09-24-14 01:13 AM
81 1234
tools
    wow..it is such a waste not to have a bb10 tablet..and with rumour about amazon i had my hopes raised up..i think we might hear something really soon.i think we will have a bb10 tablet by oct 2015 maximum.
    09-09-14 10:08 AM
    wow..it is such a waste not to have a bb10 tablet..and with rumour about amazon i had my hopes raised up..i think we might hear something really soon.i think we will have a bb10 tablet by oct 2015 maximum.
    If people won't buy the phones, u think they're going to buy the tablets?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-09-14 11:34 AM
    Yes, it is a waste. Considering how well the last tablet sold and how well BB10 devices have sold it totally makes sense to launch a BB10 tablet.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    09-09-14 11:36 AM
    it doesnt have to be a 700$ tablet.but i and most of bb10 users would love it.i hope chen is thinking about it.
    09-09-14 04:45 PM
    it doesnt have to be a 700$ tablet.but i and most of bb10 users would love it.i hope chen is thinking about it.
    The thing is, I'm sure they also thought that most BBOS users would love the PlayBook too.....lol we see how that turned out. I'm just saying don't hold your breath for a new Tablet

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-09-14 06:52 PM
    There is definitely going to be a bb10 tablet. How soon I don't know you can't say you offer full mobility in the enterprise without a tablet. My thoughts are they will be developing one with the health care industry in mind. Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 09:24 PM
    There is definitely going to be a bb10 tablet. How soon I don't know you can't say you offer full mobility in the enterprise without a tablet. My thoughts are they will be developing one with the health care industry in mind. Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry was to be more successful then maybe, just maybe, BlackBerry will develop another tablet. Until then, you don't have a chance

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 09:40 PM
    these rumours cant be so wrong.they have to be based on something.im pretty confident.
    09-11-14 08:58 AM
    these rumours cant be so wrong.they have to be based on something.im pretty confident.
    Why do rumors have to be based on something? The number of rumors that have turned out to be completely baseless is off the chart.

Look at the impartial data. BlackBerry had a tablet that was a horrible failure. So far BB10 hasn't been a great success. As a result BlackBerry are currently is a very precautions position. BlackBerry has doing a fabulous job of trying to turn things. around.

Why would they take a gamble on another tablet until they have returned to profitability and have a solid BB10 ecosystem to support the tablets?

I'm sorry. I know many of us here would like a tablet (myself included). But it isn't about us or what we want. It is about what's best for BlackBerry right now.

Last edited by crazigee; 09-11-14 at 03:44 PM.
    Karben likes this.
    09-11-14 01:03 PM
    i think the tablet would be a success.i believe that all bb10 users that bought a bb10 phone since 2013 would buy one immediately.
    09-11-14 03:50 PM
    i think the tablet would be a success.i believe that all bb10 users that bought a bb10 phone since 2013 would buy one immediately.
    Really?!?

After what I, and others, just quoted you...you still think that many people are going to buy a BB10 tablet? Once again....look at the PlayBook for reference. People thought all BBOS users would get it. Even with having a powerful device from BlackBerry, it still didn't happen

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 04:06 PM
    Even if 100% of all BB10 users also bought a BB10 tablet, the tablet still wouldn't be a success, because... BB10 isn't a success (yet). The numbers are tiny.

It has a longggg way to go.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 04:16 PM
    There aren't enough BB10 users to make the phones successful. Therefore it is axiomatic that there aren't enough BB10 users to make a new tablet successful.

I wish it wasn't so, but it is. It's about what's good for BlackBerry right now. If they continue to launch failed devices then the company goes under. They need to wait until the recovery is complete.

Karben likes this.
    09-11-14 04:26 PM
    What significant advantages would there be to a BB10 tablet? The keyboard, hub & integration with BB10 phones? Use an Android tablet with SwiftKey and BlackBerry Blend when it's released. Even among BB10 users, I don't think enough would see a significant appeal.

What kind of ecosystem would there be? Pulling "might-work" apps from Amazon's poor excuse for an app store? I don't think many BB10 developers are even willing to update their apps, let alone redesign them for a tablet interface. Even many of those who don't depend on apps on their phones seem to "have a tablet for that".

BlackBerry should get their house in order and build up BB10's userbase and brand equity before gambling on another tablet endeavour.
    kbz1960, Karben and Chris S Mellor like this.
    09-11-14 09:15 PM
    People get so worked up about a tablet..

"They can't make a tablet until they're profitable..." but realistically not having a tablet could do more harm than good. The number one complaint about bb10 is app selection. Why would developers want to develop for BlackBerry when they only have sell phones.. really limits the capabilities of your app and the amount of downloads. Without a tablet the blackberry lineup is incomplete, and whether you agree or not, it turns people away from the OS and the products. The PlayBook OS was no where near as polished as BB10, and with android runtime working as smooth as it is, a tablet would be huge.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:57 AM
    People get so worked up about a tablet..

"They can't make a tablet until they're profitable..." but realistically not having a tablet could do more harm than good. The number one complaint about bb10 is app selection. Why would developers want to develop for BlackBerry when they only have sell phones.. really limits the capabilities of your app and the amount of downloads. Without a tablet the blackberry lineup is incomplete, and whether you agree or not, it turns people away from the OS and the products. The PlayBook OS was no where near as polished as BB10, and with android runtime working as smooth as it is, a tablet would be huge.

Posted via CB10
    my thoughts exactly.
    09-12-14 07:44 PM
    my thoughts exactly.
    Did the last tablet help or hurt?

09-13-14 01:45 PM
    it hurt because it wasnt offered with a complete os.bb10.2.1 and 10.3 are 100% complete.they dont miss a single thing.
    09-13-14 07:47 PM
    it hurt because it wasnt offered with a complete os.bb10.2.1 and 10.3 are 100% complete.they dont miss a single thing.
    Except for a decent ecosystem... which is the first thing that most people expect from a modern tablet.

At this point in time, how many million people do you think would pay significantly more for a BB10 tablet with far fewer apps and media options than an equivalent-or-better Android tablet that could run BlackBerry Blend to sync with their BB10 phone?
    Karben likes this.
    09-13-14 08:13 PM
    Blend makes it unnecessary to have a bb10 tablet.

Which I think is the way to go. No more tablets. Just a good blend.

Posted via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    09-13-14 11:55 PM
    youre right for blend.but personally i think a tablet would do better than the passport which, in my opinion ,is not for everybody.
    09-14-14 06:25 AM
    I'd have thought if they're doing research on wearables they're probably also doing research on a tablet. Which doesn't mean that they're going to do anything about it of course.

Part of the problem with the Playbook was that they built loads of them, and had to write down the cost of the inventory. They won't do that again. I wonder how small a run would be needed for it to be mildly profitable. It depends how much work it actually involves to make a tablet - in terms of the OS. If it works more or less out of the box, it's just the build cost more or less. And that's where Foxconn are an option.

There's no real sign of one though, that's accepted. Just idly wondering whether in terms of feasibility it's not as far fetched as some might think.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 06:52 AM
    Blend makes it unnecessary to have a bb10 tablet.

Which I think is the way to go. No more tablets. Just a good blend.

Posted via CB10
    I want blend on my tablet, which it will be. If it ever comes out.
    09-14-14 08:20 AM
    I don't know if you guys have used a Microsoft surface, but I have one and there isn't a big app selection.. hands down, I prefer the BlackBerry store over it. As far as I know they sell fairly well. No reason a BlackBerry tablet couldn't be as successful.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:08 PM
    I don't know if you guys have used a Microsoft surface, but I have one and there isn't a big app selection.. hands down, I prefer the BlackBerry store over it. As far as I know they sell fairly well. No reason a BlackBerry tablet couldn't be as successful.

Posted via CB10
    It "could" be successful, however, is it worth it for BlackBerry to release one when the likelihood of it being successful is slim. The answer is no.

And the Surface is a success because it uses the Windows ecosystem, which is widely used. You can also install most Windows software. Big difference with BlackBerry.

Right now it simply isn't a good idea for BlackBerry to try another tablet.

Karben, kbz1960 and mornhavon like this.
    09-14-14 11:33 PM
81 1234