09-24-14 12:13 AM
81 1234
tools
    If they can sell it cheap and pre-load it with some goodies, I think it can be successful. I will buy one!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:02 AM
    If they can sell it cheap and pre-load it with some goodies, I think it can be successful. I will buy one!

Posted via CB10
    It never ceases to amaze me how BlackBerry faithful think that any product released by BlackBerry will be successful regardless of all the evidence to the contrary.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    08-28-14 05:27 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me how BlackBerry faithful think that any product released by BlackBerry will be successful regardless of all the evidence to the contrary.

Different definitions of success

Check Out TechCraze
    08-28-14 07:45 AM
    Different definitions of success

Check Out TechCraze
    And your definition is what? Clearly nothing to do with sales or profitably.

08-28-14 12:27 PM
    And your definition is what? Clearly nothing to do with sales or profitably.

Where has that been 'made clear' exactly?

Check Out TechCraze
    08-28-14 12:30 PM
    Is this source verified?

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1052
    08-28-14 12:37 PM
    Where has that been 'made clear' exactly?

Check Out TechCraze
    Where?

08-28-14 12:53 PM
    Where?

Yes... where did you deduce that my definition of success doesn't relate to sales or profitability

Check Out TechCraze
    08-28-14 02:24 PM
    Yes... where did you deduce that my definition of success doesn't relate to sales or profitability

Check Out TechCraze
    From your post where you claim there are different definitions of success.

08-28-14 07:54 PM
    I think yes, it's just a matter of time. Why resist the trend?

Ok, BBRY and customers kinda got burned once, but why not give it another shot?

I'm in, FireBerry... my way... come... here....

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    I'm not sure why every time we mention tablets, people yap about the playbook as some sort of betrayal. Well I had one for two years and it was by far the best bang for the buck. If you want to define crap, let's talk Android. I have gone through 3 tablets in 9 months (1 nexus7 and two Kobo Arc). If the cheap hardware doesn't crap out, the shear glitchiness of android will simply drive you up a wall.

If BlackBerry wants to build a tablet that can utilize power of bridge to create a interactive device, then I'm game. It would be unique and it would highlight the powerful capabilities of Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:47 PM

Boy, the lesson you learned today was that you tried and failed. Therefore, you shouldn't try.

Homer Simpson circa 2007.

Your comments remind me why the west is in decline and Asia is kicking our arse.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:52 PM
    I'm not sure why every time we mention tablets, people yap about the playbook as some sort of betrayal. Well I had one for two years and it was by far the best bang for the buck. If you want to define crap, let's talk Android. I have gone through 3 tablets in 9 months (1 nexus7 and two Kobo Arc). If the cheap hardware doesn't crap out, the shear glitchiness of android will simply drive you up a wall.

If BlackBerry wants to build a tablet that can utilize power of bridge to create a interactive device, then I'm game. It would be unique and it would highlight the powerful capabilities of Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Did you buy it pre or post fire sale? It post then yes it was a good deal. I paid full retail of $699, and sorry it never delivered for that price range. I wish, in hindsight, I had bought an iPad2 as it at least is still being supported. Bridge even degraded when I went to Bb10. Sad all the machine to machine talk with QNX and the the two QNX powered devices I have suck at it. QNET, distributed processing between QNX devices, all vaporware so far when it comes to BlackBerry. Yeah and I'm still waiting for my Ethernet adapter and USB to Serial they mentioned at the unveiling. Amateur hour is what the PlayBook was, not what it stopped.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    08-29-14 09:03 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a positive opinion about a potential device being made. I think it has a place in the small, niche blackberry market. Would be relevant in the medical and other fields, much like they are gearing the passport towards. Plus, a bb10 tablet would probably make a lot of the touchscreen phone fans happy.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:06 PM
    Doubt it will happen.

Why should they do this now? Here are a few reasons why NOT:

1). Market saturation, and overall slowdown in tablet / iPad sales.

2). BlackBerry blend just around the corner will allow bb10 main apps to run on Android, Apple, and Windows devices.

3). With BlackBery keen on phablets (a la Passport, and what's next?), Miracast, and newest HDMI out ports, why bother?

4). My Playbook still does what I need it most for: Business.

Anyone have more to add, go nuts....
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 09-02-14 at 10:15 PM.
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-29-14 08:41 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having a positive opinion about a potential device being made. I think it has a place in the small, niche blackberry market. Would be relevant in the medical and other fields, much like they are gearing the passport towards. Plus, a bb10 tablet would probably make a lot of the touchscreen phone fans happy.

