07-06-13 02:08 PM
34 12
tools
    Why are so many people suggesting tampering with the phone and voiding it's warranty as a viable option? It's be like taking a chainsaw to a minivan because you require a truck.
    03-15-13 01:33 AM
    I also could be fired if I came to work with a camera phone. I am eligible for an upgrade with Verizon now and I've been holding off because I was assuming the Q10 would have a non-camera version since it is the more "business" phone. Even if there is a BES solution to disable the camera, mine would be a personal Blackberry and therefore now connected to the company network. Nevertheless, I would still need and physical non-camera phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    03-15-13 10:34 AM
    Has there been any recent word on RIM providing a non-camera Blackberry 10 model. My job does not allow me to bring a camera phone to work so I would be very interested if one was available. I currently have a non-camera Bold 9650.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Wow! I think it's amazing. I wonder if you have any idea about the price though. Thanks
    03-24-13 10:17 AM
    Anybody know if they are coming out with a non camera edition ?? i am also lookign for one
    05-02-13 11:51 PM
    It might not be that expensive to come up with a non camera edition. Just don't install the camera and stuck something in there. However, with the new BES policy to disable the camera, I wonder if there would still be a big demand for such device. I know some people want to bring in a personal non camera phone to work... but is that enough demand?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:20 AM
    I am still hoping they would make one .... this is so bad ... i am stuck with my 9930 without camera one
    07-01-13 12:05 AM
    It might not be that expensive to come up with a non camera edition. Just don't install the camera and stuck something in there. However, with the new BES policy to disable the camera, I wonder if there would still be a big demand for such device. I know some people want to bring in a personal non camera phone to work... but is that enough demand?

Posted via CB10
    If businesses are concerned about no camera, then they should implement BES and problem solved.
    07-01-13 07:56 AM
    If businesses are concerned about no camera, then they should implement BES and problem solved.
    Believe it or not there are some businesses that don't want to add the extra cost to support BES or any type of MDM system. A non-camera option phone makes for a easy solution to deploy out with no extra cost or resources having to be used.

There is a small market for non-camera devices as there are still some places were a software solution of disabling a camera is seen as imperfect. Hell, like some mention is this thread, even physically removing the camera did not pass muster.
    07-06-13 03:09 AM
    Believe it or not there are some businesses that don't want to add the extra cost to support BES or any type of MDM system. A non-camera option phone makes for a easy solution to deploy out with no extra cost or resources having to be used.

There is a small market for non-camera devices as there are still some places were a software solution of disabling a camera is seen as imperfect. Hell, like some mention is this thread, even physically removing the camera did not pass muster.
    If they don't want a camera on the phone, then they are concerned about security. If they are concerned about security, they need to implement a MDM solution. Why would a company want a non-camera phone and implement no security.
    07-06-13 02:08 PM
34 12