02-17-11 05:36 AM
27 12
tools

Okay, here is the picture from wayyyyyy back in September of the leaked picture of a S3 prototype, now look AT THE SCREEN. Notice what the design looks like, almost like a curvy landscape picture. Now look at the leaked BGR pic from Jan 2011 below.

Notice, how this is a almost "press release" shot of the S3, notice how IT IS THE SAME screen reflection as the person holding a live unit above.

Does that mean someone photoshopped it? Im just saying, it is weird that the design is the same in a actual device pic in someones hand and a "press release" shot of the device. Its very odd, but just my 2 cents. Maybe it is just a picture that is part of the default backgrounds. I REALLY want the storm3, i love my storm2 but am looking forward to an upgrade.

Okay, here's a picture from the newest crackberry.com blog post. it appears the picture are real! YAYYYYYY STORM BABYYY
    Last edited by dsquared2; 01-27-11 at 07:19 PM.
    01-25-11 07:27 PM
    Remember all phones start as concept.
    The phones just leaked look like computer renderings of what the phone is supposed to be.

The S3 has been in testing for over 5 months.
    We really wont know until we see more information arise.
    01-25-11 07:34 PM
    Remember all phones start as concept.
    The phones just leaked look like computer renderings of what the phone is supposed to be.

The S3 has been in testing for over 5 months.
    We really wont know until we see more information arise.
    okay, i just thought it was really weird that they had the same background being how far apart the pictures were posted, almost 4 months. im psyched for the S3, but it just made me stop for a second when i realized they both had the same background and one is a live unit and one is a picture floating and looking all cool and shiny haha
    01-25-11 07:37 PM
    i think your point has tons of validity here, and is worth much more than being brushed off.

I don't think fubaz realizes taht you're talking about the reflection in the glass of the phone. The rendering is exactly the same as the live picture that was released picture from months ago.

That doesn't make sense. You have a keen eye, DS. I certianly think your point warrants more discussion.
    01-26-11 03:08 PM
    i think your point has tons of validity here, and is worth much more than being brushed off.

I don't think fubaz realizes taht you're talking about the reflection in the glass of the phone. The rendering is exactly the same as the live picture that was released picture from months ago.

That doesn't make sense. You have a keen eye, DS. I certianly think your point warrants more discussion.
    Okay so I'm not completely crazy haha. Yes I just can't get over that reflection being the same!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 11:03 AM
    Okay so I'm not completely crazy haha. Yes I just can't get over that reflection being the same!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, neither can I. I certainly don't understand how it hasn't gotten more play. If I were you, I'd email the tipsters and link this thread. I'd like to get some more discussion on this.

The storm render was released when the two others were. based on the storm rendering, it's possible all three could be BS.
    01-27-11 11:11 AM
    Yeah, neither can I. I certainly don't understand how it hasn't gotten more play. If I were you, I'd email the tipsters and link this thread. I'd like to get some more discussion on this.

The storm render was released when the two others were. based on the storm rendering, it's possible all three could be BS.
    i just did, it's on public wifi so it won't send until later but yeah i will be soooooo mad if these are fake
    01-27-11 11:25 AM
    Wow you really do have a sharp eye. I see exactly what you mean. I'm as excited for the S3 as well. And judging from that screen, i'm gonna miss surepress. I hate standard touchscreens and that damn trackpad, whats the point if its supposed to be TOUCHSCREEN!!! I hope this Sept release rumor remains just that. However, I'm very interested to see the next installment of the Storm line.
    01-27-11 12:37 PM
    someone brought up that the picture on the screen is a reflection of a museum in Spain near where the MWC (i think thats what it is) in Spain will be held.

It is odd that it is featured on the 'real' image of the device in that guys hand though... that is a bit confusing and I really don't have an answer for it yet...
    01-27-11 12:40 PM
    You know what else, in the image, the phone doesn't even appear to be turned on. So how would it even appear as a background? There is definitely some monkey business going on here!
    01-27-11 12:42 PM
    It could also be that the guy is holding a dummy model with the same screen shot on it. Just another idea.
    01-27-11 12:58 PM
    This is very weird .
    How can this be?
    01-27-11 01:17 PM
    You know what else, in the image, the phone doesn't even appear to be turned on. So how would it even appear as a background? There is definitely some monkey business going on here!
    On the real image it looks more like a reflection, not a background.
    Not sure how to justify it though.... It doesn't look like that reflection is 'right'
    01-27-11 02:34 PM
    It could also be that the guy is holding a dummy model with the same screen shot on it. Just another idea.
    that's what i'm hoping, i really want this device to be really happening
    01-27-11 03:19 PM
    it's a shape and form factor prototype...those press pics could've been taken much earlier and when they may not even had a working prototype ready
    01-27-11 03:27 PM
    it's a shape and form factor prototype...those press pics could've been taken much earlier and when they may not even had a working prototype ready
    this is making me feel better haha, it still irks me though
    01-27-11 03:29 PM
    i do give you props for seeing that though...good eye
    01-27-11 03:30 PM
    i do give you props for seeing that though...good eye
    hahhahaha why thank you! i know it was because i remember looking at the pic and wondering if it was reflecting the ceiling and what ceiling looks like that haha
    01-27-11 03:32 PM
    On the real image it looks more like a reflection, not a background.
    Not sure how to justify it though.... It doesn't look like that reflection is 'right'
    I thought so too, but to justify my statement the bright reflection of the light above the person on the bottom right corner of the phone in the handheld pic details the screen portion is not a reflection. I'm even willing to bet that the actual light we see is probably camera flash, if not overhead lighting.
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 01-27-11 at 03:52 PM.
    01-27-11 03:49 PM
    like said it could be a mock up with a fake screen image (think target stores / radio shack - fake screen images) - but note the light reflection in the lower right of the original (in the hand) phone. it looks to be a proper "bright spot" so my opinion is that the original leak was indeed a non working mockup with that image as a temp fake screen image.

FINGERS CROSSED!

I has been said that this phone is already in production - with a late spring release.

again... FINGERS CROSSED. LOL
    01-27-11 03:49 PM
    Excellent catch!!!

With only the storm as a touchscreen we don't have the opprotunity to see this much.

Real Image (Sept):
    Wallpaper that looks like a reflection because of the capacitive touchscreen layer over the actual screen producing glare.

Render/ Ad shot:
    Shows wallpaper head on with no glare.
    01-27-11 07:03 PM
    everyone read the OP, i updated with a pic from new leaked powerpoint slides! it looks REAL YAYYYYY STORM3 BABYYY
    01-27-11 07:12 PM
    But the reflection is still the same old reflection. Wouldn't that mean these are fake too? And the only real pick is from they guy with the AOHA addiction?
    01-27-11 08:41 PM
    But the reflection is still the same old reflection. Wouldn't that mean these are fake too? And the only real pick is from they guy with the AOHA addiction?
    i don't know, but the powerpoint slides make me lean towards real....very real
    01-27-11 08:43 PM
    01-27-11 09:12 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD