.
    06-02-10 08:18 PM
    Good lord, here come the "how can a company release another product better than the one they sold me" folks.
    It's not that... But the product is a slightly modified version of a product they already sold. I mean why didn't they just go to that 9700a from the beginning, RIM sells phones which only improve certain specs. The progression moves sooo slow, that's what we're complaining about. I'd rather they made 9700a from the beginning and screw the useless 9700 if they're gonna mess around like that
    06-02-10 08:33 PM
    It's not that... But the product is a slightly modified version of a product they already sold. I mean why didn't they just go to that 9700a from the beginning, RIM sells phones which only improve certain specs. The progression moves sooo slow, that's what we're complaining about. I'd rather they made 9700a from the beginning and screw the useless 9700 if they're gonna mess around like that
    That's exactly what RIM did with the Tour. That's the way it is.

06-02-10 08:40 PM
    Whatever, since when did the 9700 become useless? I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I love the 9700 and when I bought it I bought it for what it is not what it might one day become. That's just me though.
    06-02-10 08:41 PM
    Whatever, since when did the 9700 become useless? I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I love the 9700 and when I bought it I bought it for what it is not what it might one day become. That's just me though.
    Don't get me wrong the 9700 is craaazyy in all aspects, the look of it is just perfect I find. But who wouldn't want extra specs you know. But still i'm sticking with this phone for awhile I love it
    06-02-10 08:46 PM
    Give me all of the above and throw in a 1 Ghz snapdragon processor and I'm sold. I don't get why RIM is always behind on processing power. Don't get me wrong though, I love my 9700. It's a sexy phone. Never leave home without it.
    06-02-10 08:57 PM
    Abs. great phone
    06-02-10 08:58 PM
    i hope this isn't true, just got this phone ~1 month ago.
    06-02-10 10:05 PM
    Give me all of the above and throw in a 1 Ghz snapdragon processor and I'm sold. I don't get why RIM is always behind on processing power. Don't get me wrong though, I love my 9700. It's a sexy phone. Never leave home without it.
    Ugg with the snap dragon...

Look at the Droid Extreme. It is running a different chip running far below 1 ghz and its performance is smoking the 1 ghz crowd. And it runs cooler and gets better battery life.

putting this level of processor in a BB is like slapping a 600 hp engine in a hugo. The tranny and suspension can't handle that kind of power. The BB OS and the memory that include would make that much processor a waste. As it is the Storm 1 has a GPU that it flat out never users...
    06-02-10 10:13 PM
    I think it is acceptable that a manufacturer updated their product. The problem with RIM lately is that the time frame is very fast. Their top of the line devices (Tour, Bold 9700) aren't even making it a year. It's cool if this thing drops a year after the 9700, but sooner then that and it shows RIM incompetence in specing their hardware out and considering their software plans for the next 18-24 months.
    06-02-10 10:16 PM
    I am rocking the 8100, and the 9700a would be a HUGE upgrade. The pearl is nice, but iono when it's hitting tmo usa. plus, the specs on the 9100 are not that great. 9700a is looking better and better.
    06-03-10 02:35 AM
    Rim doesn't have a problem with early updates the problem is find out about to soon through leaks for all we know this thing can come out next year
    06-03-10 05:44 AM
    Given the limited increase in specs, this is probably intended to be out before the holiday season so that carriers have an os6-optimal version of the standard blackberry form factor.

While people may feel annoyed when newer models come out, this always happens, all you can really do is ask yourself is device x right for you at the time when you come to buy it, worrying about them becoming outdated can only lead to madness.

In some ways, this is similar to the way nokia works with a large range of devices rather than the one big event a year of others, it only seems like a shock to the system because rim are the ones doing it whereas they used to be more of a once a year company.
    06-03-10 06:28 AM
    Screw it... I want a 4ghz processor, 16 gigs of app memory, and a 26 mp camera.... Oh and OS 7.0. My phone now is just too slow for me
    Last edited by Pi Guy 3.14; 06-03-10 at 09:09 AM.
    06-03-10 08:59 AM
    Screw it... I want a 4ghz processor, 16 gigs of app memory, and a 26 mp camera.... Oh and OS 7.0. My phone now is just too slow for me
    assuming that RIM doubles the app memory every six months, that will arrive in 2 1/2 years.
    I think you should invest in cryogenics.
    06-03-10 11:29 AM
    I'll be damned to think that my 7 month old phone should be obsolete according to RIM. I fought long and hard for them. I always stood up for them when people bashed their shortcomings. I am off to better things come October. OS 6.0 is not worth spending the money on another phone.
    06-03-10 03:47 PM
    I'll be damned to think that my 7 month old phone should be obsolete according to RIM. I fought long and hard for them. I always stood up for them when people bashed their shortcomings. I am off to better things come October. OS 6.0 is not worth spending the money on another phone.
    Your phone does not become obsolete because a new model comes out. It's called progression.
    06-03-10 04:01 PM
    Your phone does not become obsolete because a new model comes out. It's called progression.
    Call it what it is, but in October of 09 I waited for a Tmobile store to open in order to buy the "latest and greatest". I purchased this phone wrongly assuming this phone had the ability to "progress" with RIM's innovations. If 5.0 is what I am stuck with after less than 8 month's of use, then I see no need to spend my money with RIM any longer. Other cell phone operating systems have "progressed" at a much faster rate using the same hardware - to tell the 9700 users they are last generation is unacceptable to me.
    06-03-10 04:13 PM
    Call it what it is, but in October of 09 I waited for a Tmobile store to open in order to buy the "latest and greatest". I purchased this phone wrongly assuming this phone had the ability to "progress" with RIM's innovations. If 5.0 is what I am stuck with after less than 8 month's of use, then I see no need to spend my money with RIM any longer. Other cell phone operating systems have "progressed" at a much faster rate using the same hardware - to tell the 9700 users they are last generation is unacceptable to me.
    The problem is you basing this all on a rumour someone started with nothing to support it. Unless I missed something, did RIM make an official statement about OS 6.0 not coming to the 9700? Just be patient, you will see....
    06-03-10 04:27 PM
    One more point to add, can you name the last device that did NOT receive an OS update from the original one they shipped with? And I dont mean 5.0.0.231 to 5.0.0.231, Im talking about a major increment.
    06-03-10 04:31 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD