07-31-13 05:52 PM
34 12
tools
    Sorry for the title. It was supposed to read 'Next 2 devices'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but TH stated that there will be 6 hand sets this Year, and we are now on launch #3, with 4 to soon follow. With this said, my thoughts are that BlackBerry will launch the (additional?) 2 options that I have been hearing about:

1). The smart-watch

2). The dumb-terminal (tablet emulator?)

I am not too crazy about the watch, but I would really like to see an answer to the PlayBook. Perhaps this device could connect blue tooth to all BB10 devices, to allow for a tablet experience that uses the phones processing power. This seems to fall in line with TH's vision.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 11:57 PM
    A new legacy phone is coming out. Can we safely say this is the #4 device? Hopefully, A10 is still coming out as #5.
    New playbook 10 as #6
    07-09-13 12:05 AM
    I don't think the legacy device was counted. As for the bb10 PlayBook, we can forget about it. I still think BlackBerry has a trick up their sleeve for an answer though.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:59 AM
    Most articles had the quote as 6 devices, so the new legacy probably does count and my guess for the 6th device is a porsche design version of z10 or q10 because the only other thing that would make sense right now would be a z5 and the z10 has already dropped low enough in price as far as contracts are concerned anyway.
    07-09-13 06:25 AM
    Naw, the new legacy BlackBerry doesn't count. All 6 devices are yo complete the whole BB10 portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:05 AM
    Most articles had the quote as 6 devices, so the new legacy probably does count and my guess for the 6th device is a porsche design version of z10 or q10 because the only other thing that would make sense right now would be a z5 and the z10 has already dropped low enough in price as far as contracts are concerned anyway.
    I agree that the legacy device is counted as one of the six. Number 4 probably and Aristo being 5. Thor said there was a device or something he was "really excited about". I'll assume it's not the S4 competitor Aristo and there's something else no one is talking about yet.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 07-11-13 at 12:42 AM.
    07-11-13 12:15 AM
    I'm pretty sure that it was specifically stated that there would be six "BlackBerry 10" devices coming out this year. The new marketing guy I believe is the one that this quote came from.

With that said, I believed that this new legacy device was not part of the six. That would put us at just 3 launched devices with the Aristo being #4 and leaving 2 BlackBerry 10 devices left to come out. Personally I haven't seen anything i want yet

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    07-11-13 12:23 AM
    How many versions of the Q are there? Worst case scenario, and playing some devil's advocate here, could the three versions of the Z, plus the Q, the 5, and Aristo be the six devices?

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    07-11-13 12:39 AM
    How many versions of the Q are there? Worst case scenario, and playing some devil's advocate here, could the three versions of the Z, plus the Q, the 5, and Aristo be the six devices?
    Using that counting would put them a long way over 6 as you had 4 Z's, at least 3 each of q10 and q5 and a similar amount for a-series.
    07-11-13 05:40 AM
    I agree that the legacy device is counted as one of the six. Number 4 probably and Aristo being 5. Thor said there was a device or something he was "really excited about". I'll assume it's not the S4 competitor Aristo and there's something else no one is talking about yet.
    We cannot even be sure that the thing TH is really excited about is even a device, it could even be some new software product for all we know.
    07-11-13 05:41 AM
    I'm pretty sure that it was specifically stated that there would be six "BlackBerry 10" devices coming out this year. The new marketing guy I believe is the one that this quote came from.

With that said, I believed that this new legacy device was not part of the six. That would put us at just 3 launched devices with the Aristo being #4 and leaving 2 BlackBerry 10 devices left to come out. Personally I haven't seen anything i want yet
    The first quote along those lines was definitely six BB devices in 2013 rather than explicitly stating BB10 and given the fact that new devices tend to leak well in advance of launch, it seems very difficult to believe that there are two completely unknown devices due out by about October, even one is quite tough to believe but would at least make sense since it would fill the 6th slot if you include the 9720 in the 6.
    07-11-13 05:46 AM
    I'm hoping for a 3.5" Q10 screen device. Make it bigger for bigger buttons. My fingers are too big for the Q10.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    07-11-13 07:31 PM
    07-11-13 07:57 PM
    I'm hoping for a 3.5" Q10 screen device. Make it bigger for bigger buttons. My fingers are too big for the Q10.
    ...You can bet that there will be a slider with the screen that you wanted. Blackberry actually has a newer patent filing on this. I can't remember where the link is, but one of the moderators posted it a few Months ago.
    07-11-13 08:00 PM
    I would not be surprised to see the mid-tier touch thrown in there (likely not named Z5 though).

That would leave one slot for an un-leaked device (or none if you count 9720): perhaps a slider (M-Series revived)?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    07-12-13 07:49 AM
    So, it looks like (6) BB10 <devices> this year. At least they are all BB10 by the reads:
    Those first two links are quoting the Boulben interview, whereas the original quote from TH only mentioned BB devices, but I guess we will have to wait and see until later in the year to see which turns out to be the case.
    07-12-13 09:40 AM
    Yeah, the more i think about it, the more I go back to the logic of:

Thin-client style (dumb terminal) device; probably 10 inch, to cover the void now created with the playbook issue, followed by the ever popular slider launched around Christmas/New Year.

Either way, just talking strictly devices, the rest of this Year should be a solid ramp-up....
    07-12-13 09:33 PM
    I think they may not release all 6 bb10 devices this year but I'm starting to thong that after the A10, the next device may be a bigger keyboard device then the Q10. I have no info to back this up. It's just a thought/feeling.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    07-12-13 10:15 PM
    I think they may not release all 6 bb10 devices this year but I'm starting to thong that after the A10, the next device may be a bigger keyboard device then the Q10. I have no info to back this up. It's just a thought/feeling.

Lol thong :P

Posted via Vader10
    07-12-13 10:21 PM
    Maybe the codenamed "King" device? Thinking maybe the codenamed "Thong" device is there low end device using minimal parts

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-16-13 06:11 PM
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) 9720
    5) Z5
    6) tablet emulator

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-16-13 06:29 PM
    Ibpluto:

I think your #5 should read A10(?), ad it is already confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:46 PM
    Possible that we will see Z10 successor this year. Keep in mind that the Z10 has the specs of the Galaxy S 3. With the new iphone about to come out and the Galaxy S *4* approaching 6 months of age the Z10 is ridiculously outdated in terms of hardware relative to its price.
    07-17-13 02:09 PM
    Oops...@ thong...lol. well that would be a sexy code name for a device :P

07-17-13 11:18 PM
    IMO, I see the specs and I'm not too worried since it will matter more on the price of the device than the actual specs, If they come out swinging with a price of 149 $ for example, who cares if the S4 has better specs, more people will get to test drive the BB10 platform which is a good thing, as long as the experience is super-smooth and don't forget that the rest of the catalog of the Android app market will open with the new 4.2.2 Android runtime. If they price it on par with the S4 and iPhone 5s , certainly we will look at a catastrophy.
    07-18-13 12:06 PM
34 12