Posted via CB10
    I used to share your sentiment, but after seeing the new CEO's stance and outlook, I have changed my opinion; at least for now.

So far, I don't see any inconsistency, bad device judgements, or lack of forward thinking. so for that, I say:

Go BlackBerry!
    08-29-14 08:43 PM
    Did you buy it pre or post fire sale? It post then yes it was a good deal. I paid full retail of $699, and sorry it never delivered for that price range. I wish, in hindsight, I had bought an iPad2 as it at least is still being supported. Bridge even degraded when I went to Bb10. Sad all the machine to machine talk with QNX and the the two QNX powered devices I have suck at it. QNET, distributed processing between QNX devices, all vaporware so far when it comes to BlackBerry. Yeah and I'm still waiting for my Ethernet adapter and USB to Serial they mentioned at the unveiling. Amateur hour is what the PlayBook was, not what it stopped.

I can't like this post enough. You said it perfectly. At $700 the PlayBook really only seemed good to me because I was tired of OS7 and it's limitations. Once I got BB10, I realized how incomplete the TabletOS was on the PlayBook.

If BlackBerry comes out with another new tablet, I won't be burned again. If I get it, I'm getting it on the abilities it has once released and the synergy it will have with my phone. They need to bring all them buzz words that were floating around these forums to the platform

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-30-14 11:50 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a foxcon one in the works sometime the next year. Especially due to their focus on business and the internet of things. Makes sense to have a fully compatible tablet for businesses that have more functionality than blend can deliver with byod.

Although I suspect it won't be till after the Passport, Classic, Z3LTE, and a highend full touch somewhere inbetween the size of the z10 and z30 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:22 AM
    Too late.. I wanted one but got a iPad mini retina.. Count me out. Like many of us, too late.. We have tabs that should last and be good enough for at least 3+ years.. I know people still using ipad gen1 with almost no complaints. For apps and web browsing any pad will really do. They missed the boat,..

Plus, I also agree now that no reason for one until they get good traction with handsets... Now that I'm used to iOS as much I think it's just average and blah.l now I'm opening up to having an iPhone if it's larger then there current offering... I hate typing on touch only but I also hate the q10 as a phone and communication device.. Unless the classic nails, in talking to many bb users .. It's a given the iphone6 will be adopted almost universally by me and most of them. Unless, the pad has a trackpad.... Then I'll buy one immediately. Selecting txt on ipad is a hideous experience and beyond frustrating.
    08-31-14 10:51 AM
    If the rumour is true, I bet it will be an Amazon branded tablet running BB10. Makes sense to me, Amazon wants a complete ecosystem but needs to differentiate somehow to allow its app store to compete.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:29 PM
    If the rumour is true, I bet it will be an Amazon branded tablet running BB10. Makes sense to me, Amazon wants a complete ecosystem but needs to differentiate somehow to allow its app store to compete.

Posted via CB10
    Highly doubt that.

08-31-14 09:25 PM
    Highly doubt that.

Highly doubt also but ... I never thought about it before reading this thread: a kindle fire hd on BB10 would be such a big thing!
    Did own a kindle fire HD and only returned it because of the crappy OS (thought it would be "different" from Android but the experience was even poorer); the device itself was great (good size, weight, screen...) With BB10 it would be an amazing (amazon?) little tablet
    09-01-14 03:00 AM
    How did BlackBerry get burned? Customers did due to BlackBerry releasing half assed software and not following through with their publicly stated plans for the device. BlackBerry write down was a result of those issues. Had they delivered Bb10 to the PlayBook even if they had cut out the hub to make it work to with 1 GB of RAM, then it is likely BlackBerry could have seen a lit more BB10 phone sales as there would be many more BB10 devices out there for developers to support and for PlayBook owners to see how great BB10 is and want a phone with it.

Reputation...

PB fiasco hurt both in many ways, consumers and BBRY
    (that's why I wrote "kinda", because I knew not everyone would understand... sure I would have loved BB10 on the PB)

Let's look to the future. Still hoping for a BB10 tablet. :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-02-14 05:25 AM
    what do you think are the chances of announcing a tablet in the 24/9 events?or just refer to a future release?
    09-08-14 01:56 PM
    what do you think are the chances of announcing a tablet in the 24/9 events?or just refer to a future release?
    No chance at all.

DYLANHABKIRK and mornhavon like this.
    09-08-14 10:04 PM
    None though I thought the same about a tool belt BlackBerry 10 device then bam BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:55 AM
81 1234