MODERATOR, feel free to move this to ???? I couldn't figure where to put it.

This isn't a rumor but I'd like to start one and hope maybe RIM will think about it?

I much prefer flip phones and I would really like a Pearl Flip with the following:

WiFi and 3g on both CDMA and GSM versions.
    Fastest available processor.
    More memory.

If they'd do that (and it requires nothing new, just bits and pieces of existing BlackBerries) I would make another effort to live with SureType!

So can we all start a rumor that the Pearl Flip 2 as described above is coming soon and see if we can make RIM believe it? <G>

NOTE: on memory, I've always wondered why RIM doesn't allow the media card to be used as expanded memory for the phone? Seems that it should be possible with some juggling of the OS?
    Last edited by xs11e; 12-26-09 at 11:45 PM. Reason: fix spelling! :-(
    11-19-09 10:55 PM
    This would be the spot for a thread like this.
    11-19-09 11:32 PM
    I strongly agree with you. There are just a few upgrades that would really improve the current flip blackberries. I definitely favor the clamshell/flip form factor and believe that the pros at RIM could really win over some new converts with as noted an improved camera, access to better memory or a memory card slot and 3g capability. Totally doable and an instant buy for me. C'mon RIM....lets do it.
    12-26-09 11:19 PM
    Thank you, I'm very pleased with my 8330 but I'd leave it in a minute for a flip version!
    12-26-09 11:47 PM
    Why the flip phone - never understood it. I had an old Nokia non-flip, then an LG flip, then my 8330.

I didn't mind the LG flip phone, just never understood the reason why people like them better than the brick phone. Unless you like to flip things (hopefully not a certain finger).
    12-27-09 01:19 AM
    Yeah, little work under the hood (Wi-Fi, 3G, upgrade camera, and more memory) and I and a lot more would go for it. Have two versions of the Pearl- The Striker and the Flip II.
    12-27-09 01:52 AM
    MODERATOR, feel free to move this to ???? I couldn't figure where to put it.

This isn't a rumor but I'd like to start one and hope maybe RIM will think about it?

I much prefer flip phones and I would really like a Pearl Flip with the following:

WiFi and 3g on both CDMA and GSM versions.
    Fastest available processor.
    More memory.

If they'd do that (and it requires nothing new, just bits and pieces of existing BlackBerries) I would make another effort to live with SureType!

So can we all start a rumor that the Pearl Flip 2 as described above is coming soon and see if we can make RIM believe it? <G>

NOTE: on memory, I've always wondered why RIM doesn't allow the media card to be used as expanded memory for the phone? Seems that it should be possible with some juggling of the OS?
    Security reasons. Plain and simple. On a BES system, the entire device can be wiped remotely by the BES manager before data can be compromised. The one part that is immune to this,I believe (and will correct if I'm wrong), is the media card. Therefore, sensitive operational capabilities don't go on the media card.

As to rumors, please take note that newer devices are coming out with onboard memory/media storage. It is an outside guess and theory I have that this may be accessible in the future for just such a possibility. It is speculation now, but I strongly suspect it may happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-27-09 at 02:01 AM.
    12-27-09 01:59 AM
    I hate to bust your bubble, but Flip Blackberrys are a dead form factor. The Pearl Flip was a big loser for RIM and a form factor that they are not willing at this point to revisit. Rumors of slider devises seem to be more of the trend for RIM and the Blackberry.
    12-27-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD