tools
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) 9720
    5) Z5
    6) tablet emulator

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    9720 isn't apart of the BB10 portfolio. That's a BB7 device. A10 should take its place.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 03:55 AM
    q5: price will drop like the z10 and become the low end device.
    q10: will become midrange device when larger qwerty device comes out.
    q**

z10: midrange touch device.
    a10: flagship touch
    ***: ?
    6 devices total
    07-21-13 12:50 PM
    I'm also feeling a larger qwerty unit coming. If not this year, then next. Maybe it's just wishful thinking? That's what i want as my next phone lol. A q10 based on the a10 form factor. Just imagine how big the battery could be... mmm...

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    07-25-13 09:15 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if they released a bb10 slider this year, maybe call it the s10?

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    07-25-13 10:38 PM
    I think there is basically zero chance of us seeing one this year, something would have leaked by now, but as far as next year, it would actually seem like a logical move for them to produce a larger qwerty as the strengths of the q10 come from the physical keyboard and they great battery so it is less in need of a direct upgrade than all-touch models are.

As far as the form that a larger qwerty will take, I suspect that it will not be a slider. With the market trends being towards thinner and larger phones, a larger qwerty model seems more likely than a slider, you avoid having a thicker device, you afford the increased manufacturing complexity and you do not compromise on the physical keyboard. If they stuck with the 1:1 display, they could go as big as 4.2" - 4.5" before the device got too wide for most people.
    07-26-13 09:34 AM
    The first quote along those lines was definitely six BB devices in 2013 rather than explicitly stating BB10 and given the fact that new devices tend to leak well in advance of launch, it seems very difficult to believe that there are two completely unknown devices due out by about October, even one is quite tough to believe but would at least make sense since it would fill the 6th slot if you include the 9720 in the 6.
    I completely understand where you're coming from regarding leaks and the fact that we haven't seen any lead us to believe that the A10 will be the last device we see this year. However, leaks occur because the device needs carrier testing and the carriers tend to leak the device.

A tablet (or dummy-tablet) would not require carrier testing and could be kept a secret until it is ready to unveil. If memory serves correct, there was only talk of the PlayBook prior to it being unveiled and no leaks were really available.

With that being said, I doubt we will see something like this from BlackBerry this year, but it is a possibility. If BlackBerry does have a surprise in store for us, my guess is it will be unveiled at BlackBerry Jam in September (most likely along side the A10, showing a glimpse of the mobile computing Thorsten keeps referring to).

I'm hoping BlackBerry does surprise us, but I'm not confident at all that it will happen.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-28-13 11:02 AM
    With that being said, I doubt we will see something like this from BlackBerry this year, but it is a possibility. If BlackBerry does have a surprise in store for us, my guess is it will be unveiled at BlackBerry Jam in September (most likely along side the A10, showing a glimpse of the mobile computing Thorsten keeps referring to).

I'm hoping BlackBerry does surprise us, but I'm not confident at all that it will happen.
    One surprise would certainly be doable from them, even if slightly unlikely given their general leakiness, it is if people exclude the 9720 from the 6 for 2013 meaning that there would have to be two complete surprises that just strikes me as out of the question.
    07-29-13 03:15 AM
    A5 and z15 on deck.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:07 PM
    Yeah, too many nebulous articles. I just wish that we could have an absolute answer from BB themselves, stating 6 (BB10) devices will be launched. Even the moderators don't seem to know.
    07-31-13 06:52 PM
34 12